Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hisDUDENESS9829

12 Inch Line Wishlist

Recommended Posts

I don’t know about anyone else, but the biggest bummers in recent Marvel Legends history has been the death of the 12 inch line.  While a small positive has been the ability to pick these insanely awesome figures up on the cheap, I am super bummed that we won’t see any more characters made (probably).  

So I pose this question to you all.  If Hasbro said that they would release 5 more 12 inch figures and then kill the line, who would you want and why?

In order of importance I would like to see:

1. Punisher

2. Apocalypse (would work well with the 6 inch figures too)

3. Black Widow

4. Venom

5. War Machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say I agree with Thanos and Venom 100% so my list is

Thanos

Venom

Groot (makes sense)

Moon Knight (I know i know wouldn't happen but I could dream)

Ant-Man aka Giant-Man (MCU) (Ant-Man and Wasp Suit) (would make sense)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd say I agree with Thanos and Venom 100% so my list is

Thanos

Venom

Groot (makes sense)

Moon Knight (I know i know wouldn't happen but I could dream)

Ant-Man aka Giant-Man (MCU) (Ant-Man and Wasp Suit) (would make sense)

A Groot would be gorgeous.  I understand the Giant-Man, he would fit in.  Plus they set the precedent that MCU was fair game with Black Panther.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cheating because I'd only really want figures that would also work with the 6" line.

1. Sentinel (yes, I'm talking 3 to 4 feet tall, heh)

2. Apocalypse

3. Delgado

4. Tower

5. Beef

I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel way harder than I expected to here. You'd think there'd be more mutants with growing powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm cheating because I'd only really want figures that would also work with the 6" line.

1. Sentinel (yes, I'm talking 3 to 4 feet tall, heh)

2. Apocalypse

3. Delgado

4. Tower

5. Beef

I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel way harder than I expected to here. You'd think there'd be more mutants with growing powers.

A Watcher would also fit your theme pretty well for figures that would work with 6 inch scale.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be awesome if they transitioned the 12" line with characters that fit in with the 6".

Giant-Man, Stature, Goliath, Atlas, Yellowjacket, Iceman w/ AOA alt head, Ms. Marvel, Kleinstocks, Collective Man, Armor, Apocalypse, Wonder Man in ionic form, Nightmare, Dormammu, Galactus, Krakoa, Skrull, Titan from Imperial Guard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fitz616 said:

Would be awesome if they transitioned the 12" line with characters that fit in with the 6".

Giant-Man, Stature, Goliath, Atlas, Yellowjacket, Iceman w/ AOA alt head, Ms. Marvel, Kleinstocks, Collective Man, Armor, Apocalypse, Wonder Man in ionic form, Nightmare, Dormammu, Galactus, Krakoa, Skrull, Titan from Imperial Guard

I'm willing to bet we see a re-release of that Marvel Universe Galactus in the same format that we saw the Sentinel recently.  It wouldn't necessarily be in scale, but if the package it with a different Silver Surfer look it would probably sell well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, Fitz616 said:

Would be awesome if they transitioned the 12" line with characters that fit in with the 6".

Giant-Man, Stature, Goliath, Atlas, Yellowjacket, Iceman w/ AOA alt head, Ms. Marvel, Kleinstocks, Collective Man, Armor, Apocalypse, Wonder Man in ionic form, Nightmare, Dormammu, Galactus, Krakoa, Skrull, Titan from Imperial Guard

I've thought of that too, fitting in some 12" figures with the 6" scale figures. Sasquatch would be a good candidate as the Legends BAF version was a bit undersized. Giant-Man too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly. But I'd prefer slightly too big over too small. You can always crouch them down to get them to appear a little smaller. That's what I do with the Select Colossus to fit him in with Legends scale.

On the Legends scale, Sasquatch should be like 10" (roughly the height of Select Groot but wider). The Sasquatch Legends BAF was only 8.5". Too small. He's the same size as Hulk and I feel he should tower over Hulk like on the classic cover of Hulk 272.

Here's a Youtube video showing a 12" Icons Beast with other 6" Legends and 7" Select figures. If that was Sasquatch instead of Beast, that looks about right to me size-wise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Slightly. But I'd prefer slightly too big over too small. You can always crouch them down to get them to appear a little smaller. That's what I do with the Select Colossus to fit him in with Legends scale.

On the Legends scale, Sasquatch should be like 10" (roughly the height of Select Groot but wider). The Sasquatch Legends BAF was only 8.5". Too small. He's the same size as Hulk and I feel he should tower over Hulk like on the classic cover of Hulk 272.

Here's a Youtube video showing a 12" Icons Beast with other 6" Legends and 7" Select figures. If that was Sasquatch instead of Beast, that looks about right to me size-wise.

 

That Wendigo on the cover of Hulk 272 is huge too!  I never realized the size of those guys in comparison to the Hulk I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand being dissatisfied with a figure that's 1.5" too small and instead wanting one that's 2" too big.  That's okay, tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It comes down to the fact that Sasquatch has towered over other large characters like Hulk in the John Byrne-era Alpha Flight comics. Now Legends Hulk is the same size as Sasquatch and Legends Juggernaut is even bigger than Sasquatch. So to me, that would justify a 12" Sasquatch figure if everyone else is increasing in size.

A 12" Sasquatch would fall in the acceptable range of his classic comics size to me compared with other large Legends figures, as shown in that YouTube video.

And as I said, slightly too large is preferable to me for a large character and that can be masked just by crouching the figure's legs like the Select Colossus fitting in with other Legends.

I know Hasbro is not going release another Legends Sasquatch since they just gave us one, so I was hoping I could somehow get another larger version of him another way. But I'm sure there won't be another Sasquatch in any form. I was hoping Select would release one but they continue to say they have no plans to make Sasquatch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It comes down to the fact that Sasquatch has towered over other large characters like Hulk in the John Byrne-era Alpha Flight comics. Now Legends Hulk is the same size as Sasquatch and Legends Juggernaut is even bigger than Sasquatch. So to me, that would justify a 12" Sasquatch figure if everyone else is increasing in size.

A 12" Sasquatch would fall in the acceptable range of his classic comics size to me compared with other large Legends figures, as shown in that YouTube video.

And as I said, slightly too large is preferable to me for a large character and that can be masked just by crouching the figure's legs like the Select Colossus fitting in with other Legends.

I know Hasbro is not going release another Legends Sasquatch since they just gave us one, so I was hoping I could somehow get another larger version of him another way. But I'm sure there won't be another Sasquatch in any form. I was hoping Select would release one but they continue to say they have no plans to make Sasquatch.

He’s a deeper cut character than what Select usually tackles I feel like.  It’s exciting that we got one, but I think you are right that we won’t get another one for quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

He’s a deeper cut character than what Select usually tackles I feel like.  It’s exciting that we got one, but I think you are right that we won’t get another one for quite a while.

Agreed. And yes, I was excited to get a Legends Sasquatch. Just wish he was bigger. But I like him. In fact, he was the figure that started me collecting Legends. I had previously collected Marvel Universe scale figures only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a different Daredevil attire would be an easy cash in for Hasbro.  We have three different Deadpools in this scale, why not another DD since he was an exclusive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE