Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man: Far From Home Entire Wave Revealed

JayC

10 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Wow, Hasbro just made a huge Golden turd & called it Molten Man & some of you actually are OK with  that & want it?  Only figs in this wave I'll be getting are Scorpion & Spiderwoman. I'll be selling off the 2 Golden turd BAF parts on ebay. They cheapened out on giving Hydro man regular arms to swap out with the water arms, other wise, I woulda bought him as well.  I do wanna thank Hasbro for saving me $$ on the past 2 Spiderman waves. Just want Kingpin, Scorps & Julia from these 2 waves. Same for the happy meal BAF Kree figure wave. Just got GG from that sorry looking wave. 

Meh! Considering a comic MM woulda been little more than a gold painted Grey Gargoyle I'm not that upset. Let's face it, this so-called Molten Man is just the MCU's attempt at redoing Sandman without actually redoing Sandman cuz this MM really has nothing in common with the comic version. Also, it's worth noting that once they start delving into characters like SP//DR they're really starting to run out of characters from the Spider-Verse to use as the BAF. This was really the only option that made sense at this point. As the wave is pretty strong (for a movie wave), I'll be getting the entire thing anyway. I'll reserve judgement on MM till I have it in hand. I've been fooled by official images before. On the other hand I'm pretty sure the Doppleganger will not look anywhere near as good as the official image and considering he'll be done on the same buck as the 6X Spidey, he will be way too small. Whaddaya gonna do? Every wave has to have that storage bin ready figure. In this case they're utilizing the same buck to make twice the amount of crap. At least they're being ecconomical about it.

I haven't even seen the King Pin wave come out yet in my area and now this wave supposed to hit soon. I don't want all of them but how the hell is a normal hard working guy supposed to keep up. I used to be able to get whole sets now I have to pick and choose and sometimes not at all. Prices keep going up too. Why can't they spread things out a little so us little guys can keep collecting.  

1 minute ago, MIKE said:

I haven't even seen the King Pin wave come out yet in my area and now this wave supposed to hit soon. I don't want all of them but how the hell is a normal hard working guy supposed to keep up. I used to be able to get whole sets now I have to pick and choose and sometimes not at all. Prices keep going up too. Why can't they spread things out a little so us little guys can keep collecting.  

I feel the same way, and it sucks. Plus I'm running out of room to place my collection. Most of it is stored and it makes me wonder why I even bother anymore.

10 hours ago, monron999 said:

Also, it's worth noting that once they start delving into characters like SP//DR they're really starting to run out of characters from the Spider-Verse to use as the BAF. This was really the only option that made sense at this point.

There's a ton of Spider-Slayers I would rather have had first (but then I don't really do movie figs).

1 hour ago, MIKE said:

I don't this wave is coming out that soon, is it?  Amazon says 7/15 (although since the movie comes out in early July i'd expect this wave to show up before that).   Also since this wave has a movie tie-in, I suspect we'll see more of it at major retailers than the Kingpin wave, which really had no tie-in to anything (well, i guess Kingpin ties into the Spider-verse movie). 

I hear you, though... the only wave i've bought all the figures for is the 2nd Black Panther, I've been cherry picking the rest of the waves for must-have figures and waiting on sales for some of the others.  But hey, i'd rather have too many waves than too few.  (see DC Multiverse, for example).  

5 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

So instead of making a human looking Molten man that  looks way better, they go with molten slag/turd version? And I thought the Spy/der/happy meals toy Kree Sentry BAFs were bad, Hasbro tops them with this gem.  

moltenman2.jpg

moltenslag.jpg

I think Hasbro  A) went by the mcu version that didn't appear all that human looking  and B) was attempting to make a figure similar to the popular/well-received DC Multiverse Clayface BAF (which looks even more like a turd than Molten Man).     

Also, seems like lately Hasbro doesn't like to include comic versions of movie characters in mcu waves. I think Thor Ragnarok was the last wave that did that, right?  Neither BP wave had any comic BP figures, the Cap Marvel wave didn't have comic Carol or Mar-vell, etc.  I suppose their reasoning is that it would confuse customers looking for the movie characters, although i don't find that argument very convincing.

31 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Only customers it would confuse are the "don't know crap bout Marvel characters but thru the MCU" crowd.  A BAF of comic based Stegron would have been much preferred & tons better than molten turd man.

stegron.jpg

Stegron 2.jpg

Agreed, Stegron would be a pretty sweet BAF  (especially if its anything close to Sauron's quality level).  He's gotta be coming in one of these Spider-waves, right?  

6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I don't this wave is coming out that soon, is it?  Amazon says 7/15 (although since the movie comes out in early July i'd expect this wave to show up before that).   Also since this wave has a movie tie-in, I suspect we'll see more of it at major retailers than the Kingpin wave, which really had no tie-in to anything (well, i guess Kingpin ties into the Spider-verse movie). 

I hear you, though... the only wave i've bought all the figures for is the 2nd Black Panther, I've been cherry picking the rest of the waves for must-have figures and waiting on sales for some of the others.  But hey, i'd rather have too many waves than too few.  (see DC Multiverse, for example).  

Pulse has it for 6/23 so it will more than likely come out before that (probably the start of June), considering Pulse had the Caliban wave pegged for 5/1 and those figures are already showing up at US Bestbuys.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, watanabefan said:

Shocking: Company puts movie figure in wave released to capitalize on movie. Footage at 11.

Lol, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. You can't expect every Spidey wave to be all comic figs. And cut ole Molten Man some slack. We all know the real turd of this wave is that half-ass attempt at a Doppleganger figure.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Lol, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. You can't expect every Spidey wave to be all comic figs. And cut ole Molten Man some slack. We all know the real turd of this wave is that half-ass attempt at a Doppleganger figure.

I like the Doppelganger figure. 

• 1 month later...

This is an end cap at a Target store in southern Minneapolis for Spiderman far from home. We have a lot of Targets here. I check regularly about 10 of them. There is not one marvel legends from the movie at any of them. They just put old spidey figs on the pegs. Target here did the exact same thing with the end game figures. Not one end game figure ever showed up but they put a bunch of infinity war figures instead.  Sorry about the long rant. The distribution of marvel legends just erks me to no end. I like supporting the brick and morter but am seriously considering buying all on line.  

20190627_121440.jpg

I think the only figures in the wave I'll pass on are the Doppelganger and the Upgraded suit Spider-Man. I'd rather get the SHF one cuz this ML looks like #$##. The bright and shiny red makes the figure look like a very childish McDonald's toy. And I know you can barely see the web lines on the suit in the movie which is probably why they didn't paint them black but I've seen people paint it in and it looks so much better. This figure has a very lazy paint job and I think the SHF is far more superior.