12 Inch Line Wishlist

hisDUDENESS9829

I don’t know about anyone else, but the biggest bummers in recent Marvel Legends history has been the death of the 12 inch line.  While a small positive has been the ability to pick these insanely awesome figures up on the cheap, I am super bummed that we won’t see any more characters made (probably).  

So I pose this question to you all.  If Hasbro said that they would release 5 more 12 inch figures and then kill the line, who would you want and why?

In order of importance I would like to see:

1. Punisher

2. Apocalypse (would work well with the 6 inch figures too)

3. Black Widow

4. Venom

5. War Machine

5 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd say I agree with Thanos and Venom 100% so my list is

Thanos

Venom

Groot (makes sense)

Moon Knight (I know i know wouldn't happen but I could dream)

Ant-Man aka Giant-Man (MCU) (Ant-Man and Wasp Suit) (would make sense)

A Groot would be gorgeous.  I understand the Giant-Man, he would fit in.  Plus they set the precedent that MCU was fair game with Black Panther.  

I'm cheating because I'd only really want figures that would also work with the 6" line.

1. Sentinel (yes, I'm talking 3 to 4 feet tall, heh)

2. Apocalypse

3. Delgado

4. Tower

5. Beef

I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel way harder than I expected to here. You'd think there'd be more mutants with growing powers.

16 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm cheating because I'd only really want figures that would also work with the 6" line.

1. Sentinel (yes, I'm talking 3 to 4 feet tall, heh)

2. Apocalypse

3. Delgado

4. Tower

5. Beef

I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel way harder than I expected to here. You'd think there'd be more mutants with growing powers.

A Watcher would also fit your theme pretty well for figures that would work with 6 inch scale.  

Would be awesome if they transitioned the 12" line with characters that fit in with the 6".

Giant-Man, Stature, Goliath, Atlas, Yellowjacket, Iceman w/ AOA alt head, Ms. Marvel, Kleinstocks, Collective Man, Armor, Apocalypse, Wonder Man in ionic form, Nightmare, Dormammu, Galactus, Krakoa, Skrull, Titan from Imperial Guard

57 minutes ago, Fitz616 said:

Would be awesome if they transitioned the 12" line with characters that fit in with the 6".

Giant-Man, Stature, Goliath, Atlas, Yellowjacket, Iceman w/ AOA alt head, Ms. Marvel, Kleinstocks, Collective Man, Armor, Apocalypse, Wonder Man in ionic form, Nightmare, Dormammu, Galactus, Krakoa, Skrull, Titan from Imperial Guard

I'm willing to bet we see a re-release of that Marvel Universe Galactus in the same format that we saw the Sentinel recently.  It wouldn't necessarily be in scale, but if the package it with a different Silver Surfer look it would probably sell well.  

On 4/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, Fitz616 said:

I've thought of that too, fitting in some 12" figures with the 6" scale figures. Sasquatch would be a good candidate as the Legends BAF version was a bit undersized. Giant-Man too.

Slightly. But I'd prefer slightly too big over too small. You can always crouch them down to get them to appear a little smaller. That's what I do with the Select Colossus to fit him in with Legends scale.

On the Legends scale, Sasquatch should be like 10" (roughly the height of Select Groot but wider). The Sasquatch Legends BAF was only 8.5". Too small. He's the same size as Hulk and I feel he should tower over Hulk like on the classic cover of Hulk 272.

Here's a Youtube video showing a 12" Icons Beast with other 6" Legends and 7" Select figures. If that was Sasquatch instead of Beast, that looks about right to me size-wise.

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Slightly. But I'd prefer slightly too big over too small. You can always crouch them down to get them to appear a little smaller. That's what I do with the Select Colossus to fit him in with Legends scale.

On the Legends scale, Sasquatch should be like 10" (roughly the height of Select Groot but wider). The Sasquatch Legends BAF was only 8.5". Too small. He's the same size as Hulk and I feel he should tower over Hulk like on the classic cover of Hulk 272.

Here's a Youtube video showing a 12" Icons Beast with other 6" Legends and 7" Select figures. If that was Sasquatch instead of Beast, that looks about right to me size-wise.

