Starlord67

Who needs to be "Re-done" the most??

21 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, with a few individual exceptions (Thor comes to mind) you're probably on your own there, buddy.  People seem to like bigger characters...big.

Yeah, cuz being a 7 footer isn't big enough. Heck, let's hope the Marvel artists start drawing Hulk, Thanos & Juggs as 12 footers. 

21 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

People seem to like bigger characters...big.

I think YOU seem to like bigger characters. Try not to speak for all of us.

20 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, cuz being a 7 footer isn't big enough. Heck, let's hope the Marvel artists start drawing Hulk, Thanos & Juggs as 12 footers. 

Or some gets the 12 inch Marvel Legends Hulk and puts it next to the 6 inch Marvel Legends and says "now the Hulk is to scale"

32 minutes ago, mako said:

Preach bro! It seems some people can't comprehend that many of us ML collectors want our favorite superheroes/villians in the correct comic listed hgts in relationship to one another.  Just cause some artists are allowed by their writer to take artistic license with some characters & draw them outta proportion to their listed hgts, does not mean they should be made that way in figure form. Juggs was always listed as being 6'10, 900lbs (Cuz that isn't big enough) then certain artists draw him gigantic & now he's a 9 footer that weighs 1 ton. Same goes for the Hulk. Rhino is another character that is listed as 6'5 710lbs  but artists draw him gigantic looking. I mean WTF is this? A Sentinel sized Rhino? Artistic license taken way overboard. The last pic of Rhino with his buds is a perfect version of what he should look like in scale as a 6'5 character. He shouldn't be towering over them by 2 feet! Hasbro needs to start creating bucks for characters that are beefier in mass such as Rhino/Thanos. They made the perfect buck for Doc Ock  who does not have a body builder physique.

rhino-a-500.jpg

Rhinoback.jpg

Rhino vs Spidey.jpg

Rhino with other villians.jpg

2 hours ago, mako said:

I didn't try to speak for you or anyone else in specific.  Just the rather large multitude of people that drool over things like the Marvel Select Juggy, or Thanos, or Rhino, or Colossus, or whoever, to the point that they will refuse to "update" even when something "closer to the official Marvel Universe listings" comes up.  But sure, pretend like you and Gmen4ever speak for all of those folks, yourself.

37 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Preach bro! It seems some people can't comprehend that many of us ML collectors want our favorite superheroes/villians in the correct comic listed hgts in relationship to one another.  Just cause some artists are allowed by their writer to take artistic license with some characters & draw them outta proportion to their listed hgts, does not mean they should be made that way in figure form. Juggs was always listed as being 6'10, 900lbs (Cuz that isn't big enough) then certain artists draw him gigantic & now he's a 9 footer that weighs 1 ton. Same goes for the Hulk. Rhino is another character that is listed as 6'5 710lbs  but artists draw him gigantic looking. I mean WTF is this? A Sentinel sized Rhino? Artistic license taken way overboard. The last pic of Rhino with his buds is a perfect version of what he should look like in scale as a 6'5 character. He shouldn't be towering over them by 2 feet! Hasbro needs to start creating bucks for characters that are beefier in mass such as Rhino/Thanos. They made the perfect buck for Doc Ock  who does not have a body builder physique.

rhino-a-500.jpg

Rhinoback.jpg

Rhino vs Spidey.jpg

Rhino with other villians.jpg

Marvel was pretty consistent about this stuff until the Image era/Shooter ending his tenure as EIC.  What you don't seem to want to "comprehend" is that a whole lot of people have spent the last 20-25 years growing up with the more stylized "artistic license" versions of these characters in their comics.  And they buy toys too.

You have every right to want what you want, to be absolutely clear.  I even hope that you get it someday (and would probably buy some/most of them myself).  But unless Herc is a sign of things to come it doesn't seem to be the direction Hasbro wants to go in, especially when it means remolding a whole bunch of characters that were already pretty recently done.

I think you hit the nail on the head pertaining to Shooter leaving Marvel as EIC. He more than likely would not have approved these artists going crazy with all those size/hgt alterations that post EICs allowed them to do.  Manbun Herc is done & outta the way, I highly doubt he will be one & done. Classic Herc can be done in future Avengers waves, vintage waves or 80th anniv waves. 

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

You have every right to want what you want, to be absolutely clear.  I even hope that you get it someday (and would probably buy some/most of them myself).  But unless Herc is a sign of things to come it doesn't seem to be the direction Hasbro wants to go in, especially when it means remolding a whole bunch of characters that were already pretty recently done.

Yeah, I mean it's pretty clear Hasbro really doesn't give a rat's @$$ about the heights, so I don't even know why that notion is being entertained. The heights are so variable that I doubt they se it as a big deal.

I started a similar topic, just in regards to "Vintage" waves. But, my choices here will be different because who enjoys reruns?

Viper - She needs a whole bunch of new! Face, body and weapons would be needed to correct her earlier fig.

Daredevil - Butterfly joints ftw! And I wouldn't mind one of those handplant hands, like they just did with Beast.

Jigsaw - Pretty sure the only way he's getting released will be via exclusive. Far too traumatizing for the toy aisle 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, Jmacq1 said:

The comic-Thanos BAF is broad but not nearly as tall as many BAFs.  Not even as tall as the Hulk that came in the wave to build him.

That's modern comic based Thanos, I want Hasbro to do a classic Bronze age 70s-90s Starlin/Lim version on a broad buck that is no bigger than 6.5-7' tall. He would not need double joints on his arms or legs due to being the correct thickness. Again at 6'7 900lbs,  Classic Thanos is massively muscled, not super tall. 

Thanos statue classic version.jpg

Thanos vs Cap 2.jpg

Thanos vs Cap.jpg

Thanos vs Spidey and Thing.png

Thanos vs Thing and Thor.jpg