Rumor Report - Complete Lineup For Marvel Legends X-Force And Vintage X-Men Waves

JayC

Some new retail computer listings have come to light first reported I believe by rektangular giving us a hint at the final figures for Hasbro's new X-Force and Vintage X-Men Marvel Legends waves.

The figures for these waves Hasbro confirmed at Toy Fair back in February include

Confirmed For X-Force Wave
- Boom Boom
- Cannonball (which does not appear will include alternate regular legs)
- Mr. Sinister
- Guardian
- Nightcrawler (No bendy wire in the tail)
-
Wendigo Build-A-Figure

The remaining figure rumored for this wave is X-Force Wolverine which will likely use the more modern Wolverine mold with X-Force colors.

Confirmed For Vintage X-Men Wave
- X-Factor Cyclops (Blue and white outfit)
- 90's Dazzler
- Silver Samurai
- Patch (Wolverine)

The vintage figures which are packaged on cardbacks made to look like the old 5" Toy Biz figures do not include Build-A-Figure pieces. The two remaining figures for this wave are rumored to be Storm and Iceman. Both likely to be based on Jim Lee art styles for the characters to round out the remaining X-Men figures in that style. We know Hasbro is releasing a Jim Lee style Colossus in their Marvel 80th Anniversary line. For Storm, our guess is she will have the more silver looking costume as opposed to black. Iceman will likely be a reuse of the Iceman they recently released with a new non-ice jagged headsculpt and an 'X' featured on his belt.

We want to stress that NONE of these RUMORED figures are actually confirmed by Hasbro despite how some might report it. Things like retail listings can and do sometimes change and as for the outfits the figures will be wearing, that is more our speculation than anything, so keep that in mind.

X-Force-01.jpg

X-Force-02.jpg

X-Force-03.jpg

X-Force-04.jpg

X-Force-05.jpg

X-Force-06.jpg

00-X-Force-Wave-2.jpg

00-X-Men-Vintage-Wave-1.jpg

X-Men-Vintage-Wave-01.jpg

X-Men-Vintage-Wave-02.jpg

X-Men-Vintage-Wave-03.jpg

X-Men-Vintage-Wave-04.jpg

X-Men-Vintage-Wave-05.jpg

25 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

Finally get a decent cannonbal and he doesn't come with legs? Whose bright idea was that? It's like hydro man coming with no arms. God damn cheapskate mother *******

At least Hydro Man has arms (water one granted). Cannonball having no legs is really bad, even worse the blast effect seems to be static.

23 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

Finally get a decent cannonbal and he doesn't come with legs? Whose bright idea was that? It's like hydro man coming with no arms. God damn cheapskate mother *******

People have been fussing about this since ToyFair back in February.  I believe that the Hasbro rep told the fwoosh guys that the budget didn't allow for both blast effect and legs so since they couldn't include both they went with blast effect.  Guess we'll have to wait and see whether this figure sells poorly as a result (i suspect a lot of the folks complaining about him will still end up buying him and then continue to complain about it... which, hey, that's their right).   It doesn't bother me personally since i would probably pose him with the blast effect 90% of the time even if he came with legs... but then i'm not really a huge Cannonball fan to begin with, just glad to get some more new mutants to team up with Warlock and Magik.

The X-force wave is shaping up to potentially be my favorite wave of the year (80th anniv stuff aside), as all 6 characters have at least some appeal for me.  The Vintage wave also seems pretty nice; currently my only must-have is Silver Samurai but I would probably get Storm and Ice-Man. Might end up grabbing Dazzler too.  

38 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It is strange it is going called an X-Force Wave, with only half the characters are X-Force

I don't know if anyone is calling it that except for the fans.  Maybe Hasbro has and I missed it though.

I'm pretty stoked on almost all of these!  Storm and Iceman would be very welcome if true!  Not really much interest in the X-Force Wolverine, but that's a me thing, not a him thing.  Nightcrawler looks fine (except for the rigid tail - come on!) but probably not good enough to bump his Toybiz predecessor off the shelf the way that many of the Hasbro redos have been lately.

