Figures breaking right out of the box?

Lord_Scareglow

Hey so I thought this was both funny and sad at the same time, I recently bought Brother Voodoo from Amazon (he was on sale at the time), I received it freshly factory sealed, I opened the box and moved his arm from the packaged placement and he completely exploded! in absolute pieces, he just fell right apart, I notified Amazon because I wanted to make sure he wasn't a return or something and he was not, this was how he came from the factory. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have never heard of this occurring with any Legend or had this happen before it has really made me weary.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey so I thought this was both funny and sad at the same time, I recently bought Brother Voodoo from Amazon (he was on sale at the time), I received it freshly factory sealed, I opened the box and moved his arm from the packaged placement and he completely exploded! in absolute pieces, he just fell right apart, I notified Amazon because I wanted to make sure he wasn't a return or something and he was not, this was how he came from the factory. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have never heard of this occurring with any Legend or had this happen before it has really made me weary.

Never happened to me before!  That blows!

Did Amazon give you a refund?

Just now, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Never happened to me before!  That blows!

Did Amazon give you a refund?

nope because there was no proof that it wasn't completely my fault, and I get that, I payed like 6 bucks or something and ordered him with a bunch of other things so it wasn't a huge loss, but now I won't even try and buy that figure again

2 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

nope because there was no proof that it wasn't completely my fault, and I get that, I payed like 6 bucks or something and ordered him with a bunch of other things so it wasn't a huge loss, but now I won't even try and buy that figure again

Have you contacted Hasbro’s customer service? I had a Starlord’s foot break right out of the package that I bought from Target and I called Hasbro’s customer service.  After sending some proof that it wasn’t a knockoff figure they sent me another legend free (think I got a Nova).

1 minute ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Have you contacted Hasbro’s customer service? I had a Starlord’s foot break right out of the package that I bought from Target and I called Hasbro’s customer service.  After sending some proof that it wasn’t a knockoff figure they sent me another legend free (think I got a Nova).

#$## I didn't even think of that, I don't know how much proof I have since I think my Girlfriend threw the box away and everything, I will try though

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

How exactly do I go about this through Hasbro? can't seem to find a way to e-mail customer service , or maybe I'm being foolish and not using my eyes

You can email through the “contact us” function on their website or call the 1-800 number that is on the bottom of any box that Hasbro sells

1 hour ago, tarot said:

You guys make me feel old. When i got toys as a kid they never last and some would break instantly. My folk hqd to get me the same g1 optimus before they gave up. Toys may be more durable now but breaking is something is something that happens all the time

It was the same situation when I was a kid.  I probably went through 6 ToyBiz X-Men figures (you were supposed to put them in the freezer but when you took them out and played with them, they exploded).  The standards for customer service have changed as well as the business practices for these large companies.  It’s less “tough cookies” and more “one time courtesy”.

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Are you sure you aren't interested at all in a pre-owned Brother Voodoo?  It hasn't exploded yet, so I doubt it ever will. Not on its own, anyway.

5 hours ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

You can email through the “contact us” function on their website or call the 1-800 number that is on the bottom of any box that Hasbro sells

Will try for sure, but I won't be too sad if it's just a loss, thanks though

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Are you sure you aren't interested at all in a pre-owned Brother Voodoo?  It hasn't exploded yet, so I doubt it ever will. Not on its own, anyway.

Hhaha well in the case of a pre-owned hasn't exploded Bro Voodoo sure , but only as long as It has been intact for longer then 1 year, I'm not sure when they are prone to explode, I mean i guess we didn't know there were secret action functions on Marvel Legends, Brother Voodoo dismembers himself into the astral plains

On 4/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, Satam said:

It's loose and without the Dormammu arm, but I've had it since 2016.

Yeah you don't like Voodoo that much you want to get rid of him, it's cool i appreciate it , if you do have the Aries Hulk BAF piece i'd take that , nah shipping costs for you would be annoying I live in Canada dude

I finally got around to opening up my Hulk/White Vision/Ultron 3 pack I got on clearance at Target some years ago for 25 bucks. I was passing on them but was kinda interested in the Hulk even though I did not care for his new look. I got Hulk and Vision out with no problems but Ultron broke off one of his ears or whatever they are called. I wished I would have taken more of my time with him. I just look at him being battle damaged.

I did got shot in the eye by Venom in the Spiderman 3.75 inch line when I was opening him up. He had a spring loaded gun and it went off as I was getting him out. That hurt.

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 3:47 PM, Dodge76 said:

I finally got around to opening up my Hulk/White Vision/Ultron 3 pack I got on clearance at Target some years ago for 25 bucks. I was passing on them but was kinda interested in the Hulk even though I did not care for his new look. I got Hulk and Vision out with no problems but Ultron broke off one of his ears or whatever they are called. I wished I would have taken more of my time with him. I just look at him being battle damaged.

I did got shot in the eye by Venom in the Spiderman 3.75 inch line when I was opening him up. He had a spring loaded gun and it went off as I was getting him out. That hurt.

Will the head that came with the Vintage series Vision fit on that body?