SDCC 2019 Exclusive Predictions?

hisDUDENESS9829

After last year’s less than stellar offering in the form of the Defenders box set, I wanted to know what everyone’s thoughts are on this year’s exclusives.

I am willing to bet we see two this year.  One MCU related one and one comic related one.  If we follow that logic, what do you think they will be?

Depending on what happens with Endgame, I doubt they will do another box set like they did for The Defenders.  However if they did, then I would expect a Howling Commandos or Warriors Three sort of set.

On the comic front, I imagine we will see something 80th anniversary related.  I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was that Stan Lee BAF that was teased a while ago.

Stan Lee as the 80th Exclusive sounds like a pretty safe bet.  We know the tooling exists, and now would definitely be the time.  Guess it really just boils down to whether the family agrees with it.  And it would double as both an MCU and 80th figure so...best of both worlds!

As for alternate ideas:

If they wanted a BIG 80th anniversary set:

Avengers #1 Boxed Set w/ Classic Thor, Classic Ant-Man, Gold Iron Man, Classic Wasp, Hulk (w/ "flat top" head).  Loki gets left out since he'll be single-carded in Wave 2.

Alternately:  Invaders boxed set with WW II Cap and Bucky, Hammond Torch, Toro, and Spitfire (Namor's been released recently enough that he shouldn't be hard to find to finish out the team, and Union Jack is on the way).

If they go smaller?  80th Ant-Man and the Wasp (Alex Ross-ish classic versions), or if they want to go ALL the way to the beginning: 

A Namor/Sub-Mariner (alt headsculpt) and Human Torch (Hammond) two-pack. celebrating the first Marvel comic ever published....

MCU:  Maybe a Wong and Pepper (civilian) two-pack?  Or a multi-pack of the OG Avengers (maybe plus Loki) from the first movie, redone with better bodies and the new style headsculpts.

All I know is that I've been dead wrong with my predictions the last few years, so...who knows? :biggrin:

I'm throwing an X-men related exclusive in the ring...no clue what but the X-men are a cash cow! 

I agree with the Stan Lee figure. It seems only logical ( but when has logic mattered)

What I'd really like to see is an Inhumans boxed set with Lockjaw,Crystal,Karnak,Gorgon,Triton and Maximus.

I know this is a long shot with the failure of the tv show....but the royal family needs to be finished.I'm not even sure of their status in the comics world at this point!

31 minutes ago, Starlord67 said:

I'm throwing an X-men related exclusive in the ring...no clue what but the X-men are a cash cow! 

I agree with the Stan Lee figure. It seems only logical ( but when has logic mattered)

What I'd really like to see is an Inhumans boxed set with Lockjaw,Crystal,Karnak,Gorgon,Triton and Maximus.

I know this is a long shot with the failure of the tv show....but the royal family needs to be finished.I'm not even sure of their status in the comics world at this point!

I blame Ramsay Bolton.  

A lockjaw would be MASSIVE but a very cool piece.  Didn't Mezco do one at some point?

This came up in another (but essentially the same) topic posted at the end of February.  When Stan Lee was mentioned several folks said they thought putting that figure out so soon after his death would be in poor taste.  Whether it is or not, I have a distinct feeling that cancelled MCU Build a Stan WILL be the 80th anniversary exclusive at SDCC this year, it will sell out fast on Hasbro Pulse, and it's going to go for hella money on Ebay.

3 hours ago, Satam said:

This came up in another (but essentially the same) topic posted at the end of February.  When Stan Lee was mentioned several folks said they thought putting that figure out so soon after his death would be in poor taste.  Whether it is or not, I have a distinct feeling that cancelled MCU Build a Stan WILL be the 80th anniversary exclusive at SDCC this year, it will sell out fast on Hasbro Pulse, and it's going to go for hella money on Ebay.

If the family signed off on the “bronze Stan Lee” funko pop I am willing to bet Hasbro could do a legends figure.

I would love an X-Men Exclusive, like an Inner Circle or The Shi'ar Pretorian Guard, minus Gladiator and plus Lilandra, to go with the Dark Phoenix movie.

If they go another way, I would like a Heralds of Galactus Pack or Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends

2 hours ago, Satam said:

I don't think it was a question of could but a question of should.  I'm not about to talk for anyone, though.

I get it, definitely a touchy subject.  I would hope that if it does happen some sort of donation would be made, or a portion of the proceeds would go to The Stan Lee foundation or something like Funko did.

Maybe if they go the Netflix route one last time since those shows are gone, we might get a Kingpin? I’m not holding my breath but it is crazy to think that we don’t have any Netflix villains at all.

