Favorite BAF?

hisDUDENESS9829

Just now, Starlord67 said:

I may be in the minority but I like puck. Now he is a bit small to go with the new Sasquatch and Gaurdian....but I like him. 

I fully believe they will round out Alpha Flight over the next couple of years.  It is totally in the realm of possibilities that we could get a Puck redo provided they pursue finishing the team.

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I thought the Puck they came up with has an unusually small head (granted I only have the head and not the rest of the BAF parts). I'm afraid when Hasbro does come out with a new Puck, it'll have the same articulation as Spider-Ham.

My current Puck is a 3.75" Executioner. LOL

I honestly didn’t even consider that.  What a complete waste it would be if he couldn’t get into that “Cannonball” pose.

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Puck would have to come with two BAF parts if he's in a wave: the torso and the head.

If Hasbro doesn't want to do a Puck figure as part of a wave, perhaps they can do a 3-pack a la the Thor/Groot/Rocket Infinity War set. Do a NorthStar/Aurora/Puck and maybe include Snowbird's Owl form.

Any way to get Alpha Flight I support!  I'd like the following characters

Snowbird

Shaman

Aurora

North star

Marrina

Heather as Gaurdian/ Vindicator

BAF: BOX

I know that's female heavy but with Gaurdian and Sasquatch already being made it cuts down on the gents.  

(I'm going to repost this in the build a wave thread.)

On 4/11/2019 at 3:45 PM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

I don't have sp//dr but all of the reviews I have seen praise his poseability.  Is it the design or size you don't dig?

Neither, really, it's just that I don't care about the character at all.  It's a good figure, just not one I had any real desire to see in plastic form.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:19 PM, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

One of my biggest face palm moments as an early legends Collector was only picking up the Beta Ray Bill from the MODOK wave because I thought I didn’t want to build him. Now I have the base in my build a figure bag taunting me every time I open it.  

I don’t own it, but I can’t believe no one has said Kingpin yet.  He looks amazing.

Yeah, Kingpin is my favorite. I feel he is the best BAF they have done so far. He is just great and awesome and so is Juggernaut. I probably would of bypassed this past Spiderman wave if it was not for Kingpin. But I feel the best is yet to come. I imagine if they do Strong Guy really well, he will be another great BAF.

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

They really are taking their sweet time with that Strong Guy. I mean who was asking for a honking Caliban, a Wendigo, a Warlock (though he was a nice surprise, imo), etc.

actually I am personally so wanting that Caliban, and have wanted a Wendigo forever.

I don't care one bit for a big fat dude in a suit (Kingpin) , anyone wants my BAF peices for Kingpin i'd gladly trade (I have both Arms and both Legs and don't care about ever building a civilian fat mobster)

12 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

They really are taking their sweet time with that Strong Guy. I mean who was asking for a honking Caliban, a Wendigo, a Warlock (though he was a nice surprise, imo), etc.

Caliban was an easy one to do since he's mostly repainted parts, and he fits squarely in that 90's nostalgia zone we're currently in.  Of course, so does Strong Guy, but bluntly I think Strong Guy is even more obscure than those other characters.  And there's probably the question of which design to go with, because a more normal-proportioned one would likely be easier to do, but a normal-legs/huge torso and arms likely "feels" more faithful to most folks.

This is a tough one as I've really liked some of the BAFs over the past few years.

For 2018, I gotta give it to Sauron altho Monster Venom was great.  Probably Sasquatch 3rd,  Lizard 4th, Apocalypse 5th.  All very good BAFs imo.

For 2017, I'd go with Gladiator Hulk, with Sandman a close 2nd due to his cool arms/hands.   altho Man-Thing and Warlock were both unexpected and great.  And i've grown to love the Titus BAF too.  Another great year for BAFs.

For 2016, its a toss up for me between mcu Giant Man and Dormammu although i'd probably give the edge to Dormammu. I also liked Abomination, and , to a lesser extent,  Absorbing Man.

For 2015, I only have Odin and Groot.  gotta go with Odin since the later  Groot re-release is at least as good as the BAF.

Given the above, I think I gotta go with Sauron as the best BAF.  Not my favorite character by any means, but such a cool figure.  Hope they imitate his wing design to come up with a revamped Annihilus figure at some point.

