What’s Going on? Walmart Corvus Glaive and Loki

BradMan

I haven’t really seen any official threads dedicated to this, so let me ask here... did anyone else pre-order the Corvus Glaive and Loki two-pack from Walmart’s website?

The set was supposed to come out on 3/31, and my original order had a scheduled delivery of 4/2.  Almost immediately on 3/31 my order status hit “processed” and then “delayed” with a note telling me to check again soon.

In the meantime, my card has been charged 8 times for the purchase amount.  The charges always show as “pending” in my bank account, and after a few days they disappear without any funds actually leaving my account.  But, I get charged 2 or 3 times every day, and the order still hasn’t shipped.

I have no faith in my local Walmarts ever stocking these.  The last exclusives I was able to buy in hand were the Winter Soldier and Falcon from “Civil War”.

And Walmart wonders why it’s losing everything to Amazon..

Have heard a lot of horror stories similar to yours, with pre-orders being delayed and being charged multiple times for the same 2-pack.

One theory i heard is that WM was expecting to get separate cases of just the 2-packs, instead the 2-packs came packaged as part of the endcap dispays we are seeing in the stores.   I'm not sure if that is true or, if so, whether that would result in the pre-order backlog we're seeing.  

The "being charged multiple times" sounds like a separate, but horrific, issue and it doesn't sound like they've resolved the problem yet which is kind of crazy.

1 hour ago, BradMan said:

I haven’t really seen any official threads dedicated to this, so let me ask here... did anyone else pre-order the Corvus Glaive and Loki two-pack from Walmart’s website?

The set was supposed to come out on 3/31, and my original order had a scheduled delivery of 4/2.  Almost immediately on 3/31 my order status hit “processed” and then “delayed” with a note telling me to check again soon.

In the meantime, my card has been charged 8 times for the purchase amount.  The charges always show as “pending” in my bank account, and after a few days they disappear without any funds actually leaving my account.  But, I get charged 2 or 3 times every day, and the order still hasn’t shipped.

I have no faith in my local Walmarts ever stocking these.  The last exclusives I was able to buy in hand were the Winter Soldier and Falcon from “Civil War”.

I don't know if its the same thing, I assume you're paying with credit card, this is from experience:
What stores do when you buy something is send a "fund request" to your bank account. Sometimes, banks hold back money out of suspicious activity, in this case buying from a new store, or having a reboot in their system, or a change in the code or servers. So they reject the payment. And stores try and try again. You should try contacting your bank to see if something's wrong first. If they say nothing's wrong, then call walmart and ask them what's wrong.

This has helped me with Amazon.mx, I don't know if it would work the same way for you.

3 hours ago, BradMan said:

Back when I was collecting Pops, one of the chrome Batman’s dropped and some people paid with their PayPal accounts at Barnes and Noble for them. There was a similar payment processing issue that occurred and people’s paypal accounts were drained.  If I remember correctly, the ones that paid with a card had to call their banks and tell them to stop payment on any future transactions of that amount from B&N.  Maybe that is a route to take?

I know I can work with my bank to make sure only the correct amount of money is charged to Walmart... my concern is doing anything to mess with the order until I have the figures in hand.

Did anyone pre-order them and actually receive them at this point?

I know my Spider-Man and MJ set from Target was also supposed to be released on 3/31 and has also been delayed.

Did Hasbro miscommunicate release dates with the retailers on these exclusives?

I had similar issue. As I understand it the Walmart system messed up. The process charges should if not already disappear from you account but the chances of you getting your 2-pack are slim to none. When I checked my account I didnt have any charges, but when I inquired with a Walmart rep online I was told I wouldn't be getting my order due to a processing error :( The sets are out, physical stores have been getting them. I don't know if everyone who ordered online had similar problems or just us select few.

Same thing happened to me I have about 20 pending charges in total from this, it’s been about 1 everyday and nothing they say my item is expected on the 9th still and they are preparing to ship it and it’s been that way for about a week now. I hope I do get it because I’m not able to go out to any Walmart’s while I’m on deployment :/

Same thing happened to me...Order was to arrive on the 2nd, called they cancelled order, reordered it...it never shipped either...they told me the same story with my 2nd order they told me with the 1st...Cancelled it also( they sure can cancel orders, but not fulfill them) I went to a Walmart store 45mins away(the one in town doesn't get anything) and they went in the back and got one for me....

I was so lucky to meet the nicest collector late one night. He messaged me the next day and had set 2 of these aside one for me and one for him. I’ve stumbled across a few but knowing the way walmart is with their pre orders makes me upset at Hasbro for letting them do this to the consumers. If I find any on the shelves in Dallas I’ll pick them up and message on here. No profit I’ll just charge what I was paid. It’s not fair and this is coming from someone who got one. I’m sorry guys. This situation sucks. But I’m looking out for you!!! 

Mine too was suppose to be delivered on the 2nd, and the days leading up to it i received a pending charge per day. At 2, i complained, they said it shouldn't happen again. The next day i had 3.. complained again. They told me to cancel my order and re-order (because it was back in stock) and kindly gave me a $25 gift card. The item was to be delivered this time to my house 2 days later. Well 2 days later came and nothing was shipped.

