Who needs to be "Re-done" the most??

Starlord67

Great topic!

We were just talking about Toad, and with the new Magneto coming out, my “Pryde of the X-Men” villain display would only be missing a Blob.

Next would be Mojo.  I loved that two-parter from the X-Men animated series and he would make a fantastic addition to my villains.

My third would also be Lady Deathstrike.  For such a prominent Wolverine and X-Men villain in the 90s it is utterly shocking that we have not gotten a new version of her through Hasbro’s entire reign.

EDIT: Would also love a Blob

Angel, Archangel (X-Force), Banshee, Beast (Astonishing), Blob, Brood Queen, Cyclops (Astonishing), Daken (Wolverine), Danger, Emma Frost, Fantomex, Havok (original), Hope Summers, Iceman (90s), Jean Grey, Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Mojo, Nemesis, Psylocke (X-Force), Pyro, Rachel Grey, Spiral, Storm (90s), Toad, Warpath, Wolverine (Astonishing), Wolverine (X-Force), Xorn. Right now, my money's on Storm and Lady Deathstrike being the last two figures in this year's X-Men vintage wave, though, so that could be two down.

My top 3, probably aren't anybody else's, but here goes:

1. Legacy Rogue, which Hasbro technically made, but just never released in numbers larger than, well...I know there was one that at least got packaged.  So it not being released gives them the opportunity to do this one right.  A newer body and a brand new headsculpt (hated the sourpuss one they were going to use for her and eventually gave Sharon Carter) are sorely needed for an update figure that was teased a long time ago.

2. Bradstreet Punisher.  The camo variant of this guy from 2007 looks pretty good, and the articulation could have been a lot worse considering when it came out.  The standard version is...well, it doesn't hold up.  He might be a little too big with this combination, but they could probably remake this guy with legs from the Netflix Punisher and the torso and arms from the Netflix Luke Cage, maybe with a new lower torso to get rid of the excessive wrinkles (or go with an all new T-shirt torso to lose a bit of the height), and a brand new head.

3. Nick Fury (the one that looks like Tim Olyphant with an eye patch).  I really like that figure, but I hate the Bucky Cap body for it.  What makes its use even more confounding is that the Doctor Strange Torso had already been introduced.  616 Fury should not look like he's wearing overtight spandex. I mean he's ripped, and sometimes he's been drawn with a pretty tight suit, but he should at least look like he's wearing some kind of cloth, something that wrinkles,  something that doesn't bulge veins.  I'd love to see this redone on the Spider-Man UK/Magneto body because of the wrinkles in the suit, along with new lower legs,  and I'd like to see the Olyphant head used again.  THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

My vote goes to the Marvel NOW! Iron Man, about which I ranted extensively in the most disappointing figure thread. The TL;DR version is: inappropriate reuse of an outdated underscaled mold. Hasbro already has an accurate 3D model of that armor in their possession since at least 2013, they just need to adapt it into a proper action figure.

A second vote would go to the Extremis Iron Man. The figure is underscaled and it could really use improved leg articulation.

Definitely Toad.  He's way, way overdue.  After him is The Mandarin with interchangeable masked and unmasked heads, natch.  Finally, I'm going to go with Ultron.  So many near misses on that guy with the Legendary Riders atrocity, the Iron Monger wave version, and the awesome but just out-of-scale Marvel Select.  Keep it simple, Hasbro.  All I want it an in-scale Ultron-11 (circa the first secret wars).

1 hour ago, mako said:

90s Jean Grey. Only released once, and that was during Hasbro's transitional period.

They could do wonders with her now.

Especially with the rest of the Jim lee X-men being done and they could add a pony tail alt-head to be like the cartoon

Great topic, off the top of my head this is my list of Toybiz figures that either need a hasbro update or were already made by hasbro but were just not good.

