Who needs to be "Re-done" the most??

Starlord67

8 hours ago, mako said:

Not sure you get the point I was making. Blue and Orange, Blue and Yellow, Silver and Gold, Electric Pink and Plaid; it doesn't matter. It's silly to do a whole other figure just for a color difference.

And the point I was making is that Blue and Orange seems to be the preferred color way, so there's no need to do a whole other figure.

20 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

THIS! I prefer accurate representation of heights as well. I feel Omega red is to be bigger than SABERTOOTH (though I don't have actual heights) 

I'm picky about the way Storm is drawn. She is a tall regal woman..yet often she is drawn the same height as Jean Grey who originally was drawn shorter.

To me artists these days just take over a book with the attitude of changing everyone's costumes and making their "mark" on the book for the short time they are there. 

Ok..rant over.

Omega Red is 6'11, so yeah, he's supposed to be bigger than Creed.  OR is a visually cool looking character but I've just never liked him & therefore, have no need to buy the figure. He's a mutant with some death aura & carbonadium whips that shoot outta his forearms & is a expert in hand to hand combat, yet, always seems to always be getting beaten pretty easy by whomever he fights

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Omega Red is 6'11, so yeah, he's supposed to be bigger than Creed.  OR is a visually cool looking character but I've just never liked him & therefore, have no need to buy the figure. He's a mutant with some death aura & carbonadium whips that shoot outta his forearms & is a expert in hand to hand combat, yet, always seems to always be getting beaten pretty easy by whomever he fights

I always felt like he was incredibly imposing.  Genuinely terrifying in his first few appearances.  After all, comic book villains are really only there to present a threat for a certain period of time before the good guys prevail.  Even if they do kill someone, it’s very rarely permanent.

Red for me leaves a mark because he was one of my favorite 90s ToyBiz toys and he was definitely on the larger side there.  

19 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

Regarding Omega Red...I have always liked him and always felt he should be the "DEATH" Horseman for apocalypse. I think he is visually appealing but its true...he's beaten to easy. 

If I remember correctly though it was usually due to the fact that he was outsmarted.  It was rarely a feat of "power vs. power" that he was defeated.  

On 4/13/2019 at 7:50 AM, Gmen4ever said:

Why  is the Sabertooth fig "small"? It's on  the correct buck that represents all characters in the 6'4-6'5'6'6 hgt. Sabretooth is 6'6 not 7'6. That's why I hate when artists take artistic license with the established hgt of a character & draw him bigger than they actually are, cuz then you have the "Oohh, I want a figure of him that big" crowd chime in. 

Latest 90s Jim Lee Sabes is perfect as is., only thing I wanted that they didn't do is give him alternate open/closed fist hands & alternate 'snarling" head.

They dropped the ball on Beast by not giving him a closed mouth head & now he is perpetually in a snarl pose 24/7. Hasbro needs to start making all figs with alternate head sculpts & open/closed hands.  Hasbro should make a pack full of nothing but extra alternate head sculpts of figures that need it. Say a 10 pack for $49. 

The next Banshee they make better come with both a closed mouth head & screaming head sculpt.

I should have clarified, I think Sabretooth should be a bit buffer, not taller.  Plus I’d like him to have the butterfly joints as well. My bad on the confusion

16 hours ago, Podtera said:

I should have clarified, I think Sabretooth should be a bit buffer, not taller.  Plus I’d like him to have the butterfly joints as well. My bad on the confusion

That I can agree on. I wonder why can't Hasbro use the MOTU bucks to make certain characters such as Herc more beefier but still in the correct hgt scale.

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

Probably because MOTU is owned by Mattel (and sub-licensed to Super 7), not Hasbro.

My bad, thought it belonged to Hasbro. Then Hasbro needs to get cooking on a new buffer body buck that still maintains the same scale as the newer Herc buck. It would be perfect for a classic Thanos who is a character with  great mass but not hgt.  classic comic Thanos is 6'7 900lbs.  In the fight with Champion who's listed as being 10ft tall, Thanos is nowhere in the 8+ft scale that artists now depict him as. It took the damn MCU to scale him up & of course the comics have to always follow suit with what the movies do.  The SOTA street fighter Bison figure is the perfect buck for a classic Thanos figure.

Thanos statue classic version.jpg

Thanos vs Cap.jpg

Thanos vs Champion 1.jpg

Thanos with cosmic cube.jpg

Thanos with Doctor Strange, Warlock & Surfer.jpg

Bison5-S1.jpg

6 hours ago, mako said:

For who?

I don't get what your posts are about.

You said it doesn't matter what colour they go for Jean's costume: blue and yellow; blue and orange. You even called it silly to have a whole other figure just for an artist's interpretation of the costume.

I then said the preferred color for Jean Grey, of the three people on this board who have expressed an opinion on the matter, is blue and orange.

Do you want multiple color ways or not? Because three of us would be happy with blue and orange.

