Sign in to follow this  
SpiderS

Are peg holes problem to you?

So, thanks mainly to Spider-Man figures, peg holes became my #1 eye sore when it comes to Marvel Legends, funny enough proto Marvel Legends line Spider-Man Classic had no peg holes which is similar to new DC Multiverse figures, not having peg holes on elbows and knees makes these figures look far more superior, however if you have mentioned figures, you will knows that such type of articulation makes them prone to looseness, I think thats the reason why Toy Biz went back to pegs but at least they would paint them. I would really love to see Hasbro try something new, if not all new bodies at least replace existing arms and legs. What do you think?

8487605109905587123.jpg

I agree those peg holes once you really notice them are a real eye sore, I am confused especially on that Spider-Man figure why they wouldn't have painted those arm pegs, it detracts so much

but hey one could always paint them themselves? , I just try to look past them

I don’t ever really pay attention to them. I honestly didn’t even notice that you can’t see them on the multiverse figures until I just read it really.  I also only own the Vintage Spidey and Black suit Spidey so maybe it’s just not something that is super prevalent in the x-characters (the colors not matching up I mean). 

I think I recall ShartimusPrime mentioning in a video that ToyBiz used to paint the joint pegs manually, which would be costly and time-consuming nowadays. I know nothing about action figure engineering, but I wonder if it'd be possible for Hasbro to make pegs that have different colors on each end.

2 hours ago, ADour said:

I think I recall ShartimusPrime mentioning in a video that ToyBiz used to paint the joint pegs manually, which would be costly and time-consuming nowadays. I know nothing about action figure engineering, but I wonder if it'd be possible for Hasbro to make pegs that have different colors on each end.

That would probably either making to different colour plastics to fit one peg mold or making two halves and sticking them together, but would be costly and time-consuming. It is easier and faster just to make them one colour and leave it at that.

I looked back  through my display last night and didn't really see any that stood out to me.  For the most part they blend in and are inconsequential to the figure with the exception of my Vintage Spidey.