I talked to CS and they said "oh that would be because our warehouse doesn't have any, they could restock in 10-15 days, but by then your order may be canceled" so basically... "stay with us and probably get it canceled.. or find locally

"there's some stores showing in stock nearby" (calls stores.. none have them) calls one 40min away they have 2.. but wont hold it for more than 30min

So i talk to CS and i'm like.. this store said they have 2... i really don't want to drive an hr and a half between driving up and back to show up empty handed and waste gas on top of it. So the CS rep ended up calling the store and speaking to the manager and explained the situation.. and the manager has apparently agreed to hold the 2 pack for me until i can get there after work today... 

so in addition to all this... i drive 40 min away to get this 2 pack that the manager was placing on hold for me, and said would be available in customer service when i get off work. Well I get to customer service and they of course have no idea what i'm talking about and know nothing about anything i'm saying. Thinking they might of had someone accidentally place it back on the shelf we go look. the shipper is empty... nada.. we look through aisles, nothing. she goes in the back to look, and at this point i'm irate... after everything i went through. I decide to check the shipper one last time, and low and behold.. one set is buried and stashed behind some of the titan heroes..... I nabbed it. told her thank you but i got it.. and promptly finally have my set.

Basically what they did was allowing you to pre-order, giving people multiple pending charges.. and then sending all their stock to stores and not having anything left for the pre-order people which is not how pre-ordering works

WALMART WAS CHARGING ME $43.52 DAILY FOR MY PRE-ORDER. WHEN I CALLED I HAD MY BANK REP ON THE LINE. THE WALMART CUSTOMER REP STATED THAT IT WAS THEIR POLICY AND WOULD HAVE TO CHARGE MY ACCOUNT DAILY INCLUDING WEEKENDS UNTIL THE ORDER WAS SHIPPED. I HAD TO CANCEL THE ORDER AFTER THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $130.56. The customer service rep from my bank even told the Walmart rep she has never heard of such a thing. I will have to get this duel pack from EBAY. The worst part about this is that many 3rd market people are aware of this and will most likely raise the price. 

It happened to me before. But the worst part is thier customer service. They don't email or anything Thiers a problem but they will email you a bunch  advertisement or ask you to take survey on your recent order. But they won't contact you when Thiers a problem. And the always promise to get back to you but you always end up doing that to before they do.

4 hours ago, lastchanceharvey said:

If I find any on the shelves in Dallas I’ll pick them up and message on here. No profit I’ll just charge what I was paid. It’s not fair and this is coming from someone who got one. I’m sorry guys. This situation sucks. But I’m looking out for you!!! 

If you’re able to find another one I’ll take you up on that.  I display my ML loose, so they could just be shipped in a bubble mailer for cheap.

I've ordered a number of ML & SWBS online @ Walmart & have never experienced any negative issues and/or order cancellations related thereto (other than careless pkg.). My only complaint is their pkg. is average at best (comparable to Amazon & Hasbro Pulse) so in certain instances the product box windows have been scuffed up and/or corners damaged from the careless pkg. (if you care about the product pkg.). I'd take the $10 credit offered if I were you as you can order (other than action figures products like) food or other necessities online for in-store pickup and save yourself $10. $10 is $10 in my book. 

We in Canada never even got a chance for a pre-order on walmart.ca, no sign of this anywhere for us at all, at least some of you guys have gotten it, it's really pathetic how Wal-Mart treats these things. But hey at least to me Wal-Mart is utter trash for figure collectors here in Canada, nothing is ever stocked, nothing new ever happens, every single Wal-Mart toy section looks like nobody gives one care about it, same with the website, toys are marked up so high it's insane (for instance Chamelon is 156.99, Kraven 150.00) so this doesn't strike me as unusual, but I mean i guess things are better in the US,

My friend got me a set from Dallas as he found it on the shelf.  However, for the Luke Cage 2-pack, I did manage to get that from walmart.ca.  I got it before Christmas and it sold out in less than a day after it was originally listed.  However, they received a restock last month and it can still be ordered, so maybe the Loki 2-pack will show up later too.

As for the marked up toys, take a look, it's likely a 3rd party seller.

Ordered mine, said itd arrive 2 days later, nothing. Tried the custom service chat, 1st person told me my order was stuck in a processing glitch and I needed to cancel and reorder. That made no sense though they insisted it was correct. I asked for a supervisor and they refused. I disconnected the chat and called instead. 2nd person said it was backordered a few days and I'd have it definitely without a doubt by the next monday. They couldn't explain the reasoning person 1 gave me. The next day i got an email telling me my order was now outright canceled. So every person who I talked to there was a 100 percent sure of what turned out to be complete nonsense. Walmarts online now has about a 66 percent record of screwing up my online orders. 2 of every 3 end up canceled, i get notice they arrived at store but when i get there they arent, etc... 

I really wish Hasbro would stop giving them exclusives. 

I had an issue with ordering the 2 pack off Walmart's site too.  I ordered it on 4/1, and it said it would arrive at my local store for pick up on 4/3.  4/3 came around and nothing had changed, but it said it would be available for pick up after 6 pm.  So I figured it was okay.  Fast forward to Thursday 4/4 and the new status said "delayed, check back later" after contacting customer service I got a run around, but the rep I spoke to said that I could wait 3-10 days to see if it came in or they suggested I drive to the nearest stores, which according to them this included two stores an hour to two hours away as all of the local ones didn't have stock.  The ridiculous suggestion to drive that far out of my way because of something that was clearly Walmart's mistake didn't sit well with me, the set was still listed as in stock as of 5 pm the same day I ordered it, and I ordered at 6 am, of course I cancelled the order immediately after and gave them a hard time about their ordering process and general customer service.  I can never get over how stores like Walmart and Target want these exclusives (and Funko stuff too) but can't seem to have enough online and on shelves to meet demand.  Hasbro either needs to step up production or just stop giving them exclusives.