I hope hope hope we get an alternate head for Wendigo somewhere down the line.  The one we're getting right now looks great and it's cool to see the modern interpretations getting love, but I'd like something a little closer to the John Byrne / Georges Baptiste incarnation.  Bet we'll see a lot of mods using the old Hulk wave head on the new BAF body.

12 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

It doesn't bother me personally since i would probably pose him with the blast effect 90% of the time even if he came with legs...

Same.  I'm bummed about it and I definitely would have wanted the legs, but I know deep down I'd almost never use them.

Hey, Hasbro:  next time, maybe do him in a bigger package at a slightly higher price point, like the EE exclusive Archangel?

15 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

I don't know if anyone is calling it that except for the fans.  Maybe Hasbro has and I missed it though.

I'm pretty stoked on almost all of these!  Storm and Iceman would be very welcome if true!  Not really much interest in the X-Force Wolverine, but that's a me thing, not a him thing.  Nightcrawler looks fine (except for the rigid tail - come on!) but probably not good enough to bump his Toybiz predecessor off the shelf the way that many of the Hasbro redos have been lately.

I hope hope hope we get an alternate head for Wendigo somewhere down the line.  The one we're getting right now looks great and it's cool to see the modern interpretations getting love, but I'd like something a little closer to the John Byrne / Georges Baptiste incarnation.  Bet we'll see a lot of mods using the old Hulk wave head on the new BAF body.

Sounds like a fan term.

Yeah liking everything so far barring the rumoured X-Force Logan. 

Don't really care for the Wendigo BAF, but that's probably because I managed to get the Fin Fang Foom wave Wendigo for €2 at a Car Boot Sale

11 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Same.  I'm bummed about it and I definitely would have wanted the legs, but I know deep down I'd almost never use them.

Hey, Hasbro:  next time, maybe do him in a bigger package at a slightly higher price point, like the EE exclusive Archangel?

Cannonball probably would have worked better as a "deluxe" figure like Warren, that way they could have included legs and blast effect and maybe a alt googles down head.

11 minutes ago, Hogun said:

I got rid of the Punk Rock Storm figure because she made me feel uncomfortable. So, I'm hoping they'll release a Storm without the mohawk.

Hopefully. it will be the Jim Lee look or her first appearance (or for me, her later 90's look)

14 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Cannonball probably would have worked better as a "deluxe" figure like Warren, that way they could have included legs and blast effect and maybe a alt googles down head.

I agree, a deluxe treatment would've been ideal altho i have no idea how much that might hinder or boost sales.   I guess it depends on how Archangel sold, and Cannoball's perceived popularity/toyetic-ness relative to Archangel.  I'm not the most in touch with 90s stuff but my perception is that Archangel was a pretty in-demand figure, especially with the aftermarket prices on the previous versions and that nice set of wings to fiddle around with. Not sure about Cannonball.   But a deluxe treatment might have been a better option.  I don't know how well archangel sold, anecdotally it seems like most people were able to find him on sale somewhere below $30 and it doesn't seem like that bodes well for the deluxe line. Plus i only ever saw him in the wild at Gamestop... did WM or Target carry the deluxe line in places?  they didn't locally at least.

Looking good! I really hope the Guardian figure still has the metallic paint on it's production version...though that grumpy old man scowly mouth is a mild disappointment. Ah well. I'm sure we're getting the Jim Lee era Storm, but man oh man...Hasbro...the Classic version! We need a Classic Storm already!...And not on the waify body they've been using for most of their ladies lately, but on either of the previous molds that have booty :)

Cannon Ball...That is an odd choice in not giving him regular legs. It's frustrating to hear that such a megacorp. won't pay up to tool and extra set of legs! Same with the non-bendy tail for Nightcrawler. Not a deal-breaker on Nightcrawler though, but he stills a good enough replacement for the Toybiz version. Glad to hear he's double packed too!

42 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

We need a Classic Storm already!...And not on the waify body they've been using for most of their ladies lately, but on either of the previous molds that have booty :)

Couldn't agree more.  How weird is it that such a popular character in such a popular uniform has never been attempted as a Legends figure?  All you said was "Classic Storm" and everybody instantly knows exactly which look you're talking about.  Still, 18 years on and never even a bad version.  So weird.

