Favorite BAF?

hisDUDENESS9829

Read some comments elsewhere online that suggest Caliban isn't made with as many re-used parts as one might think at first glance, but don't know how reliable those reports are.  Anybody got him yet?

Agree about Wendigo, at first glance I was annoyed that he re-uses some Sasquatch pieces, but ultimately it makes sense that that would be the case.  If he ends up being the BAF for the X-Force wave, I'll be pretty happy (seems weird that Hasbro is being coy about where Wendigo, though ).

I would have to agree that overall the x-waves probably have the best track record for BAFs in recent years, although i think the Spidey-waves  have generally provided nice BAFs as well.  The mcu waves are the ones most likely to have a BAF that i would've preferred to get as a single carded figure., although i'm happy they allowed us to get characters like gladiator hulk, cull obsidian, and man-thing, among others

• 1 month later...

I may be in the minority on this, but for me, it would have to be  the Hasbro Apocalypse. It was the first BAF I had ever completed. Apocalypse is my second, close-to-number-one favorite villain. What Hasbro did was amazing. My biggest gripes were that I had to waste money on Gladiator and that Punk Rock Storm, as well as not having enough accessories, but the latter was justified by Hasbro themselves.

So far, I would have to go with Arnim Zola, I'm a big Captain America fan so I was happy to get him. The fact that a character like Zola got made, the fact that it was a brand new sculpt from the ground up and that beautiful Kirby design just puts it on the top for me. I'm in the process of building others so maybe one day I'll change my mind but so far I would have to give it to Zola. 

2 hours ago, Hogun said:

I may be in the minority on this, but for me, it would have to be  the Hasbro Apocalypse. It was the first BAF I had ever completed. Apocalypse is my second, close-to-number-one favorite villain. What Hasbro did was amazing. My biggest gripes were that I had to waste money on Gladiator and that Punk Rock Storm, as well as not having enough accessories, but the latter was justified by Hasbro themselves.

No, totally with you (except punk Storm is awesome), Apocalypse is my favourite.

I don't even like Apocalypse as a character but I agree he's one of the best BAFs of the past few years. People seem to hate that he's not gigantic like the old Toybiz figure, but he's not always that big!

Sauron should be up there too, but I still haven't finished him lol I can't justify buying Lady Wolverine for full price (I got the waste-of-space Deadpools from that wave at discount).

All that said, Hasbro has got to improve their character selection for the X-men BAFs. I thought their Juggernaut was weak (Select was better). I appreciated getting a Doug/Warlock figure. Ditto Sasquatch but not top priority. Caliban and Wendigo are meh.

Hopefully SDCC brings us Strong Guy.

They're almost 50/50 on X-Men BAF-selection, aren't they? Juggernaut, Apocalypse, and Sauron were all very popular, top-tier picks. Warlock, Sasquatch, Caliban, and Wendigo are all a little more suspect, though I personally really appreciated Warlock and Caliban.

I'm not sure who else they have left that would garner universal appeal, either. I know Strong Guy and Nimrod have their fans, but I feel like the only really big-name winners left would be Blob or Mojo redos.

Oh, no doubt there're a lot of great options for X-Men BAFs; just not many relatively iconic picks left. Armor is definitely high on my list, and I also think Sugar Man, a brood, a phalanx (maybe Cameron Hodge), and that ice golem thing (from the future Brotherhood in Battle of the Atom) would all be cool, but I think a lot of people would disagree with some or all of those choices.

Hasbro Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Lizard, Sauron, and MCU Giant Man. I just got the Professor Hulk wave but haven’t opened it yet, and I really dig the facial print and apps on the body - so it may place in there later on. 

Like many have said, I’d love to see Strong Guy. I feel Guido is a given, especially with this vintage themed X-wave and the general 90s trend; who doesn’t remember that ridiculous but awesome figure from the 90s?! 

I’d also like to see Bonebreaker, and I figure he’s coming since they’ve already started the Reavers. I figure he could easily be a BaF, and yet another cool blast of 90s vapor wave tainted nostalgia. 

On 6/12/2019 at 2:26 PM, MadMav said:

Toybiz Sentinel by far. Still the best Ml fig ever made IMO. My favorite Hasbro BAF is Sauron so far.

Agreed, the original Toy Biz Sentinel holds that for me too.  So detailed and imposing, even after all this time.  He's still on display right now next to some 1/4 scale NECA figs.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:13 AM, bashpics99 said:

Read some comments elsewhere online that suggest Caliban isn't made with as many re-used parts as one might think at first glance, but don't know how reliable those reports are.  Anybody got him yet?

Not sure myself, having the figure in hand, I can't place any of the parts.  The upper torso I thought for sure would be Monster Venom, but it isn't.  I don't have a Spaceknight Venom, but I'd imagine that any reuse comes from him, maybe Titus.