18 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

The comic-Thanos BAF is broad but not nearly as tall as many BAFs.  Not even as tall as the Hulk that came in the wave to build him.

Still near 8' scale, 7' scale woulda been perfect. A classic Starlin/Lim Thanos needs to be 7' scale max. Thanos was never a giant in the comics until the typical artistic freedom took over & the MCU also made him a giant along with the Hulk  was a 7 footer until artists started drawing him gigantor sized in the late 90s. In his 1st app Grey look, he was 6'6.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hulk318.jpg

20 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, cuz being a 7 footer isn't big enough. Heck, let's hope the Marvel artists start drawing Hulk, Thanos & Juggs as 12 footers. 

Or some gets the 12 inch Marvel Legends Hulk and puts it next to the 6 inch Marvel Legends and says "now the Hulk is to scale"

32 minutes ago, mako said:

I think YOU seem to like bigger characters. Try not to speak for all of us.

Preach bro! It seems some people can't comprehend that many of us ML collectors want our favorite superheroes/villians in the correct comic listed hgts in relationship to one another.  Just cause some artists are allowed by their writer to take artistic license with some characters & draw them outta proportion to their listed hgts, does not mean they should be made that way in figure form. Juggs was always listed as being 6'10, 900lbs (Cuz that isn't big enough) then certain artists draw him gigantic & now he's a 9 footer that weighs 1 ton. Same goes for the Hulk. Rhino is another character that is listed as 6'5 710lbs  but artists draw him gigantic looking. I mean WTF is this? A Sentinel sized Rhino? Artistic license taken way overboard. The last pic of Rhino with his buds is a perfect version of what he should look like in scale as a 6'5 character. He shouldn't be towering over them by 2 feet! Hasbro needs to start creating bucks for characters that are beefier in mass such as Rhino/Thanos. They made the perfect buck for Doc Ock  who does not have a body builder physique.

rhino-a-500.jpg

Rhinoback.jpg

Rhino vs Spidey.jpg

Rhino with other villians.jpg

2 hours ago, mako said:

I think YOU seem to like bigger characters. Try not to speak for all of us.

I didn't try to speak for you or anyone else in specific.  Just the rather large multitude of people that drool over things like the Marvel Select Juggy, or Thanos, or Rhino, or Colossus, or whoever, to the point that they will refuse to "update" even when something "closer to the official Marvel Universe listings" comes up.  But sure, pretend like you and Gmen4ever speak for all of those folks, yourself.

37 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Preach bro! It seems some people can't comprehend that many of us ML collectors want our favorite superheroes/villians in the correct comic listed hgts in relationship to one another.  Just cause some artists are allowed by their writer to take artistic license with some characters & draw them outta proportion to their listed hgts, does not mean they should be made that way in figure form. Juggs was always listed as being 6'10, 900lbs (Cuz that isn't big enough) then certain artists draw him gigantic & now he's a 9 footer that weighs 1 ton. Same goes for the Hulk. Rhino is another character that is listed as 6'5 710lbs  but artists draw him gigantic looking. I mean WTF is this? A Sentinel sized Rhino? Artistic license taken way overboard. The last pic of Rhino with his buds is a perfect version of what he should look like in scale as a 6'5 character. He shouldn't be towering over them by 2 feet! Hasbro needs to start creating bucks for characters that are beefier in mass such as Rhino/Thanos. They made the perfect buck for Doc Ock  who does not have a body builder physique.

rhino-a-500.jpg

Rhinoback.jpg

Rhino vs Spidey.jpg

Rhino with other villians.jpg

Marvel was pretty consistent about this stuff until the Image era/Shooter ending his tenure as EIC.  What you don't seem to want to "comprehend" is that a whole lot of people have spent the last 20-25 years growing up with the more stylized "artistic license" versions of these characters in their comics.  And they buy toys too.

You have every right to want what you want, to be absolutely clear.  I even hope that you get it someday (and would probably buy some/most of them myself).  But unless Herc is a sign of things to come it doesn't seem to be the direction Hasbro wants to go in, especially when it means remolding a whole bunch of characters that were already pretty recently done.

I think you hit the nail on the head pertaining to Shooter leaving Marvel as EIC. He more than likely would not have approved these artists going crazy with all those size/hgt alterations that post EICs allowed them to do.  Manbun Herc is done & outta the way, I highly doubt he will be one & done. Classic Herc can be done in future Avengers waves, vintage waves or 80th anniv waves. 

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

You have every right to want what you want, to be absolutely clear.  I even hope that you get it someday (and would probably buy some/most of them myself).  But unless Herc is a sign of things to come it doesn't seem to be the direction Hasbro wants to go in, especially when it means remolding a whole bunch of characters that were already pretty recently done.

Yeah, I mean it's pretty clear Hasbro really doesn't give a rat's @$$ about the heights, so I don't even know why that notion is being entertained. The heights are so variable that I doubt they se it as a big deal.