Top 5 needed Avengers figures

Starlord67

• Moondragon
  • Jocasta
  • re-do of either Falcon or Ms. Marvel
  • Starfox
  • Doctor Druid, i guess

Mantis is up there too but i think the MCU version is a reasonable stand-in. 

I'd like an updated Tigra but i know they'd never make her again with the bikini so I'll stick with the old version for now.

I'd like a safari jacket wonder man too but can live with the modern version.   I'd like another Wasp figure with a costume from the Stern era although when i get around to buying the Vintage version that should be a reasonable stand-in.  (certainly an improvement over my toybiz version)

I suppose Swordsman and Goliath (Clint Barton) need figures too but they don't seem very urgent.  I think getting Herc, Black Knight, and Monica Rambeau over the last couple of years makes me want to finish the Roger Stern-era roster(s).

1. Classic Herc - Like the MU version and in scale with the upcoming Thor figure

2. Tigra - Bikini version would be preferred but it would drive the political police crazy. Just paint a black bodysuit underneath and do the full bikini version as an exclusive variant.

3. Falcon - so ridiculous this hasn't been done yet.

4. War Machine - All we want is one, just one comic version of WM. Classic or modern, it doesn't matter. One is all we ask.

5. Firestar - Now that the X-Men are back where they belong there's no more BS excuses why this one can't be done. For some reason they found a way to make it happen in the MU hotline. I'll even spring for a damn 3 pack with another Spider-Man and Iceman.

These are only the 5 biggest blaring ommisions that make my collection seem incomplete but there are a ton of others I could go with like Winter Soldier, Robbie Reyes, Stingray, Jocasta (who could serve double duty as Lilandra), Quake, Goliath, etc.......

1. Comic War Machine (as above...modern or classic, doesn't matter to me)

2. Tigra re-do

3. Comic Falcon (I'd prefer Modern)

4. Crystal (Kind of amazed this hasn't happened yet).

5. Blue Marvel (I just think he's a cool character)

Honorable Mention:

Sersi - Almost made the list, but I think we'll likely get most of the major comic Eternals closer to the movie.

Quasar - I tend to think of him more as a "Cosmic" character than an "Avenger" but I suspect we'll get him before long either way (if nothing else I'd bet he's already a lock for a "comic character slot" in the first Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 assortment).

Hank Pym (Science Adventurer!) - "Civvie" Hank was an active member of the West Coast Avengers for quite a while.

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

So, something like an Update of the Galactus BAF one?

Yeah, but that one was almost two specific to that series US War Machine, something a bit more general so that it can fill lots of spots in the collection.  I wouldn't mind something close to his look from Secret Avengers.

War Machine has had a lot of inconsistency as far as how exactly he's portrayed in the comics.  Lots of minor variations on the suit/what shoulder and wrist weapons he has/etc....

The US War Machine though, was almost a direct copy of his very first suit.  I'd be fine with a redux of that.  As long as it's not the Eidolon armor....

I am interested in:

Falcon

War Machine

Tigra

US Agent (Probably pop up in a Vintage Wave)

Crystal

I don't know if we will see some of these. I am surprised we have not gotten a comic Falcon and War Machine yet. Tarot's story is that Tigra was supposed to be part of the third wave of Captain America Civil War but got passed up for some reason. She would have been nice to see pop up in one of the Avengers waves. Maybe she will pop up in a Vintage wave as well since they already made her or something. I already bit the bullet and bought the old one from Ebay. Disney maybe telling them No on her but I will take her in a body suit or something.

41 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

We still need Squirrel Girl at some point.

If we're doing a Top 5, in no particular order:

1. Shang-Chi

2. Squirrel Girl

3. Ms. America

4. Crystal

5. Echo

I'd say Sersei, but the Eternals movie drastically raises the likelihood she's getting one anyway.

Shang-Chi is getting a movie too.

22 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

War Machine has had a lot of inconsistency as far as how exactly he's portrayed in the comics.  Lots of minor variations on the suit/what shoulder and wrist weapons he has/etc....

The US War Machine though, was almost a direct copy of his very first suit.  I'd be fine with a redux of that.  As long as it's not the Eidolon armor....

Yeah, no Eidolon armor.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Not long ago I made some research on Rhodey's suits and, yeah, his post-Iron Patriot appearances were a nightmare. Around the time of CWII he was pretty much wearing two different suits consecutively. I mean, even in Invincible Iron Man #600 he switched armors between panels because the issue had different guest artists.

U.S. Agent seems like prime vintage wave choice to me as well.  So does Silver Centurion.  I wouldn't mind two Falcons: a regular wave release and then a vintage wave re-release with one of his more modern uniform and energy wings.  I'd rather see Crystal in an FF or Inhumans wave (and her head better fit on the Invisible Woman's body for when she stood in) in her yellow uniform.  Then do her black and white in the vintage wave.  Tigra in a bodysuit is ridiculous.  If we can do Beast or Sub-Mariner in just their little trunks, there's no reason in the world we can't do Tigra in her classic two-piece.  I don't mind the old Annihilus Wave Herc (one of the very few from that era that aren't horrendous).  So I think I gotta go:

1. Tigra

2. Doctor Druid

3. Thunderstrike

4. Swordsman

5. Century (because I love stupid things)