Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Scareglow

Figures breaking right out of the box?

Recommended Posts

Hey so I thought this was both funny and sad at the same time, I recently bought Brother Voodoo from Amazon (he was on sale at the time), I received it freshly factory sealed, I opened the box and moved his arm from the packaged placement and he completely exploded! in absolute pieces, he just fell right apart, I notified Amazon because I wanted to make sure he wasn't a return or something and he was not, this was how he came from the factory. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have never heard of this occurring with any Legend or had this happen before it has really made me weary.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey so I thought this was both funny and sad at the same time, I recently bought Brother Voodoo from Amazon (he was on sale at the time), I received it freshly factory sealed, I opened the box and moved his arm from the packaged placement and he completely exploded! in absolute pieces, he just fell right apart, I notified Amazon because I wanted to make sure he wasn't a return or something and he was not, this was how he came from the factory. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have never heard of this occurring with any Legend or had this happen before it has really made me weary.

 

 

Never happened to me before!  That blows!

Did Amazon give you a refund?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Never happened to me before!  That blows!

Did Amazon give you a refund?

nope because there was no proof that it wasn't completely my fault, and I get that, I payed like 6 bucks or something and ordered him with a bunch of other things so it wasn't a huge loss, but now I won't even try and buy that figure again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

nope because there was no proof that it wasn't completely my fault, and I get that, I payed like 6 bucks or something and ordered him with a bunch of other things so it wasn't a huge loss, but now I won't even try and buy that figure again

Have you contacted Hasbro’s customer service? I had a Starlord’s foot break right out of the package that I bought from Target and I called Hasbro’s customer service.  After sending some proof that it wasn’t a knockoff figure they sent me another legend free (think I got a Nova).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Have you contacted Hasbro’s customer service? I had a Starlord’s foot break right out of the package that I bought from Target and I called Hasbro’s customer service.  After sending some proof that it wasn’t a knockoff figure they sent me another legend free (think I got a Nova).

#$## I didn't even think of that, I don't know how much proof I have since I think my Girlfriend threw the box away and everything, I will try though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

#$## I didn't even think of that, I don't know how much proof I have since I think my Girlfriend threw the box away and everything, I will try though

They just asked me for the numbers on the figure and some pictures of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys make me feel old. When i got toys as a kid they never last and some would break instantly. My folk hqd to get me the same g1 optimus before they gave up. Toys may be more durable now but breaking is something is something that happens all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

How exactly do I go about this through Hasbro? can't seem to find a way to e-mail customer service , or maybe I'm being foolish and not using my eyes

You can email through the “contact us” function on their website or call the 1-800 number that is on the bottom of any box that Hasbro sells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarot said:

You guys make me feel old. When i got toys as a kid they never last and some would break instantly. My folk hqd to get me the same g1 optimus before they gave up. Toys may be more durable now but breaking is something is something that happens all the time

It was the same situation when I was a kid.  I probably went through 6 ToyBiz X-Men figures (you were supposed to put them in the freezer but when you took them out and played with them, they exploded).  The standards for customer service have changed as well as the business practices for these large companies.  It’s less “tough cookies” and more “one time courtesy”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

nope because there was no proof that it wasn't completely my fault, and I get that, I payed like 6 bucks or something and ordered him with a bunch of other things so it wasn't a huge loss, but now I won't even try and buy that figure again

Are you sure you aren't interested at all in a pre-owned Brother Voodoo?  It hasn't exploded yet, so I doubt it ever will. Not on its own, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

You can email through the “contact us” function on their website or call the 1-800 number that is on the bottom of any box that Hasbro sells

Will try for sure, but I won't be too sad if it's just a loss, thanks though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satam said:

Are you sure you aren't interested at all in a pre-owned Brother Voodoo?  It hasn't exploded yet, so I doubt it ever will. Not on its own, anyway.

Hhaha well in the case of a pre-owned hasn't exploded Bro Voodoo sure , but only as long as It has been intact for longer then 1 year, I'm not sure when they are prone to explode, I mean i guess we didn't know there were secret action functions on Marvel Legends, Brother Voodoo dismembers himself into the astral plains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, Satam said:

It's loose and without the Dormammu arm, but I've had it since 2016.

Yeah you don't like Voodoo that much you want to get rid of him, it's cool i appreciate it , if you do have the Aries Hulk BAF piece i'd take that , nah shipping costs for you would be annoying I live in Canada dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Satam said:

I don't have that piece, but you'd be paying shipping costs if I sold it to you. 

truth ! I would be, and to bad you don't have the piece because that hulk BAF keeps yelling at me to put that arm on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE