More Endgame Figures?

BradMan

Have there been any further developments on upcoming Endgame figures?  I don’t remember how far in advance we knew about the Cull Obsidian wave and the different two-packs and three-packs in relation to the release of Infinity War in theaters.

I ask because there’s usually a lot of “another Captain America and Iron Man” complaints, and I’m really surprised that there’s been no hint of an Endgame Iron Man figure.  

From what I’ve gathered, the armor seen in some of the trailers and commercials is being labeled as the Mark 85.  It seems to share the same design and contours of the Mark 50 from Infinity War, but with more gold sections that evoke the classic comic Mark 3 armor.  That being said, I’m surprised Hasbro hasn’t revealed a repaint of the Infinity War Mark 50 figure.

The only thing I can figure is that Marvel Studios has a gag order on Hasbro and others to not reveal anything more until after Endgame premiers next week.

I’m really hoping for:

- Hulk (BAF again?) in his tech suit

- War Machine Mark IV or V

- Rocket in his Endgame costume with goggles

- Ronin/Hawkeye hybrid costume (all we need is new lower arms and a quiver)

- Black Widow (the black costume is different from previous iterations)

- Captain America (new costume has scale texture in places)

- Rescue (if we really see it on screen)

I’d even be ok with a repack of the Cull Obsidian wave Thor in a two-pack with any of the above.  

I hope this doesn’t turn into another MCU versus comic thread... I’m just really surprised at what seems like a smaller push for Legends figures given all the hype that Endgame has right now. 

I certainly am placing my bets we are getting a Hulk (Quantum Suit or Space Suit) as the BAF, and I am sure a new War Machine, i had heard in the wind a new Nebula or maybe Rescue (but we don't know for a fact she is even in the movie yet), who knows.. but with all things aside, I am still sad we never and probably won't get a Outrider Legend (or maybe we will!...if Lego says anything we could)

29 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I'm going with the War Machine Buster being the BAF

I wondered this one as well, it seems like that is going to be a huge aspect of this movie, but I still think Hulk over that, I feel that will be something that comes along later in the year in an alternate pack, but you may be correct sir we just don't know, I just feel like the WM Buster is too similar to the standard IM buster to warrant it as of immediate but the results of the movie will be what tells all , I mean hence I stated Lego being the reason why I think maybe an Outrider might happen and thats because Lego is already releasing and WM Buster vs. Outrider set... so could be 

11 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I wondered this one as well, it seems like that is going to be a huge aspect of this movie, but I still think Hulk over that, I feel that will be something that comes along later in the year in an alternate pack, but you may be correct sir we just don't know, I just feel like the WM Buster is too similar to the standard IM buster to warrant it as of immediate but the results of the movie will be what tells all , I mean hence I stated Lego being the reason why I think maybe an Outrider might happen and thats because Lego is already releasing and WM Buster vs. Outrider set... so could be 

Because it is similar to the Hulkbuster, maybe the reason that it will be done first, since it would largely be a slight retool rather than making a new mold

2 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Because it is similar to the Hulkbuster, maybe the reason that it will be done first, since it would largely be a slight retool rather than making a new mold

true, and we know that Hasbro is a fan of such things, you could very well be right, but also Hulk same thing, we can only see, I do think however it will be one of the two, honestly i'd rather a WM Buster to be perfectly honest, I just think they are gonna want a way to get Hulk in there since he was absent from Infinity War and the world loves Hulk over War Machine

Just now, Lord_Scareglow said:

true, and we know that Hasbro is a fan of such things, you could very well be right, but also Hulk same thing, we can only see, I do think however it will be one of the two, honestly i'd rather a WM Buster to be perfectly honest

Same here, of course there could be a thrid Avengers wave which will do the Hulk

3 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Same here, of course there could be a thrid Avengers wave which will do the Hulk

I at this point feel like we probably won't see a 3rd wave for EG, seems like a 3rd wave never happens, but hey this may be that moment, depends on how many new figs we can stuff in there We usually don't get blindsided though we know what major waves are coming out as of now, so the bet of a 3rd wave for EG is probably not likely as much as we'd want another Avengers wave, but when did 3 waves ever happen in a year even with Infinity which easily could have tossed us a 3rd wave

I suppose a wave 3 is possible, probably something along the lines of BP where it comes in a year or so.  My guess is Hasbro didn't have all that much to work with for this movie aside from the team in quantum suits.  Once the movie comes out I'm sure there would be enough characters with new looks to justify a 3rd wave (for example, maybe we could get a new Vision figure or a new Valykrie figure).  Or they could just go with some exclusive sets / 2-packs like they did with Loki & Corvus Glaive, or the upcoming Kor/Grandmaster set.