The only BAF i've built for 2019 is M'Baku.  Not gonna bother with Kingpin, Kree Sentry, Armored Thanos, or Caliban... for each of these either the BAF itself doesn't do much for me or the character selection in the wave doesn't appeal to me enough.   So mostly cherry picking waves so far in 2019, which seems to be working out. 

Man this is a tough question!! I never had any of the toybiz ones. Juggernaut is sick, and funny how so many reviewers complained about it, but it is still pricey to complete these days. Apocalypse is stunning, I love the colors they used. That blue, and then the black with that green/blue iridescence, it’s just phenomenal! I still love my Monster Venom! Rhino and Sauron is so Awesome too! I just got the KingPin wave in the mail! And I’m looking at the Man Thing wave! Such a tough decision....  Tie - Juggernaut and Apocalypse!

11 hours ago, Podtera said:

Man this is a tough question!! I never had any of the toybiz ones. Juggernaut is sick, and funny how so many reviewers complained about it, but it is still pricey to complete these days. Apocalypse is stunning, I love the colors they used. That blue, and then the black with that green/blue iridescence, it’s just phenomenal! I still love my Monster Venom! Rhino and Sauron is so Awesome too! I just got the KingPin wave in the mail! And I’m looking at the Man Thing wave! Such a tough decision....  Tie - Juggernaut and Apocalypse!

I have for so long wished I completed that Man-Thing, such a great BAF, and one of my favorite Marvel Characters at that (and I own the Toybiz version, which I thought for so long was good enough, but feel otherwise now) but it was such a lacking wave in my mind, I however would at this point just buy all of the figures I don't have for that BAF , Lizard and Monster Venom are for sure my second and third fav BAFs at this point with Sasquatch being 4th

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I have for so long wished I completed that Man-Thing, such a great BAF, and one of my favorite Marvel Characters at that (and I own the Toybiz version, which I thought for so long was good enough, but feel otherwise now) but it was such a lacking wave in my mind, I however would at this point just buy all of the figures I don't have for that BAF , Lizard and Monster Venom are for sure my second and third fav BAFs at this point with Sasquatch being 4th

Yeah I wasn’t very excited about the Man Thing wave when it first came out. But I watched some reviews and I love that figure now! As far as the figs in that wave, I really like the Bullseye and I don’t have a Daredevil, so that could fill some holes in my collection. The punisher I would probably use for a Thunderbolts team, as for the rest I would probably repurpose them. I like the Sasquatch baf, but I only have a few pieces. I got the more exprnsive figures out of the way. Now I can get the rest for cheap. I think the Lizard baf is underated! I helped my nephews complete him, now I’m working on my own. I would like to modify it a bit. I saw a customizer that put a magnet in the tongue so it had a bit of articulation. I’m very excited for the Wendigo 

On 4/17/2019 at 5:27 AM, Jmacq1 said:

Caliban was an easy one to do since he's mostly repainted parts, and he fits squarely in that 90's nostalgia zone we're currently in.  Of course, so does Strong Guy, but bluntly I think Strong Guy is even more obscure than those other characters.  And there's probably the question of which design to go with, because a more normal-proportioned one would likely be easier to do, but a normal-legs/huge torso and arms likely "feels" more faithful to most folks.

Yea but think about it, for all the "wins" we get for individual figures for this year, we get two easy (read: lazy) BAFs: Caliban and Wendigo (aka repainted Sasquatch). Hasbro knows these waves will sell even with these BAFs and I guess that's why they can go the lazy route.

The Wendigo seems really lazy to me, but I'm one of the few who's pretty stoked for Caliban. Wendigo also doesn't really feel unjustifiably lazy to me, since it's a relatively major character (more like entity, I guess) that legitimately does look nearly identical to Sasquatch in the books. Skullbuster seems way lazier in a way.

And, to be fair, the X-Men BAFs have all been awesome since Juggernaut, and most are some of the top-tier BAFs around. Juggernaut, Warlock, and Apocalypse are all incredible, as are Sasquatch and Sauron. Sasquatch is my least favourite, but only because I don't care as much about the character; the figure's undeniably sweet. So, I don't mind Hasbro being a little lazier with them this year, in light of all the phenomenal and much-requested individual figures.