Marvel Legends Blunder

DewonScott89

30 minutes ago, DewonScott89 said:

So I was in my local Walmart when I spotted this marvel legends figure, see if you can spot whats wrong with it.

IMG_20190419_063251.jpg

Seems like the usual Wal-Mart business (at least in my areas) Seems like we have M'Baku body and not Thanos

Here is a fantastic one I found not to long ago at my Wal-Mart I had to laugh at hard

dumbsymbiote.jpg

18 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh here is another one a buddy of mine found, this one rules , it appears to be vintage vision with a vintage punisher head, no rocket, and invisible woman from that movie figure series

whathtelegend.jpg

What if The Punisher was the Vision and called himself Thor?

1 hour ago, mako said:

Glad you're amused. It's hard enough finding these things when all you have to worry about is spotty distribution, retailer indifference,, on-line mark-ups, brick 'n mortars dropping like flies, and HONEST competition.

I don't need these F-tards peeing in the well. My only solace is that these ball-washers are to bloody stupid to realize, at 19.99 a pop (39.99 for two-packs), it odesn't take that many five finger discounts at all to graduate from annoying misdemeanor to felony. Then all it takes is getting caught once, and you're explaining to some lonely tattooed gang-banger how you were sent up for stealing Captain America dolls. 

Yeah, I'm bitter.

I agree as much as I am amused it's solely now because it is such common place for me to see these things, I guess here in Canada with the price tag of 29.99 a figure and about 69.99 or more for 2 packs, 3 packs being about 100, this happens alot, and extra specially at Wal-Mart, it really pisses me off personally, because I barely see alot of figures around where I am I need to go at least 40 minutes to get to anywhere where I might find better stock or stock at all and those are always run down because they are in central traffic areas, if I wanna find any jack pot I need a car and a couple hours, so yeah I get it it sucks alot, Canada is a hard place for ML collectors, but in the end you just got to laugh that some jerk was pulling a fast one and the employees are so daft they had no clue, really strikes me pathetic you need to resort to stealing toys, if you are going to be such a thief go snatch something worth while

On 4/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, Podtera said:

I think this one was an actual hasbro blunder, I’ve double checked the tape and it appears to have never bern purchased. I bought it for the hands, as I will eventually change out the lightning hands on my Electro (Space Venom wave). 

09C40C28-4BB4-4574-A8C6-DDE49E98F442.jpeg

588273EA-8709-4451-BEA6-1234AF57C50D.jpeg

That's weird if it is a Hasbro blunder, doesn't look right too me, But who knows I'm sure Hasbro most certainly has had a few blunders here and there. I don't know why it would be a human done thing though since everything is intact and nothing was taken it's just the wrong box

I doubt its a blunder. Someone probably just hung onto the plastic tray for Iron Fist, bought either Vision or Doc Strange, then shoved Iron Fist and the tray into the Vision/Strange box and returned it.  Its a bit weird since its a fairly neutral swap (none of the 3 figs are particularly rare or valuable afaik) and while Hulkbuster is a cooler BAF than Odin, iirc Odin's legs were kind of hard to come by later on.   My guess is the swapper was close to finishing Hulkbuster and wanted the piece for free. I'm surprised they actually included all the hands and Odin's leg since most of the time swappers just throw in a fig and random junk.  

24 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I doubt its a blunder. Someone probably just hung onto the plastic tray for Iron Fist, bought either Vision or Doc Strange, then shoved Iron Fist and the tray into the Vision/Strange box and returned it.  Its a bit weird since its a fairly neutral swap (none of the 3 figs are particularly rare or valuable afaik) and while Hulkbuster is a cooler BAF than Odin, iirc Odin's legs were kind of hard to come by later on.   My guess is the swapper was close to finishing Hulkbuster and wanted the piece for free. I'm surprised they actually included all the hands and Odin's leg since most of the time swappers just throw in a fig and random junk.  

