Figures in desperate need of a "Vintage" release

ARES410

When I was on a toy haul earlier, I noticed that certain figures are asking $70+ on the after market?!

So with that in mind, wanted to start a discussion about which figures need a re-release due to rarity etc.

90's Rogue - Gotta be able to complete the cartoon team, without taking out a mortgage on your house.

90's Jean Grey - The body they used in the Jubilee BAF wave isn't aging well. Bring the ruckus!

90's Cyclops - I hope you're noticing a trend. BAF or no, nostalgia is gonna compel people to assemble the TV suits.

Iceman - Just use the Astral Dr. Strange body, keep his feet and "Icy parts" and he's done.

Omega Red - Every line should have one villain. Give him some bendy coils, and no one will cry about buying another Omega.

Spy Wolverine - Every X Men line needs a Wolvy (federal law, or something...) instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, give him his Weapon X/S.H.I.E.L.D. suit, with all the extra weapons and everything!

Who else needs to be added to the list? Who should be removed? Who makes you list? Comment below.

I figure my choice isn't far-fetched since the Black Panther vintage release used his modern look, so this is what I would like:

A re-issue of the Heroic Age Iron Man from 2013. While I already have it, a re-release of this figure would fit well with one of the purposes of the vintage waves which is to provide new fans with a good array of "starter figures" for their collection. The Heroic Age Iron Man is a much better figure than the Neo-Classic Iron Man from the first wave and it's a suit that serves the "ultimate" interpretation of modern Iron Man. On a more self-serving note, I would also hope that a re-release of this figure includes more accessories than the original version, namely that comic book Tony Stark head that only appeared in that UK Disney Store exclusive Iron Man / Cap / Thor / Hulk / Ultron 5-pack.

Disney-Store-Exclusive-Marvel-Legends-Ir

if this is a thread about figures already available previously needing a re-release in Vintage packing (for easier purchase) (rather then buying them at their inflated current prices)

I am going with

Comic Captain Marvel

Spiderman 2099

Ghostrider

Ms. Marvel (un-boxed set'd)

Comic GOTG (Un-boxed set'd)

Comic Hela (Un-Boxed Set'd)

those come to mind

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

if this is a thread about figures already available previously needing a re-release in Vintage packing (for easier purchase) (rather then buying them at their inflated current prices)

I am going with

Comic Captain Marvel

Spiderman 2099

Ghostrider

Ms. Marvel (un-boxed set'd)

Comic GOTG (Un-boxed set'd)

Comic Hela (Un-Boxed Set'd)

those come to mind

I could use a Carol Danvers comic Ms. Marvel as well! I’m adding Bafs to my list, as Hasbro has re-released them though not in “Vintage” packaging... Another I’d like to add is The Blob baf! 

• 2 months later...

IMO I'd go for

Edit!: wait wait! How about a Mary Jane Watson figure single packaged XD uuf i nearly forgot about that.

Edit 2: of course my mind is failing me once again, but I'd also love to see a Falcon comic version as well.

Ms Marvel (Warbird/single packaged)

Doctor Strange (Classic comic design)

Scarlet Witch (Classic comic design but without those pesky high heels)

Quicksilver (Single packaged since i know there is the three set of Magneto, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch)

I would like to mention other names but i can't at the moment so these are my thoughts, but especially a doctor strange would do :).

On 4/20/2019 at 1:05 AM, ARES410 said:

Iceman - Just use the Astral Dr. Strange body, keep his feet and "Icy parts" and he's done.

Omega Red - Every line should have one villain. Give him some bendy coils, and no one will cry about buying another Omega.

I know he hadn't been announced when you made this post, but Iceman's on his way. I'm confused by your choice of Omega Red, though. He just came out last year, and is still pretty available at MSRP. I wouldn't argue about the others, though. Maybe Cyclops and Jean will happen in the rumoured three-pack.

• 3 months later...

Hasbro cheaped out on the "vintage" Ant-Man they made a while ago. Its merely a repainted version of the "Black Ant"/Eric O'Grady character. They didn't even bother to alter the Ant-Man's helmet. So, it would be great to release the true Ant-Man; they don't have to make the helmet removable (Like Toybiz's excellent choice) but they need to at least make him accurate.

Sign the petition!

ant-man-toy-01.jpg

I am glad that my list has already wanted figures for this line. So:

Danvers Second Ms Marvel Costume (Powered Head and effects maybe)

Jessica Drew Classic Spider-Woman Costume maybe additional masked head without hair  

Monica Rambue Captain Marvel Classic suit. 

Moon Knight classic white suit or black and white suit with new hood. 

Classic Iron First. 

Mid 2000s Falcon

Dark Phoenix 

Original Spider-Man 2099 

On 10/10/2019 at 1:59 AM, Atlantis said:

Hasbro cheaped out on the "vintage" Ant-Man they made a while ago. Its merely a repainted version of the "Black Ant"/Eric O'Grady character. They didn't even bother to alter the Ant-Man's helmet. So, it would be great to release the true Ant-Man; they don't have to make the helmet removable (Like Toybiz's excellent choice) but they need to at least make him accurate.

Sign the petition!

ant-man-toy-01.jpg

Ant-Man is one of my favorite Marvel heroes, and I was so happy to get him in the vintage wave that I forgave them for simply repainting the Black Ant version. Yes, I would absolutely love a new version with a helmet that is more comic accurate. However... the version that we got isn't bad. I think of him as a more stylized version of when Scott Lang took over.

But I would love to see a whole Hank Pym set (yes, another one!) that includes classic Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, Goliath, and Professor Pym from his West Coast Avengers days. 

5 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Ant-Man is one of my favorite Marvel heroes, and I was so happy to get him in the vintage wave that I forgave them for simply repainting the Black Ant version. Yes, I would absolutely love a new version with a helmet that is more comic accurate. However... the version that we got isn't bad. I think of him as a more stylized version of when Scott Lang took over.

But I would love to see a whole Hank Pym set (yes, another one!) that includes classic Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, Goliath, and Professor Pym from his West Coast Avengers days. 

You are more forgiving than I. I saw that move as disregard for one of Marvel's founding age characters, and unthinkable laziness.

I did get the Ant-Man large set from a few years ago....never thought I'd see the blue/yellow Goliath suit in action figure form, so very happy to get it, even if he wasn't in giant size form. I too hope we get a Yellowjacket, original Ant-Man, and the red/blue/yellow Goliath suit soon.

panel_avg028b.jpg

On 10/14/2019 at 9:14 PM, RyanDaly said:

I agree that the Ant- Man we got wasn’t bad at all. I can live with the helmet but would take a more accurate one.

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

I agree that the Ant- Man we got wasn’t bad at all. I can live with the helmet but would take a more accurate one.

Given the level of detail and accuracy that we already know they're capable of, even when theyre doing less popular/less known characters, giving him this hand-me-down helmet with a simple paint job, is pure laziness.

Its fairly clear: if Hasbro was selling this repainted emaciated figure alongside a more accurate FA version, the correct version would sell far faster and in greater volume. So why not do it right in the first place?