Figures breaking right out of the box?

Lord_Scareglow

On 4/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey so I thought this was both funny and sad at the same time, I recently bought Brother Voodoo from Amazon (he was on sale at the time), I received it freshly factory sealed, I opened the box and moved his arm from the packaged placement and he completely exploded! in absolute pieces, he just fell right apart, I notified Amazon because I wanted to make sure he wasn't a return or something and he was not, this was how he came from the factory. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I have never heard of this occurring with any Legend or had this happen before it has really made me weary.

I recently stumbled across Spider-Punk at Sears. I was so excited until, I noticed that the torso was not glued together. I should’ve returned it, but I already started to fix it. My Ronin’s knee broke out of the box. It’s made me be super delicate with my Legends. 

Let me preface this post by clarifying that I’m not trying to “learn” anyone or suggest y’all don’t know how to handle your action figures. This is just some input based on personal experiences. 

I find that that sometimes paint or oils from the plastics ends up in the joints of figures and either dries or hardens, which causes arms, legs, etc to stick; this can lead to breakage or warping right out of the package. Though sometimes easier said than done, the best thing you can do is gently check each joint one by one, and if any are stuck or tight you can ease them loose by gently working them until they give way. You can also dip them in hot water to assist in this loosening. I say this because literally every break I’ve ever experienced with a Marvel Legends figure has been due to me taking it from the packaging, and not checking it’s joints before going straight to posing it. 

I know this is largely common knowledge, but it hadn’t been said yet so I thought I might throw it out.

Also, yeah, I know, sometimes stuff just ships broken or whatever. It happens.  

Edit: I’ll add that I’ve never had a 6” Black Series figure break.