Lol! I bought especially for the hands and when i got home I was shocked to see the back of the packaging was for doctor strange/vision... upon further inspection, I saw no tampering? The original tape was intact, with no tape over? Pretty weird

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

This is an oldie but a goodie... a joke based on all the swap pics but i'd love to see hasbro make a blunder like this lol
swap.thumb.PNG.7c855a8883d737ea911b807198c833e9.PNG

Hhahaah I've seen this before, hell though for that price I would have bought that swapper b.s. and all that figure is worth more then 19.87, but also how did this get past the employees are they that moronic, really when is a figure packaged like that? , they really just don't care at all what they are selling

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just checked out one of my local Wal-Marts and found this fantastic swap blunder trash

someone took the BAF parts and switched em with peices of Scarlet Witch Titan Hero Fig

MarvelLegendsBlunder.jpg

I don't know what's worse, someone chopped by a toy just for Parts Swap or the fact the need that Thor and Cull Obsidian BAF

Yet, if anyone has ever tried to bring this issue to the employee's or even management's attention, you'll understand it's a total lost cause. They simply don't care. Most of the people working at these big box stores are just on the payroll trying to make a living. They could simply care less it the mega million dollar corporation looses $20. Furthermore, there seems to be an intentional move for stores like Walmart and Target to place people in charge of departments where they have little knowledge and little interest in the products they are charged to oversee. I understand it's in an effort to prevent the management from cherry picking or holding back products of their own personal preference to purchase with an employee discount, but at least the company is being paid for the product rather than putting a tampered with product back on the shelf and eventually being written off as a total loss or massive discount. Alas, this is a problem that's never gonna go away, and in all honesty, if anyone has ever worked at one of these stores, you'll know that you could most likely just walk in, pull the product off the shelf and walk out with it before most people have realize what happened. And even if someone did take notice, it's most management's policy that no employee give chase for something as insignificant as $20. No one wants to get stabbed for the price of a large lunch and everyone knows that comic and toy nerds are a violent, volatile bunch.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yet, if anyone has ever tried to bring this issue to the employee's or even management's attention, you'll understand it's a total lost cause. They simply don't care. Most of the people working at these big box stores are just on the payroll trying to make a living. They could simply care less it the mega million dollar corporation looses $20. Furthermore, there seems to be an intentional move for stores like Walmart and Target to place people in charge of departments where they have little knowledge and little interest in the products they are charged to oversee. I understand it's in an effort to prevent the management from cherry picking or holding back products of their own personal preference to purchase with an employee discount, but at least the company is being paid for the product rather than putting a tampered with product back on the shelf and eventually being written off as a total loss or massive discount. Alas, this is a problem that's never gonna go away, and in all honesty, if anyone has ever worked at one of these stores, you'll know that you could most likely just walk in, pull the product off the shelf and walk out with it before most people have realize what happened. And even if someone did take notice, it's most management's policy that no employee give chase for something as insignificant as $20. No one wants to get stabbed for the price of a large lunch and everyone knows that comic and toy nerds are a violent, volatile bunch.

Yeah number one problem with all of this swapping and stealing is that the employees don't care, and as you said have no interest in caring, I have more then one Wal-Mart where this is such commonplace in fact there is a Wal-Mart that I go to that has never had a non messed up swapped out Legend for over 15 months, they usually having nothing at all but when they do they have been botched, I have brought it to the attention of several employees and the response is consistently the same, they have no idea the part was swapped or figure was tampered and think you are a fool for bringing it to there attention, or they lie and say they will do something about it, and then the next time I go there it's back on the shelf. I have had numerous times at Wal-Mart where I've asked why there are no Legends on the shelf at all, and if they possibly have any unstocked in the back, more then one occasion the employee says "What is a Marvel Legend?" so thats really the fact... they have No clue what they are looking at, really quite sad, I do know there is one Wal-Mart in my area that is just ravaged by one lone scalper who buys every fig, and knows when they show up, I've seen his take aways it's a real piss off

• 5 weeks later...

I used to see this crap alllllll of the time with “Modern Era” G.I.Joes. I see ML swaps every now and then, but I see it happen with 6” BS Star Wars figures most often. There’s someone in or around my town (a very small town) who plagues the local Walmart. I once took an example to someone at the service desk and he actually knew about it and chimed in with my salt on the culprit, but confessed to me that the other employees didn’t care one bit and it was difficult to stop as a result. To this day I wonder if that service desk employee might have been the swapper all along 🤔

• 4 weeks later...

Local Wal-Mart jerk is at it again

dude is still using his Scarlet Witch Hero Titan peices, as you can see he's got the leg in that Citizen V pack

I don't even know what that red thing in Nighthawks pack that is replacing the Thanos part, but Thano's weapon is replaced with The Minn-erva gun from Star Force Cap marvel, and poor living laser doesn't even have a sub peice but is missing one of his laser effects

Wal-Mart is such garbage , this is a constant thing around here, and It's the same people doing it , since they are using the same scraps over and over , wish somebody would care to stop this

legendsbULLSHIT1.jpg