Avengers: Endgame Non-Spoiler Movie Review

JayC

Marvel has been building up to this moment for the past 11 years, and I must say that Endgame does a great job delivering the final payoff for those who watched since the first Iron Man movie debuted. The movie is truly an emotional roller coster from start to finish that will leave you crying, laughing and wondering, sometimes all at the same time.

There is not much I can tell you about the overall story without spoiling it for you. Despite the TV spots, trailers and even leaked footage, you still will have a hard time knowing where this movie is going to take you. If you think you know what’s going to happen, you’re probably wrong.

The overall premise sees the Avengers who survived Thanos try to rectify their ultimate failure, regardless of cost. While the movie is more than three hours, I can honestly tell you that it did not feel that long while I was watching it. Unlike Infinity War, which was pretty much non-stop action, this one does have some lulls - just enough to catch your breath for the next emotional ride. The movie does a great job of incorporating aspects from all the movies building to this one and includes some nice nods to the comics. The special effects were nice even with all the CGI they used, and they do use a lot of CGI especially towards the end. When I go see this movie again (and I will be seeing it again), I want to watch it on an IMAX screen because I think some of the battle scenes will look incredible.

The movie isn’t perfect though. There are a few things I found a little confusing which I can’t really elaborate on without spoiling the movie, but I think they will make you go hmmm. Some plot pieces fall into place for convenience rather than plausibility. I am also not happy with some of the outcomes for certain characters, but that’s more of a personal preference than an actual fault of the movie. Still this movie does a lot, and I think they did a pretty good job of managing it all.

To sum up, I think this movie lives up to its name and does a great job bringing things full circle. Where things go from here is hard to say, but I am glad to have been along for the ride these past 11 years. The final payoff did not disappoint.

Grade: A-

Once you've seen the movie for yourself feel free to share your own thoughts about it below in the COMMENTS SECTION.

1 of 1

Just watched it and I agree with most of your assessments. I didn't like the end tho.  I saw either some plot holes that were intentional for the future movies or  mistakes. Because in some instances and not a few, a lot of things that happen don't make sense at all.