Most anticipated upcoming wave?

bashpics99

Not including the 80th anniv sets, which upcoming ML wave are you most looking forward too?  (based on what we know about them now) 

We've got:

• Caliban wave:  Beast, Gambit, Blink, Jubilee, Skullbuster, Forge, Weapon X
  • Endgame wave 2:  Shuri, Beta Ray Bill, Loki, Union Jack, Rock Python, rest TBA
  • Far from Home:  mcu Spidey, mcu Noir costume, Spider-woman, Scorpion, Hydroman, Doppleganger  rest TBA
  • X-force wave: Nightcrawler, Guardian, Mr Sinister, Cannonball, Boom-Boom,, rest TBA
  • Vintage wave: X-force Cyclops, Dazzler, Silver Samurai, Wolverine, rest TBA

For me, I'm actually most excited about that X-force wave. While Nightcrawler is the only truly must-have fig for me in that wave, the rest are ones i want enough that i may end up ordering the whole wave (depending on whom the BAF is, presumably Wendigo).

After that, I'd say Far from Home since i'm pretty psyched to add both Scorpion and Hydro-Man to Spidey's rogues gallery.

Next Caliban wave - while i checked out of x-men during the 90s, no denying this wave has some great looking figures and i anticipate getting  a bunch of them sooner or later.

Next Vintage wave - definitely want to pick up Silver Samurai and probably Dazzler too. Looking forward to the other reveals from this wave.

Coming in last, sadly, is Endgame wave 2 - I'm getting Shuri for sure.  maybe Beta Ray Bill but the other comic figs aren't doing much for me (although Union Jack looks very nice).  Maybe the remaining reveals will win me over.

1 minute ago, mako said:

Why are we not including the 80th? Not looking to start anything, just curious.

In any case, outside of the 80th, I'm not really anticipating ANY wave, at least not as a whole.

I mostly anticipate individual figures. Gambit and Best from the Caliban series, Julia Carpenter from the Far from Home series, 90's Dazzler from the X-Retros, etc.

Just felt like the 80th didn't fit the wave format or price points, and also (somewhat presumptively) assumed it would be everyone's favorite since it seems like it has a ton of highly-anticipated figures! I know for me personally it blows away any of the upcoming waves, both in terms of comics figs AND mcu figs.

I'm with you in terms of mostly looking forward to cherry picking individual figs from the waves, x-factor is the one i am most on board with as a whole wave, so far.

For me it's the Spidey wave.  Whenever there's a Spider-Man wave it's my most anticipated wave.  After that I'd say the X-Force wave, especially Nightcrawler.  From there it's more about individual figures, the Caliban wave isn't one I'm as excited for as most people, outside of Gambit that is.  Endgame Wave 2 is like Wave 1, not excited outside of a couple figures, unless the BAF is beyond belief I'll probably only get Loki.  The X-Vintage Wave really only has Silver Samurai for me, although the other figures could change that when they're revealed.

Not sure really what my most anticipated wave is because yet to see all the figs in the waves post Caliban wave,

but I know I really want to build that Caliban BAF , only thing is I don't care about getting Weapon X or Forge

currently I'm only excited about getting Beta Ray from that Endgame 2 wave

only things I want from Far From Home wave are Spider-Woman and Doppelganger

X-Force wave seems really great I really want that Boom Boom, Mr. Sinister, Guardian, and of course Nightcrawler

Vintage X wave I only care about Dazzler and Silver Samurai

It will really sway me when I see the BAFs and what other figures are in each wave.

but if that Spider-Man wave BAF is a sick Molten Man like the Pop fig I'm crazy excited, and If that X-Force wave is Wendigo I'm on it

Now that I have the Caliban wave in hand, I will say that it will be incredibly tough to beat.  Nightcrawler and Sinister are very high up on my want list but from a wave perspective, Caliban is pretty perfect.  It’s rare that I build the BAF simply because I already ended up buying all the pieces incidentally because I bought the figures.  Plus the figure itself is great and made me dig in a bit more on the character.

