What’s Going on? Walmart Corvus Glaive and Loki

BradMan

26 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

I had an issue with ordering the 2 pack off Walmart's site too.  I ordered it on 4/1, and it said it would arrive at my local store for pick up on 4/3.  4/3 came around and nothing had changed, but it said it would be available for pick up after 6 pm.  So I figured it was okay.  Fast forward to Thursday 4/4 and the new status said "delayed, check back later" after contacting customer service I got a run around, but the rep I spoke to said that I could wait 3-10 days to see if it came in or they suggested I drive to the nearest stores, which according to them this included two stores an hour to two hours away as all of the local ones didn't have stock.  The ridiculous suggestion to drive that far out of my way because of something that was clearly Walmart's mistake didn't sit well with me, the set was still listed as in stock as of 5 pm the same day I ordered it, and I ordered at 6 am, of course I cancelled the order immediately after and gave them a hard time about their ordering process and general customer service.  I can never get over how stores like Walmart and Target want these exclusives (and Funko stuff too) but can't seem to have enough online and on shelves to meet demand.  Hasbro either needs to step up production or just stop giving them exclusives.    

If this whole incident doesn't put a halt to Hasbro giving Wal-Mart exclusives, then i'd be truly surprised, because this is so bad for business. Wal-Mart hasn't had an exclusive though if my mind serves correct since Thanos early last year, so maybe Hasbro was giving one last shot, since at least for me I never saw that Thanos more then once and only one and that was months after it came out

I have a very similar story.  I ordered it as soon as it popped up online (probably via a "heads up" post on this fine website!), and I also was told that it would ship/arrive on April 2.  One week after that date and nothing.  Those ship dates are always completely accurate, so although I was a bit disappointed, I wasn't concerned that it wasn't coming at all.  Well, now I am.  I guess I'll go check my credit card to see if I was charged for it.  Bummer.

I was able to find the 2-pack at my local store, but I had a similar situation to this occur with Megalopolis. I ordered the entire wave minus Captain America, but they shipped Cap instead of Ebony Maw and then couldn't send me Maw because he was then sold out - so I ended up paying $37 for him on the secondary market. This is also after they double charged me for the most recent Spider-Man wave and completely lost my pre-order for the most recent Black Panther wave despite it showing up in my order history online. I'm going to give them one last chance as I already have the Caliban X-Men wave ordered through them, but if that gets messed up somehow, I'm going back to Big Bad Toystore and/or Impulse Creations. I really do like Megalopolis - as is evidenced by all the purples boxes in my garage, but you only get so many chances.

I had to fight tooth & nail to get mine. I placed my order with Free 2 Day Shipping on April 1st. Kept checking the status on it. By the 4th it still had not been shipped. I hit up their customer service. They said it would ship on either the 4th or the 5th. The end of the day on the 5th rolled around, and still no word.

So I hit up their customer service again, and gave em hell. They apologized. Told me they were going to ship it out on the 6th. I said that's not good enough. Originally it was supposed to be 2 day shipping. Then I got told 2 different dates that it would definitely be shipped by, ,and that didn't happen. Now I'm being told that it will be the following day.

So they said it would definitely be going out on the 6th. They also refunded me $8 +tax on my order. 

The refund came though. And the package definitely did process or ship on the 6th. I received my Corvus Glaive yesterday. Pretty rad figure.

Fight the man! Your dreams can come true. There is hope. Just don't let them bullshit you. Show em that you're mad. Be nice, but  let them know that it's not ok.

10 hours ago, BradMan said:

If you’re able to find another one I’ll take you up on that.  I display my ML loose, so they could just be shipped in a bubble mailer for cheap.

No worries I display mine looks too I’ll keep my eyes peeled I also hit all my vintage shops if they get any in I’ll snag them loose or in the pack for you. I hate Walmart’s preorders. I couldn’t get the binary captain marvel bc of them. But I’ll keep my eyes peeled! 

