Who needs to be "Re-done" the most??

Starlord67

I started a similar topic, just in regards to "Vintage" waves. But, my choices here will be different because who enjoys reruns?

Viper - She needs a whole bunch of new! Face, body and weapons would be needed to correct her earlier fig.

Daredevil - Butterfly joints ftw! And I wouldn't mind one of those handplant hands, like they just did with Beast.

Jigsaw - Pretty sure the only way he's getting released will be via exclusive. Far too traumatizing for the toy aisle 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, Jmacq1 said:

The comic-Thanos BAF is broad but not nearly as tall as many BAFs.  Not even as tall as the Hulk that came in the wave to build him.

That's modern comic based Thanos, I want Hasbro to do a classic Bronze age 70s-90s Starlin/Lim version on a broad buck that is no bigger than 6.5-7' tall. He would not need double joints on his arms or legs due to being the correct thickness. Again at 6'7 900lbs,  Classic Thanos is massively muscled, not super tall. 

Thanos statue classic version.jpg

Thanos vs Cap 2.jpg

Thanos vs Cap.jpg

Thanos vs Spidey and Thing.png

Thanos vs Thing and Thor.jpg

• 5 months later...

Derpy eyed Misty Knight, who really should have more of her bionic arm showing, and Captain Marvel.

Guardian had a very sloppy paint job and why they gave him that grumpy face, I'll never know.

A number of female figures are on a body buck that is just too skinny. Its right for Songbird, not for others. Storm is not skinny! Longing for the days of Rogue and Ms. Marvel.

A NUMBER of the Iron Man figures are either too small, too skinny, or otherwise not in any kind of normal scale. And can we seriously get an Armored figure some carbonization up in here?

The Human Torch does NOT have a yellow head, nor does his body buck have to be that large. Invisible Woman needs a translucent figure.

The Vision....keep the colours as they did in the "vintage" release, but make the buck bigger. Add the ear cups. Get rid of the "painted" on belt; the belt used for Adam Warlock/ Night Thrasher shows they can make larger belts that don't have to be painted on. His boots and gloves end in a point; painting those makes it look so cheap (they showed us they can do different boots, just look at Shatterstar). His cape is supposed to have a cord under his collar (like Taskmaster's, minus the big circular buttons/clasps).

Rant over.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, Starlord67 said:

I'd love to see a few more AOA designs be made...I love that story line! ..... A new SABERTOOTH would be nice with Wild child on a chain. Storm had a cool AOA design as well....

Well looks like you can cross that Wildchild off your list, along with anyone who wanted Crossbones or an AOA Sunfire! Just announced new versions today.

I think Rogue and Psylocke need to be redone the most. Those two are really high in price nowadays even though in my opinion the figures themselves are not that great. There’s definitely room for improvement. It’s been a while since we’ve had a Rogue so that seems the most likely being redone. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new Psylocke based on Marc Silvestri’s run on X-men. There are different costumes for both Rogue and Psylocke that Hasbro can try out, but I don’t think anyone would be mad if they keep improving their take on Jim Lee’s style costumes of them.

Just now, IsaiahWayne said:

I think Rogue and Psylocke need to be redone the most. Those two are really high in price nowadays even though in my opinion the figures themselves are not that great. There’s definitely room for improvement. It’s been a while since we’ve had a Rogue so that seems the most likely being redone. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new Psylocke based on Marc Silvestri’s run on X-men. There are different costumes for both Rogue and Psylocke that Hasbro can try out, but I don’t think anyone would be mad if they keep improving their take on Jim Lee’s style costumes of them.

I think (hope) Rogue will see some sort of rerelease with an improvement to her head. 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, Gmen4ever said:

That's modern comic based Thanos, I want Hasbro to do a classic Bronze age 70s-90s Starlin/Lim version on a broad buck that is no bigger than 6.5-7' tall. He would not need double joints on his arms or legs due to being the correct thickness. Again at 6'7 900lbs,  Classic Thanos is massively muscled, not super tall. 

Thanos statue classic version.jpg

Thanos vs Cap 2.jpg

Thanos vs Cap.jpg

Thanos vs Spidey and Thing.png

Thanos vs Thing and Thor.jpg

This version of Thanos on the Caliban buck or even omega red would be super dope! Something with good articulation. 

5 hours ago, IsaiahWayne said:

they're at the top for sure,they would sell really well and give the fans another shot at getting them

40 minutes ago, IsaiahWayne said:

Silver Surfer needs to be redone. He’s not going to be in the new Fantastic Four wave so maybe they will come out with a Silver Surfer and huge Galactus figure. We need an updated Galactus too so this is a golden opportunity  for Hasbro to come out with this pack to go along with the FF wave.

I love the Walgreen's one, though I wish he came with different heads like Nightcrawler did. I still think a huge Galactus would be considered for a Haslab project before a mass retail item. That would be a pretty penny.

9 minutes ago, RAMCAT said:

I love the Walgreen's one, though I wish he came with different heads like Nightcrawler did. I still think a huge Galactus would be considered for a Haslab project before a mass retail item. That would be a pretty penny.

I was thinking it could be like the Wolverine and Sentinel set but Galactus would probably be bigger and more detailed than the Sentinel so if they do a Haslab I would definitely support it. I’d like it to be 16-19 inches.

1. THANOS (Classic, IG version).

1. Classic Wasp (W/ Helmet, finish Original Classic Avengers)

1. Wolverine (Astonishing, Avenger Team).

1. Classic Beta Ray Bill - (One of my FAVORITE character designs).

1. Emma Frost (The White Queen) .

1. Spider-Hulk (A figure almost every collector would get).

1. Classic Spider-man (Sunfire mold, when Spider-Man is drawn a little muscular/ lighter blue).

1. Falcon ( hopefully on the Sunfire mold).

1. Classic Dr. Strange (Defenders / Avengers).

1. Skurge the Executioner (Comic version).

1. Warriors Three! 

1. Nova ( Galactus Herald ) not Richard Rider. 

Side-note: I'd love to see a revision of Odin, something more Odin, Bigger, Wider (painted accurately).

16 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

I think a reissue of the walgreens surfer would do, they pretty much nailed it, it just needs to be released again for those who missed it

Absolutely. I missed it and now it’s super expensive. I’m hoping for a reissue. And  it would be nice to have an updated Galactus along with it.

4 hours ago, mako said:

One of my few "must-haves" as far as redoes has to be Comic Falcon. The last one we got was 160 years ago, and was HIDEOUS (for some reason it always reminds me of the nursing home ghost from the film Unborn)..

I'm shocked they haven't done him yet. Anthony Mackie did great things for the character (one of the few things in the MCU I can't complain about), and he had a lead spot on the last Avengers cartoon for years.

Maybe with the new show coming out, we'll finally see him get plastic. Who knows, that new Comic Winter Soldier could be a good sign.

A comic falcon would be nice to see and as you said Comic Winter Soldier is a good sign

36 minutes ago, mako said:

Here's hoping. Ideally, I want a modern version, but a classic version would be excellent if they could work it into a Retro wave.

Personally I would prefer the hard light costume from the  00's. But any comic version would be fine (except first appearance)