For me its the Calliban Wave, eben though I really want some of the figures from the vintage wave and the x-force wave, I pretty much want all the figures from the calliban wave (even though the BAF is not that important to me), Gambit has been one of my favorite x-men (and very underused IMO) for a while and I have been praying for a new figure, Im a sucker for anything 90's Xmen so Jubilee, Beast and Forge, are definetely joining my collection, Blink is probably one of the my top 3 favorite characters that came out of AOA (I know she technically was created before but I didnt know her before and the costume she's wearing was first used in AOA), and Weapon X is always a welcome figure, if anything the 2 figures Im least excited about are the Calliban BAF and Skull Buster (and Ill still be getting both :P )

I only collect X-men so between the 3 X-related waves, here's the order of the individual figures (of which we know of) from my most wanted to meh:

1) Jubilee

2) Gambit

3) Beast

4) Dazzler

5) Boom Boom

6) Forge

7) Nightcrawler

8) Blink

9) X-Factor Cyclops

10) Silver Samurai

11) Sinister

12) Cannonball

13) Weapon X

14) Guardian

15) Patch Wolverine

16) Skullbuster

17) Caliban

18) Wendigo

Cannonball would've been higher if he actually came with legs (still hoping he does). Toybiz Nightcrawler and Toybiz Sinister still hold up and, from the pics provided, actually look better than Hasbro's. Toybiz Beast also has a better head sculpt (IMO) but I'm just so ready to get this wave that I just want my top 3 figures. I prefer this Dazzler over Disco Dazzler. I'm stoked for the Vintage wave packaging, though not getting BAF's is a let-down. This year's X-related BAF's, Caliban and Wendigo are such a downgrade from last year's Apocalypse and Sauron.

59 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I only collect X-men so between the 3 X-related waves, here's the order of the individual figures (of which we know of) from my most wanted to meh:

1) Jubilee

2) Gambit

3) Beast

4) Dazzler

5) Blink

6) Forge

7) Nightcrawler

8) Boom Boom

9) X-Factor Cyclops

10) Silver Samurai

11) Sinister

12) Cannonball

13) Weapon X

14) Guardian

15) Patch Wolverine

16) Skullbuster

17) Caliban

18) Wendigo

Cannonball would've been higher if he actually came with legs (still hoping he does). Toybiz Nightcrawler and Toybiz Sinister still hold up and, from the pics provided, actually look better than Hasbro's. Toybiz Beast also has a better head sculpt (IMO) but I'm just so ready to get this wave that I just want my top 3 figures. I prefer this Dazzler over Disco Dazzler. I'm stoked for the Vintage wave packaging, though not getting BAF's is a let-down. This year's X-related BAF's, Caliban and Wendigo are such a downgrade from last year's Apocalypse and Sauron.

I agree about the BAF's...though I'm starting to warm up to CALIBAN. I prefer the classic Hulk Wendigo over the new one.

Regarding Cannonball, I saw an interview where they said he is not coming with legs due to cost. I guess legs and a blast effect were just too much for one figure. 

36 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

I agree about the BAF's...though I'm starting to warm up to CALIBAN. I prefer the classic Hulk Wendigo over the new one.

Regarding Cannonball, I saw an interview where they said he is not coming with legs due to cost. I guess legs and a blast effect were just too much for one figure. 

Yea I saw the youtube video where someone talked to the Hasbro guys and was told Cannonball doesn't have legs. I think in that case I would be ok with Cannonball not getting a BAF part if he came with both blast effect AND legs (it's kinda ridiculous that he doesn't have legs LOL).

18 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Yea I saw the youtube video where someone talked to the Hasbro guys and was told Cannonball doesn't have legs. I think in that case I would be ok with Cannonball not getting a BAF part if he came with both blast effect AND legs (it's kinda ridiculous that he doesn't have legs LOL).

Wait... that wasn’t a joke? I thought this whole time that the Cannonball thing was just a joke/meme that’s as getting circulated.  I absolutely won’t be picking him up without legs.

9 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Wait... that wasn’t a joke? I thought this whole time that the Cannonball thing was just a joke/meme that’s as getting circulated.  I absolutely won’t be picking him up without legs.

Yup TheFwoosh guys, who were at Toy Fair this year mentioned it:

"But they specifically noted that he will not come with legs."

• 2 weeks later...

This is a hard question, but I’d have to say the X-Force wave. I really want more X-men related villains and Sinister is a must! It’s kind of funny, cause I was only going to try and get Beast, Forge and Gambit from the Caliban wave. But after seeing reviews, I’m really excited to get Skullbuster, Blink looks great too! So then if you have 4 Baf pieces, it’s kind of silly to not get the other two. So once again I will end up buying the whole damn wave! Thought I was going to be saving money on figs this year, I better guess again! Lol