That Wendigo on the cover of Hulk 272 is huge too!  I never realized the size of those guys in comparison to the Hulk I guess.  

It comes down to the fact that Sasquatch has towered over other large characters like Hulk in the John Byrne-era Alpha Flight comics. Now Legends Hulk is the same size as Sasquatch and Legends Juggernaut is even bigger than Sasquatch. So to me, that would justify a 12" Sasquatch figure if everyone else is increasing in size.

A 12" Sasquatch would fall in the acceptable range of his classic comics size to me compared with other large Legends figures, as shown in that YouTube video.

And as I said, slightly too large is preferable to me for a large character and that can be masked just by crouching the figure's legs like the Select Colossus fitting in with other Legends.

I know Hasbro is not going release another Legends Sasquatch since they just gave us one, so I was hoping I could somehow get another larger version of him another way. But I'm sure there won't be another Sasquatch in any form. I was hoping Select would release one but they continue to say they have no plans to make Sasquatch.

26 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It comes down to the fact that Sasquatch has towered over other large characters like Hulk in the John Byrne-era Alpha Flight comics. Now Legends Hulk is the same size as Sasquatch and Legends Juggernaut is even bigger than Sasquatch. So to me, that would justify a 12" Sasquatch figure if everyone else is increasing in size.

A 12" Sasquatch would fall in the acceptable range of his classic comics size to me compared with other large Legends figures, as shown in that YouTube video.

And as I said, slightly too large is preferable to me for a large character and that can be masked just by crouching the figure's legs like the Select Colossus fitting in with other Legends.

I know Hasbro is not going release another Legends Sasquatch since they just gave us one, so I was hoping I could somehow get another larger version of him another way. But I'm sure there won't be another Sasquatch in any form. I was hoping Select would release one but they continue to say they have no plans to make Sasquatch.

He’s a deeper cut character than what Select usually tackles I feel like.  It’s exciting that we got one, but I think you are right that we won’t get another one for quite a while.

30 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

He’s a deeper cut character than what Select usually tackles I feel like.  It’s exciting that we got one, but I think you are right that we won’t get another one for quite a while.

Agreed. And yes, I was excited to get a Legends Sasquatch. Just wish he was bigger. But I like him. In fact, he was the figure that started me collecting Legends. I had previously collected Marvel Universe scale figures only.

• 2 months later...

This seems like a perfect channel for large characters that are too large for the BaF treatment, like a Sentinel or Galactus. Though, I can't really see Hasbro doing that, as any new line of figures is going to focus on new iterations of classic/mainstay characters to drive sales to an all new market/branch of collector. It's a fun thought though.

I will add that I was unaware that the 12" line had died. It seems like the larger lines like that never survive, much like the up-scaled X-men figures from the 90s.

Bobby Valla (who was heading up the 12in Legends line after they slashed his budget on the 3.75in line and butchered the line into oblivion...which was after they canned the 3.75in Joe line he was working on AND canceled his prototypes for a 6in Black Series style Joe line he was stating...) left Hasbro late last year and recently started a kickstarter for 6in G.I.Joe style figures called Action Force (the Kickstarter is still active for another 10 days or so). 

In an interview with Shartimus Prime, he said he had a 12in Jack Kirby style Thanos planned for the line, along with a comic Captain Marvel as well as a Venom (I think he said Venom, can’t remember) and those figures were very far along in development but Hasbro canceled them. 

I for one was very disappointed when the 12in line was canceled (as well as when the 3.75 line was canceled) and while the 12in line has a rocky start, the later releases such as Thor, Hulk and Wolverine were just fantastic. 

There is more than enough room for a complimentary 12in Legends line to run, it just needs to be the right characters and only 4-6 need to be released a year. I just don’t believe the $100+ Legends prop replica line sells better than a $50 focused, well done 12in line (which is what the line looked like it was turning into). But hey, what do i know. Hasbro doesn’t want me spending more money with them I guess because while my wallet hurts keeping up being a 6in Legends completist, I still have room in my budget for well executed 3.75in and 12in figures.