X-Men & X-Men Villians
Pyro
Toad
Banshee (on the bullseye body)
Longshot
Jim Lee Jean Grey (Updated Body)
Jim Lee Storm (This one is pretty much a given that it will be made soon)
Warpath (on one of the newer big bodies like colossus)
White Queen (classic look)

Spiderman & Spidey Villians
Vulture (Classic Costume)
Iron Spider (Comic costume)
Big Time Spiderman costume
Future Foundation Costume

Avengers, Marvel Knights & Others
US Agent (Updated Body)
War Machine (Classic Comic armor)
Moonknight (Classic Costume)
Falcon (I kind of like the more modern costume the best, before he wore the cap costume, like the variant toybiz made)
Classic Costume Dr. Doom

16 hours ago, Benn said:

Angel, Archangel (X-Force), Banshee, Beast (Astonishing), Blob, Brood Queen, Daken (Wolverine), Danger, Emma Frost, Fantomex, Havok (original), Iceman (90s), Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Mojo, Nemesis, Psylocke (X-Force), Pyro, Spiral, Storm (90s), Toad, Warpath, Wolverine (Astonishing), Wolverine (X-Force), Xorn. Right now, my money's on Storm and Lady Deathstrike being the last two figures in this year's X-Men vintage wave, though, so that could be two down.

Why the X-Force Archangel?  I feel like the first one was perfect as is.  

6 hours ago, mako said:

90s Jean Grey. Only released once, and that was during Hasbro's transitional period.

They could do wonders with her now.

I know this is gonna draw an argument, but the Has' went and made themselves an awesome new buck for Spidey type characters, it's about time they used it to give us a new "normal" Spider-Man. Pizza Spidey was great, but the parts are there, its time for an upgrade.

I agree with both points.  After putting my Caliban Wave on the shelf, the 90's Jean hole in my collection is definitely palpable now.  

24 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

I'm assuming we'll get a "white" Emma frost before long. Her classic VILLAN costume is just too cool!  

Pyro is one of my favorite X-villans along with Avalanche so I hope both get remade soon!

As much as I love my ToyBiz Pyro, he looks so out of place with the updated legends!  A new Pyro would be amazing.

No way we won't see a White Queen Emma soon.  The previous Hasbro one is...awful.

Three more I would love to see re-done would be Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine, and Iceman

I'd love to see a few more AOA designs be made...I love that story line! I was sorry to see Blink made more based on her Exiles look than her AOA look. 

I'd love to have a dark Beast as the old toy biz one looks out of place in my collection. A new SABERTOOTH would be nice with Wild child on a chain. Storm had a cool AOA design as well. 

Ok...im waayyyy off topic

I second Iceman for a redo! The first one is so fragile. The recent one is too modern...I just want a plain classic Iceman.

1 hour ago, Starlord67 said:

I'd love to see a few more AOA designs be made...I love that story line! I was sorry to see Blink made more based on her Exiles look than her AOA look. 

I'd love to have a dark Beast as the old toy biz one looks out of place in my collection. A new SABERTOOTH would be nice with Wild child on a chain. Storm had a cool AOA design as well. 

Ok...im waayyyy off topic

I second Iceman for a redo! The first one is so fragile. The recent one is too modern...I just want a plain classic Iceman.

There was a classic-ish Iceman in that TRU box set released a couple of years ago, but he is super pricey on the secondary market.  Plus, I feel like he needs to be bluer in tone that that one was.

3 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Why the X-Force Archangel?  I feel like the first one was perfect as is.  

The sculpt is great. Inappropriate use of metallic paint is just a huge pet peeve of mine. I know it sometimes looked a bit like that in the comics (and often didn't), but I think it looks really weird on an action figure. The other reason, though, is I can't afford to own one, so my best bet is to hope for a remake. (:

I basically have to pretend that any pre-Infinite series figures don't exist. There are just too many I'll never be able to afford, and my brain won't be able to reconcile not owning all of them.

26 minutes ago, Benn said:

I basically have to pretend that any pre-Infinite series figures don't exist. There are just too many I'll never be able to afford, and my brain won't be able to reconcile not owning all of them.

That’s understandable.  They skyrocketed there for a bit.  If it makes you feel any better I have replaced most of them from my collection with newer versions.  

I feel like Warren has the Metallic look more often than not in the Uncanny run. Especially in the first 8 issues or so.  I feel like it wasn’t until the whole Deathlok saga that he was more gray.  That being said, I would absolutely buy a non-metallic version too haha

31 minutes ago, mako said:

I don't know about that. If you already have the Lee Cyke, then it would be like paying twice as much for one figure. Now maybe if they gave him the jacket and or some optic blast effects . . .

Which is no different to most 2 packs

They could give Cyke some blast effects,  also not everyone managed to get the Jim Lee Cyke