What was your First Marvel legend?

leokearon

ToyBiz Punisher series 7 maybe?  I got super lucky and found him at my local Wal-Mart.  Ended up grabbing Ultimate Cap and numerous others after that.  Punisher still sits at my desk at work though.  Traveled with me to college and all over the place.  Probably still one of my top 5 favorite figures of all time.  

Toybiz Man-Thing was the first, At that point in time I was completely not interested in collecting super hero figures anymore, inless they were symbiotes or villains, and had dedicated myself to solely horror and retro figures, but that Man-Thing was too amazing to pass up so I grabbed it. I also didn't ever really like Toybiz Legends, I thought they looked generally goofy and poorly constructed for the most part I was a Select's buyer I had that Select Dr. Doom (first Select), I remember my second Legend being Vengeance, and my Third being Blackheart , there were a few Legends I wanted but never got from that time, but prices and availability sucked so I passed. I never bought another ToyBiz Legend after that and didn't get back to legends until Amazing Spider-Man Green Goblin wave

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Toybiz Man-Thing was the first, At that point in time I was completely not interested in collecting super hero figures anymore, inless they were symbiotes or villains, and had dedicated myself to solely horror and retro figures, but that Man-Thing was too amazing to pass up so I grabbed it. I also didn't ever really like Toybiz Legends, I thought they looked generally goofy and poorly constructed for the most part I was a Select's buyer I had that Select Dr. Doom (first Select), I remember my second Legend being Vengeance, and my Third being Blackheart , there were a few Legends I wanted but never got from that time, but prices and availability sucked so I passed. I never bought another ToyBiz Legend after that and didn't get back to legends until Amazing Spider-Man Green Goblin wave

The early Selects really were gorgeous.  I had the Hawkeye that came with the Ant-Man on one of the arrows.  To this day it was one of the coolest accessories I’ve ever had with a figure.

A friend picked up the Juggernaut-wave Rogue and Kitty Pryde figures from some clearance bin for me, because I had been lamenting all my old 90s Toy Biz X-Men figures being handed down to my little brothers (who subsequently lost or broke them all). It took a year or so from there for me to fall in hard, but now I have every X-Men and Deadpool figure starting with that Juggernaut wave.

9 minutes ago, Benn said:

A friend picked up the Juggernaut-wave Rogue and Kitty Pryde figures from some clearance bin for me, because I had been lamenting all my old 90s Toy Biz X-Men figures being handed down to my little brothers (who subsequently lost or broke them all). It took a year or so from there for me to fall in hard, but now I have every X-Men and Deadpool figure starting with that Juggernaut wave.

That’s an awesome X-collection!  There are a few I have skipped here and there but my collection looks pretty similar to that.  This heat is going to hit our wallets hard!

34 minutes ago, americamgl said:

Toybiz Omega Red, then Toybiz Bishop. Those were the ones that started the madness...

Sauron was a must have for me, but I passed on building Sasquatch.  Although at this point I would only be missing the pieces from X-23 and Paladin (if I hadn’t traded most of them away) since I bought the rest of the wave.  Some one on here posted a Mad Cap head on a Paladin body and now I am really debating on picking one up just for that...

4 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

You aren’t kidding.  The articulation on the old one is awful by even standards back then. We still have some unannounced figures in the vintage wave, maybe we will get lucky.

Yeah, the ads were boasting over 20 points of articulation and then you have the Toad with around 10. Never touched him

First figures were from the Groot BAF wave.  I was a big fan of the GotG comic and was so pumped up for the movie that when i saw the toys on the shelves i had to get them. Think i got Drax, Star-lord, Gamora, and Rocket in that 1st purchase and got Nova and the space-armor Iron Man later to finish Groot. 

The Drax and Nova figures have probably held up best from that wave, the rest were replaced by improved versions when GotG 2 came out (well, except space-armor Iron Man).

Feels like Hasbro has only gotten better since then, not only in terms of mcu figs but the comic figs as well.

23 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

First figures were from the Groot BAF wave.  I was a big fan of the GotG comic and was so pumped up for the movie that when i saw the toys on the shelves i had to get them. Think i got Drax, Star-lord, Gamora, and Rocket in that 1st purchase and got Nova and the space-armor Iron Man later to finish Groot. 

The Drax and Nova figures have probably held up best from that wave, the rest were replaced by improved versions when GotG 2 came out (well, except space-armor Iron Man).

Feels like Hasbro has only gotten better since then, not only in terms of mcu figs but the comic figs as well.

Hasbro has even improved in the materials they used.  My Nova has a permanent warped elbow and my Iron Man was super gummy due to that weird rubbery plastic they used to use.  Iceman was also made in that same plastic I think.

I cant remember too well I think the first real Marvel Legends figure I got was Toybiz Wave 1 Cap and or Ironman (I had both of them, I cant remember which one I bought first or if I bought them together)
I do remember my first Toybiz (ML type figure) I got was the Symbiote Spiderman from the Spiderman Classics line that preceded the Marvel Legends, I later found the regular suit spiderman but Symbiote SM was my first figure from this line

7 hours ago, jdgi said:

I started in 2009, hunting down the ToyBiz Legends, the first one was Cyclops from the Sentinel BAF wave, 10 years later, I’m pretty happy with my collection and have replaced almost every old figure with their Hasbro counterpart.

I've been doing the exact same thing.  A lot of them are major upgrades, but some have been tough to actually sell for personal connection sake.  I ended up selling my ToyBiz Beast in a lot on ebay to fund my purchase of the Caliban wave one, but I still miss that figure. 

29 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I've been doing the exact same thing.  A lot of them are major upgrades, but some have been tough to actually sell for personal connection sake.  I ended up selling my ToyBiz Beast in a lot on ebay to fund my purchase of the Caliban wave one, but I still miss that figure. 

I LOVE the toy biz beast and just moved him from one display to my desk (where just a few figures reside) I'm super excited for the new one but I will always love the original. Now if they would just do an Avengers ERA Beast like Perez drew him...I'd be a happy man!!