51 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Looking good! I really hope the Guardian figure still has the metallic paint on it's production version...though that grumpy old man scowly mouth is a mild disappointment. Ah well. I'm sure we're getting the Jim Lee era Storm, but man oh man...Hasbro...the Classic version! We need a Classic Storm already!...And not on the waify body they've been using for most of their ladies lately, but on either of the previous molds that have booty :)

Cannon Ball...That is an odd choice in not giving him regular legs. It's frustrating to hear that such a megacorp. won't pay up to tool and extra set of legs! Same with the non-bendy tail for Nightcrawler. Not a deal-breaker on Nightcrawler though, but he stills a good enough replacement for the Toybiz version. Glad to hear he's double packed too!

This!! No skinny-Minnie Storm!!  Use the same buck as the JUBILEE BAF wave Storm with some meat on her bones!!

@RecklessEndangerment @Starlord67 You're both right, and I'm surprised how many people have mistaken the Cockrum/Byrne version as the Jim Lee design. I do hope that Hasbro gets around to it one day but I'm excited to get the classic Colossus.

26 minutes ago, joenubb said:

@RecklessEndangerment @Starlord67 You're both right, and I'm surprised how many people have mistaken the Cockrum/Byrne version as the Jim Lee design. I do hope that Hasbro gets around to it one day but I'm excited to get the classic Colossus.

The only difference between the two is a slight artist interpretation. It like saying the byrne tiger stripe is a different costume to the one jim lee drew. Same costume different artist.

But yes it does annoy me when they call it jim lee when it was only most of women and cyclops he designed as the rest kept or returned to older costumes

12 hours ago, tarot said:

The only difference between the two is a slight artist interpretation. It like saying the byrne tiger stripe is a different costume to the one jim lee drew. Same costume different artist.

But yes it does annoy me when they call it jim lee when it was only most of women and cyclops he designed as the rest kept or returned to older costumes

Ehh, it's good enough to represent Colossus in the "Jim Lee" X-men line up. If anyone remembers, Sylvestri's Outback Colossus had no shirt and wore only trunks and a belt, giving him the appearance of, more or less, a metallic Zangief. One of Lee's first priorities was to redress the entire team and put him back into more traditional attire. His costume did also change a few times during Lee's run but for the most part it always pretty much resembled his All New X-Men uniform.

I'm not gonna nitpick too much about Colossus, but I sure as hell have a problem with the whole "no legs thing" with Cannonball. I think they did bank on the fact that the demand had been high enough that most fans would be willing to sacrifice the legs. That's ridiculous though, if the effect was so important why didn't they make it where it looks like he's flying through the sky at a rapid rate to really represent his powers? I'm sure most of us could figure out a way to suspend him in our displays even if they didn't include an action stand and if kids are really playing with the figure it sure looks funny when they are pretending that he's flying through the air with that awkward flat base that was clearly made for display only. It's pretty much useless to anyone who doesn't want to pose him in this perpetual "just blasting off" pose and I don't ever remember seeing him in the comics using his power to just hover a few feet of the ground. If I didn't want the BAF so badly I could easily pass on this figure altogether. This "power effect" was a misfire either way and I'll go ahead and slot this guy's place in the Bag-N-Store part of my ML universe. At least till they get him right. It's just a sad thing all around.

19 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I agree..he's the Cockrum/Byrne version 

So long as we're being nitpicky (and I love to be nitpicky about comic book character designs) he's not really Cockrum/Byrne while he's rocking that X-logo belt buckle.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him reissued later with the classic buckle.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Ehh, it's good enough to represent Colossus in the "Jim Lee" X-men line up.

It certainly is for me.  I always thought Colossus was the weakest of Jim Lee's X-Men # 1 takes/designs.  Those new boots and gauntlets were just kind of boring compared to the older, quirkier Cockrum bands and boots.

The 80th anniversary Colossus is incorrect either way, but it's probably exactly where I would have landed had I done the design.  Cannot wait to get my mitts on him.