Are peg holes problem to you?

SpiderS

So, thanks mainly to Spider-Man figures, peg holes became my #1 eye sore when it comes to Marvel Legends, funny enough proto Marvel Legends line Spider-Man Classic had no peg holes which is similar to new DC Multiverse figures, not having peg holes on elbows and knees makes these figures look far more superior, however if you have mentioned figures, you will knows that such type of articulation makes them prone to looseness, I think thats the reason why Toy Biz went back to pegs but at least they would paint them. I would really love to see Hasbro try something new, if not all new bodies at least replace existing arms and legs. What do you think?

8487605109905587123.jpg

I agree those peg holes once you really notice them are a real eye sore, I am confused especially on that Spider-Man figure why they wouldn't have painted those arm pegs, it detracts so much

but hey one could always paint them themselves? , I just try to look past them

I don’t ever really pay attention to them. I honestly didn’t even notice that you can’t see them on the multiverse figures until I just read it really.  I also only own the Vintage Spidey and Black suit Spidey so maybe it’s just not something that is super prevalent in the x-characters (the colors not matching up I mean). 

2 hours ago, ADour said:

I think I recall ShartimusPrime mentioning in a video that ToyBiz used to paint the joint pegs manually, which would be costly and time-consuming nowadays. I know nothing about action figure engineering, but I wonder if it'd be possible for Hasbro to make pegs that have different colors on each end.

That would probably either making to different colour plastics to fit one peg mold or making two halves and sticking them together, but would be costly and time-consuming. It is easier and faster just to make them one colour and leave it at that.

• 2 months later...

Nope, i mean at the moment i have no bases for my Marvel figures or stands for that matter but i am alright if they have peg holes especially if they might come useful for when i get an interesting base or such 🙂

This isn’t something that’s ever been an issue for me. If memory serves, and based on the handful of figures next to me now, most pegs are either painted or cast in the same color plastic as the arms and don’t really show. I don’t own the Vintage Spider-Man, but I know past versions of the character *do* have this issue, but even so it’s never been too serious imo.

1 hour ago, DailyVO said:

It's never bothered me, but like Shartimus, I wonder what it would take to cast the peg mold in two colored plastics.

I've seen Gundam kits where there are two different colors on the parts tree, so it must be possible.  It might be difficult and/or expensive, but it must be possible.