That said, wave 1 and wave 2 look pretty weak as far as having characters that are actually in the movie. If i were a retailer, I don't think i would be ordering a ton of cases of these. But what do i know, at least the stock from those endcaps in WM does seem to have sold quickly (captain america aside).

Yeah, it's kinda weird.  It looks like, barring Ronin, Iron Man, and War Machine, everyone has minor-ish tweaks to their "regular" costumes that don't seem like Hasbro would be jumping on to make (because they'd be so similar to figures that have been released relatively recently).  Maybe we get them eventually (or maybe even in a big boxed set) but outside of that it's like...a new hairdo on a character that just got her own wave (Captain Marvel), and the Quantum Suits (which given the two-pack's extra heads doesn't seem like Hasbro wants to go too hard on single-carding those).  So outside of maybe a Quantum-suit Hulk (which may be in the next wave, BAF or otherwise), the Mk 85 Iron Man, War Machine, and Quantum-suit Thor (assuming he gets one...Titan Heroes seems to imply he does)...there doesn't seem to be a lot to put out there that's not already out in some form.

Almost makes me wonder if the SDCC Exclusive might be the OG Avengers in their "new/regular/non-Quantum" costumes from the movie.  Or maybe there'll be an Amazon multipack around Christmas.  Who knows?

I DO think we should maybe consider that after Endgame we may just start getting "Avengers" waves the same way we get Spider-Man or X-Men waves, since there aren't going to be any Marvel films for quite a while after "Far From Home" and there's only one movie slotted for 2020 at present (PROBABLY the Black Widow solo film but might be Eternals but I suspect that latter one will be an early 2021 film).  So basically "Third Endgame wave" may more more along the lines of "First non-specific Avengers wave."

Rumor has it it might be five years before we get another Avengers film, but I doubt Hasbro's going to want to abandon that brand/those characters in the meantime. 

I'd like to see a new single pack War Machine, definitely Hulk over the War Buster, I just don't think this wave is strong enough so far and I know I'd want  a War Buster figure pretty bad.  

I'm still surprised by the lack of figures for the movie so far. I know that this was a special case, and a lot of stuff was kept under wraps, but other companies like Diamond Select Toys, Funko and LEGO have managed to showcase a wide arrange of products with the characters' new appearances. Endgame is arguably the biggest Marvel movie ever, so the lack of merchandise from Hasbro's part is pretty jarring. Just to be clear, I wouldn't expect them to jump right in with stuff revealed much later on like Iron Man MK 85, but I think it would have made sense to have by now figures like Team Suit Thor, an appropriate Team Suit Iron Man, Captain America with his new uniform, and either War Machine MK V or MK VI.

I also found it disappointing that these two Endgame waves are to the brim with comic figures. I understand why movie-related waves include comic figures, and I'm not saying they should've been all-movie waves, but I feel like Hasbro leaned a bit too hard on that aspect of the BaF which is to use them to incentivize buyers to buy other figures. Please tell me if I'm being snobbish for being disappointed that for a wave released to coincide with a movie, only 2 out of 7 figures belong to that film (barring the BaF). If we assume the next wave will also have seven figures, there will be again only two slots left for Endgame-related figures. I can only hope Hasbro pulls an all-movie series for a theoretical third wave to fill-in all the missing spots.

6 hours ago, ADour said:

I'm still surprised by the lack of figures for the movie so far. I know that this was a special case, and a lot of stuff was kept under wraps, but other companies like Diamond Select Toys, Funko and LEGO have managed to showcase a wide arrange of products with the characters' new appearances. Endgame is arguably the biggest Marvel movie ever, so the lack of merchandise from Hasbro's part is pretty jarring. Just to be clear, I wouldn't expect them to jump right in with stuff revealed much later on like Iron Man MK 85, but I think it would have made sense to have by now figures like Team Suit Thor, an appropriate Team Suit Iron Man, Captain America with his new uniform, and either War Machine MK V or MK VI.

I also found it disappointing that these two Endgame waves are to the brim with comic figures. I understand why movie-related waves include comic figures, and I'm not saying they should've been all-movie waves, but I feel like Hasbro leaned a bit too hard on that aspect of the BaF which is to use them to incentivize buyers to buy other figures. Please tell me if I'm being snobbish for being disappointed that for a wave released to coincide with a movie, only 2 out of 7 figures belong to that film (barring the BaF). If we assume the next wave will also have seven figures, there will be again only two slots left for Endgame-related figures. I can only hope Hasbro pulls an all-movie series for a theoretical third wave to fill-in all the missing spots.

