What’s the hold up on Marvel Legends Ultimate Riders Professor X?

Podtera

The pre-orders sold out pretty quick for the individual Prof which is why only the two pack is left.  I’d keep and eye on GameStop and Amazon since they seem to be getting stuff in earlier lately (with the exception of the Caliban wave).  If I remember correctly Xavier wasn’t supposed to really be available until April anyway, so he is still technically on time.

It's definitely out already. BBTS is selling it that way because the case pack for those two is 2x Deadpool and 1x Professor X, and surprise, surprise, the much requested Professor has proven a better seller than the 8th version of Deadpool to come out in the last three years. Everywhere else is sold out, so they're selling them together to stop from selling out of Professors while still sitting on a mountain of Deadpools.

As for the preorders, Hasbro puts out cases of just a single figure when it proves popular enough, but those usually hit a few months to a year after initial release. They're taking preorders in anticipation of cases that don't include Deadpool.

1 hour ago, Podtera said:

Ah thank you both for the info. I thought I read somewhere Professor X was supposed to be released in March, I guess I was mistaken. I will keep lookin for him. I wish Hasbro Pulse would remove their sold out figures from the website! 

In my experience they not remove them until they don’t plan on selling them any more.  The fact that he is still listed as sold out means he may pop back up soon.  May not hurt to throw up a page monitor or set up emails with NowInStock.com to see if he is in stock or not.

I still have yet to see him in the wild, and he currently is 129 at Amazon.ca so I am sad to say I will wait till he actually appears, my local EB have like a stack of that Rider Deadpool so I presume Prof came around but everyone snatched him up

As some others have mentioned, it’s all about when you preorder. I received my riders case from EE a long time ago at this point but I also preordered the case the split second it went up. Most times, when you see a preorder release date jump by a couple months, it’s not necessarily because the wave/case got pushed back, it’s because the initial allocation they received from Hasbro has “sold out” and they are currently taking orders for their next shipment/allocation.

Same deal with the 5th X-Men Wave (Caliban) as I received my cases from EE at the very beginning of this month but their website shows a May release and I suspect that’s when they were told by hasbro to expect their second shipment.

As far as brick n mortar goes, the only two stores that I’ve ever seen to stock Riders was TRU and Gamestop. To this day, I’ve never seen Riders at Target or WalFail.

Finally just bought one off of ebay.  Two months later and the pre-order just keeps getting pushed back, some places say July re-stock, others say August re-stock, BBTS just keeps going back a month.  Hasbro is crazy for not double packing this one, it was literally like printing money for them.  

EDIT: OK, he's sold out now (5 min after I posted) but keep checking. I usually do a quick 30 second search for ML at Amazon 2 or 3 times a day and I see him pop up every couple of days. 

------------------------

Keep checking Amazon. He's available on their site now but you need to click on "see all offers" as he's not exactly in stock but available to ship in 1 - 2 days

IMG_8142.PNG