As for an X-Men exclusive, I could see them doing something “Giant-Size” related.  Maybe a few characters from the cover that would be simple repaints or small retools?

Yeah, he was... briefly, before Magneto crushed him to death. Senyaka is pretty high on my most wanted list in general, but I figured he'd be a little harder to pull together from parts. Not that that's necessarily disqualifying. Unuscione would be another great easy one to do!

48 minutes ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Maybe if they go the Netflix route one last time since those shows are gone, we might get a Kingpin? I’m not holding my breath but it is crazy to think that we don’t have any Netflix villains at all.

They won't, and I really wish they'd made a Netflix Fisk.  Also, out of all the villains from the Netflix shows, he's probably the only one worth making.  Okay, him and Kilgrave.

Ooo Inner Circle gets my vote too. I've never bought an SDCC exclusive boxed set so I'd be weary about the ease of availability (though Defenders was easier to acquire, from what I'm hearing, but that's probably because not a lot of people wanted that one) so it's probably the exception not the rule.

That said, between the Leland body type and the period costumes, Hasbro might not want to go with such a complicated boxed set?

I for sure think that Stan Lee fig, but everyone thinks that.

I also think something Captain Marvel but comic oriented, not sure what but I am still betting they wanna pump Captain Marvel and we are in due need for some new comic stuff from her, probably her (comic form) with a comic skrull and comic mar-vell 3 pack or something, or we get Lilandra (so that head comes to use and they throw us that curve ball)

6 hours ago, Satam said:

They won't, and I really wish they'd made a Netflix Fisk.  Also, out of all the villains from the Netflix shows, he's probably the only one worth making.  Okay, him and Kilgrave.

Agreed.  Kill grace and Fisk are the only two that warrant a figure.  It’s a shame Daredevil didn’t last longer, it would have been really interesting to see a Bullseye costume at some point.

Maybe an  FF box set with the 'negative' costume colors (mostly dark blue with white for neck, boots, gloves).  To make it more enticing to those who have the WG exclusives, a few suggestions based on complaints i've read about the WG versions:

• Make Sue fully visible with a swappable arm or two that are partly transparent
  •  Maybe give Johnny a powered down body, not on the same buck as Reed's.  Or if they go with flame-on Johnny, make his head the same color as his body this time
  • Give Reed an alternate head with a stretched out neck or a different stretched out arm. or just a head with a different expression.
  • Give Thing a new alternate head, this time with a yelling expression

Of course they could go all out and throw in Mole Man and some Moloids (although then we'd all want the giant Mole-man monster) or a classic Doom lol.

9 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Ooo Inner Circle gets my vote too. I've never bought an SDCC exclusive boxed set so I'd be weary about the ease of availability (though Defenders was easier to acquire, from what I'm hearing, but that's probably because not a lot of people wanted that one) so it's probably the exception not the rule.

That said, between the Leland body type and the period costumes, Hasbro might not want to go with such a complicated boxed set?

It's a limited bit of reuse, but the period costume bodies of the Inner Circle could be used to create the Inheritors from the Spider-Verse saga pretty easily, I think (and I think it's pretty clear that Hasbro loves the Spider-Verse).   

Leland's a tough sell though.  That or he'd end up with either a more "normal" build or a BAF-sized build that wouldn't quite be accurate.  But I think I could live with that.

And of course a classic White Queen can easily be used to do Classic Selene, Tessa, and Jean Grey Black Queen if nothing else.

At the very least I could totally see Hasbro doing Sebastian Shaw and flipping him around as Morlun (or vice-versa), if not the rest of the classic HFC.  Shaw is LONG overdue for a fig of any kind.

38 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

At the very least I could totally see Hasbro doing Sebastian Shaw and flipping him around as Morlun (or vice-versa), if not the rest of the classic HFC.  Shaw is LONG overdue for a fig of any kind.

They could even do a "pack-in head" like they have with a few other figures now (Lilandra, Shadow King, Mad Cap, etc.)

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I for sure think that Stan Lee fig, but everyone thinks that.

I also think something Captain Marvel but comic oriented, not sure what but I am still betting they wanna pump Captain Marvel and we are in due need for some new comic stuff from her, probably her (comic form) with a comic skrull and comic mar-vell 3 pack or something, or we get Lilandra (so that head comes to use and they throw us that curve ball)

They could do Captain marvel Legacy Pack:

Mar-Vel
Monica Rambeau
Genis-Vell
Phyla-Vell
Noh-Var