To be honest I'm not surprised that there isn't that many Endgame Figures given there isn't that many new looks and the Quantum Suit 2 Pack does about 5 characters. Also I'm glad there are more comic figures, given of movie figures have similar looks anyways, so it is nice to get someone different.

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

We know some of the characters for wave 2

True, but I think that wave looks pretty good.  Classic Loki is long overdue (even if I might prefer Simonson Loki), I'm a mark for Union Jack (one of my favorite Marvel C-listers), Shuri's a must-have to complete the MCU Wakanda bunch, and Beta Ray Bill is long overdue for an update.  Rock Python's the only loser of the bunch for me and even then at least he's a Serpent Society member to help fill out that group.

6 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

True, but I think that wave looks pretty good.  Classic Loki is long overdue (even if I might prefer Simonson Loki), I'm a mark for Union Jack (one of my favorite Marvel C-listers), Shuri's a must-have to complete the MCU Wakanda bunch, and Beta Ray Bill is long overdue for an update.  Rock Python's the only loser of the bunch for me and even then at least he's a Serpent Society member to help fill out that group.

I agree it so far looks like a good wave with Rock Python being the old weak link so far, but at least he's a new character and not another MCU Cap or Iron Man

57 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, my only genuine quibble with Rock Python is that there are a bunch of other Serpent Society members I'd rather have seen (Like...almost any of them, honestly), but hopefully they'll get around to them eventually.

True, but at the same time, if the did all the famous/obvious characters first, then we would just have nobodies later down the line

26 minutes ago, leokearon said:

True, but at the same time, if the did all the famous/obvious characters first, then we would just have nobodies later down the line

Oh, I know.  But honestly Rock Python is pretty much the nobodiest of the Serpent Society, and the Serpent Society as a whole hasn't been super-prominent for...quite a while.  I know there was a recent storyline that utilized them but even so....the Serpent Society as a whole are pretty much "nobodies" for all but pretty old-school comic readers at this point.  But it's right in my sweet nostalgia spot because I first really started to get into Captain America during Gruenwald's run.

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

To be honest I'm not surprised that there isn't that many Endgame Figures given there isn't that many new looks and the Quantum Suit 2 Pack does about 5 characters. Also I'm glad there are more comic figures, given of movie figures have similar looks anyways, so it is nice to get someone different.

In my comment I mentioned a few characters that could've been made. I'm not saying all of them should've been made, but there was enough to balance out the 2:7 Endgame/non-Endgame figure ratio in the wave. Team Suit Thor, War Machine MK V, War Machine MK VI, Team Suit War Machine, regular Captain America. Tentatively Team Suit Hulk and regular Hulk as well, considering Age of Ultron Hulk was a single-carded figure. Stretching it, we could include regular Black Widow, since the cloest way to get her is to kitbash Team Suit Black Widow with Infinity War Black Widow, removing the vest from the latter (and it isn't accurate, only the next best thing). I wish they had covered Team Suit Iron Man with his own figure, since he should have a unique mold with amor plating imprinted into the Team Suit.

Rock Python seems like a cost-saving figure. I've noticed this. In most waves, there seems to be at least one character who is basically just a cobbled together repaint of (mostly) existing parts. In a wave like this where Shuri and the other two rumored Endgame characters

War Machine and Rescue

likely ate up most of the tooling budget, someone like Rock Python and Union Jack are good for filling out the rest of a wave as cheaply as possible.

11 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Rock Python seems like a cost-saving figure. I've noticed this. In most waves, there seems to be at least one character who is basically just a cobbled together repaint of (mostly) existing parts. In a wave like this where Shuri and the other two rumored Endgame characters

Hide contents

War Machine and Rescue

likely ate up most of the tooling budget, someone like Rock Python and Union Jack are good for filling out the rest of a wave as cheaply as possible.

I agree that this is something they clearly do it's very evident I can think of a ton of figs off my head that follow this re-use easy template in every wave I.E. : most Spider-Man's and Spider-Girl figs, Sentry, Machine Man, Batroc, Giant Man, Blizzard, Cottonmouth, Caped Comic Dr. Strange, Speed Demon, Vance Astro, Red Guardian, Ex Niliho, Beetle, Tombstone, Odinson. I bet there is tons more I just can't recall off my head, so I think it's safe to say every wave is gonna have some (probably more then one of these types.. it's cool when we only get a 1)