Marvel Legends Blunder

DewonScott89

I actually bought I fig swap on purpose, someone replaced Dark Phoenix in the D.Phoenix Cyclops 2 pack with regular Phoenix from the Juggernaut BAF wave, but left in two of the heads (they took the "dark" head with the red eyes) so I put the wind blown head sculpt on the Phoenix I already had and used the extra body and neutral head to make my own custom Jim Lee Jean Grey.

5 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I actually bought I fig swap on purpose, someone replaced Dark Phoenix in the D.Phoenix Cyclops 2 pack with regular Phoenix from the Juggernaut BAF wave, but left in two of the heads (they took the "dark" head with the red eyes) so I put the wind blown head sculpt on the Phoenix I already had and used the extra body and neutral head to make my own custom Jim Lee Jean Grey.

I'm pretty convinced they included so many head sculpts into this set for that very purpose. It's pretty well known that the fans didn't quite have the "appreciation" for the Horse Fac......errrrrr, I mean Celine Dion head sculpt as the creative team thought we would. Although all any extra head sculpts are always a good thing, I really can't see any other reason they would include two of the same head sculpts. Her Dark Phoenix persona basically consisted of the red costume and whited out eyes (or very small meth head type pupils) and Marvel Girl wore the green costume with regular eyes. A clever, and much appreciated, way of correcting a mistake. In all honesty I actually bought a second set (the first one I kept MIB) more for the extra head sculpts than the figures themselves.

4 minutes ago, Darth_Primus said:

Yeah, I doubt these "blunders" are actual blunders, but rather collectors taking advantage of unsuspecting store clerks.   I don't know how the people that knowingly deceive stores by returning swapped BAF parts/figures can live with themselves.   They might as well just right out steal the figures from the store. 

Well... they are stealing from the store. I mean, they take the figures home paying, then give them back swapped and getting their money back. So they are, essentially, pulling a heist.

15 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

What monstrosity is that?

yeah that's what I thought , it appears to be DC Multiverse Diana figure painted yellow with the Scream head and one of Screams arms but it's kinda hard to tell , because it seems both of the arms are really messed up , one of the arms isn't even a full arm, so it blew my mind, someone I guess really wanted a scream body but didn't care about having the head, and maybe didn't want a Diana figure except for her head it's really weird, people are wack

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah that's what I thought , it appears to be DC Multiverse Diana figure painted yellow with the Scream head and one of Screams arms but it's kinda hard to tell , because it seems both of the arms are really messed up , one of the arms isn't even a full arm, so it blew my mind, someone I guess really wanted a scream body but didn't care about having the head, and maybe didn't want a Diana figure except for her head it's really weird, people are wack

Scream uses the Moonstone body mold, bet it was for a custom

• 3 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, mako said:

Glad you're amused. It's hard enough finding these things when all you have to worry about is spotty distribution, retailer indifference,, on-line mark-ups, brick 'n mortars dropping like flies, and HONEST competition.

I don't need these F-tards peeing in the well. My only solace is that these ball-washers are to bloody stupid to realize, at 19.99 a pop (39.99 for two-packs), it odesn't take that many five finger discounts at all to graduate from annoying misdemeanor to felony. Then all it takes is getting caught once, and you're explaining to some lonely tattooed gang-banger how you were sent up for stealing Captain America dolls.

Yeah, I'm bitter.

Justifiably so.