1 hour ago, nighthawk said:

So, for all those complaining about Walmart's ordering process, have you contacted Hasbro?  If you want Hasbro to stop giving them exclusives, you gotta let them know what's happening.

yeah let stop hasbro giving one of the few stores that still get legends to sell, exclusives. that's a smart idea. /end sarcasm.

On 4/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

If this whole incident doesn't put a halt to Hasbro giving Wal-Mart exclusives, then i'd be truly surprised, because this is so bad for business. Wal-Mart hasn't had an exclusive though if my mind serves correct since Thanos early last year, so maybe Hasbro was giving one last shot, since at least for me I never saw that Thanos more then once and only one and that was months after it came out

I hope you're right and this is some sort of last chance for them, because I never saw the Luke and Claire 2 pack on shelves and I saw that Thanos one time at the beginning of its run and that was it.    

5 hours ago, tarot said:

yeah let stop hasbro giving one of the few stores that still get legends to sell, exclusives. that's a smart idea. /end sarcasm.

Be as sarcastic as you want you also must be ignorant. What good is a store that can’t stock the shelves or fulfill preorders?? What’s the point in keeping the status quo when if this wasn’t a Walmart exclusive you would be able to at the very least get it from a online dealer for a decent price, instead of almost if not double the money.  But yeah your snarky comment makes total sense. Btw that last sentence was sarcasm. 

1 hour ago, lastchanceharvey said:

Be as sarcastic as you want you also must be ignorant. What good is a store that can’t stock the shelves or fulfill preorders?? What’s the point in keeping the status quo when if this wasn’t a Walmart exclusive you would be able to at the very least get it from a online dealer for a decent price, instead of almost if not double the money.  But yeah your snarky comment makes total sense. Btw that last sentence was sarcasm. 

I think the other point he is trying to make is that even if people complain, Wal-Mart isn’t going to stop getting exclusives.  Pop! collectors have been lighting torches and grabbing pitchforks for years asking Funko to stop giving them exclusives.  Wal-Mart still gets them and still botches them.  The only difference is that now those exclusives also pop up eventually on the Funko shop site.  I imagine that something similar will happen down the road as Hasbro figures out how Pulse fits into this equation, but I wouldn’t count out the “fan channels” since they seem to be getting a lot of these “store exclusives” in and are selling them at retail if not only slightly above.

Plain and simple. Walmart sucks. In my area only one walmart carries them and is always sold out right away. Three other ones don't carry them at all. That I do not understand at all. I am not a big on line shopper and after this screw up I am even less likely to start. With all the stores closing for good it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see walmart take a dive as well.  

3 hours ago, MIKE said:

Plain and simple. Walmart sucks. In my area only one walmart carries them and is always sold out right away. Three other ones don't carry them at all. That I do not understand at all. I am not a big on line shopper and after this screw up I am even less likely to start. With all the stores closing for good it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see walmart take a dive as well.  

Not only that but their loss prevention program sucks.  Every time I go into mine there are figure swaps galore and stolen BAF pieces everywhere.

22 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Not only that but their loss prevention program sucks.  Every time I go into mine there are figure swaps galore and stolen BAF pieces everywhere.

Same here. I found one on the peg with a beat up thunder cat figure in marvel legends box. How can they not tell.

57 minutes ago, MIKE said:

Same here. I found one on the peg with a beat up thunder cat figure in marvel legends box. How can they not tell.

It’s probably not worth the battle for them honestly.  The employees aren’t trained to catch it, and the customer could claim they bought it like that.  It’s a shame.  Every time I see one I point it out to the manager and then get strange looks either like I don’t know what I am talking about or I am the one who did the swap (just to be clear, I’m not...).

Mine arrived yesterday and I looked online and had 4 processing charges showing up on my debit card which means they hadn't actually taken the money from the account but of course that money was frozen so I couldn't access it either. Today I have one actual charge and still showing two processing charges, the fourth one dropped off. I am waiting to see if the remaining 2 processing charges drop off by tomorrow before I contact Walmart again, but this whole fiasco has been ridiculous. Its a good thing I didnt have an intimidate need for the almost $200 worth they froze up in my account with these multiple processing charges.