Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

JayC

14 hours ago, tarot said:

A source of this site and my own site has gotten onto about what some solication of these and what  they be.

https://nearcompleteset.com/2019/05/30/rumor-possible-80th-anniversary-solications/

Jean, Scott, and Logan 3-pack

Polaris and Havok 2-pack

Deadpool suits 2-pack

Agent Anti-Venom

Camouflage Punisher

Punisher War Machine 

If these are true then 

Jean, Scott, and Logan 3-pack - If this is the Jim Lee version then this will be a must for me

Polaris and Havok 2-pack - Not massively pushed with this one, it will depend on the costumes

Deadpool suits 2-pack - Yawn, more Deadpools

Agent Anti-Venom - Should be good, I actually Digibashed that one

Camouflage Punisher - Nothing exciting here

Punisher War Machine  - It was a really bad idea in the comics, but it is better than Punisher Cap

17 hours ago, tarot said:

A source of this site and my own site has gotten onto about what some solication of these and what  they be.

https://nearcompleteset.com/2019/05/30/rumor-possible-80th-anniversary-solications/

Jean, Scott, and Logan 3-pack

Polaris and Havok 2-pack

Deadpool suits 2-pack

Agent Anti-Venom

Camouflage Punisher

Punisher War Machine 

I can't say I'm too stoked about another Cyke and Wolvie, two of the most overly X-Posed characters in the Mutant-Verse, but it's peaked my interest. If I'd have to take a guess I would say a Cockrum era love triangle theme. And tho I'm sure there's plenty of us that would be happy to have a skirted & masked Jean, it be a total downer for all of us who are breathlessly waiting for a redo of the Jim Lee (sorry @tarot) era Jean.

Havok and Polaris baffles me, tho both are on my fan faves list. I'd love for them to be Peter David era themed, but their costumes were quite a bit different from the norm at that time and I'm not sure Hasbro is gonna risk the MCU budget for new specific sculpts that may not have much re-usabilty for future figures, but go ahead and feel free to prove me wrong Hasbro.

Not sure exactly what to think about the DP suits set, but I utterly hated that ridiculous Rainbow Force BS concept from the start. I'm hoping for the standard DP red & black on two alternate bucks (perhaps the Pizza Spidey & Reaper bucks) and a few extra head sculpts (Solo, Foolkiller, Slapstick, Terror) to round out the Mercs for Money roster. We already have that Madcap alternate head that kinda had us scratching our heads. Could Hasbro have been thinking that far ahead? That would really impress me.

Also, if they were to actually ever do a Masacre figure I would hope it would be done as it's own separate piece, cuz his costume is too specific (and too hilarious) not to be done right. Some tweaks to the standard DP base should be fairly do-able. Of course, it would most likely have to be done as an exclusive or through Fan Channel, cuz the PC Police would be out in full force if that thing ever hit mass retail.

Venom, Punisher and War Machine all have that Infamous Iron Man thing going. Kinda cool, a little bit different, might look good on a shelf, but overall just a lazy, uninspired and gimmicky path to an easy cash grab. Then again, the cash grab might be a means for offsetting the cost to produce original Havok & Polaris sculpts. I take back anything negative I may have insinuated toward you, Hasbro. You're freaking geniuses. I sure was hoping for a new trenchcoated Punisher and a Red, White & Blue deco War Machine, tho. Then again (again), aren't the words "variant", "repaint" and "cash grab" all synonymous these days, so one tends to train themselves not to get too disappointed with things like this. Hey, did you here were finally getting a new Quicksilver this year?!

So if you caught my latest news video on YouTube yesterday you already know this, but this weekend's reveal won't be a Fan Channel exclusive, however the X-Force wave should be going up for pre-order which will give us official confirmation and a look at the final figure in the wave which should be X-Force Wolverine. I know it's a Wolverine figure and being this is a X-Foce wave I can't imagine anything other than Hasbro using the newest Wolverine mold and giving it X-Force colors. We should also get updated looks at the rest of the wave. I'm sure the latest Gamestop flyer will start circulating sometime later today showing them, but expect hi-res images to be revealed  at Midnight on Saturday when the wave starts going up for pre-order, assuming they dont get released earlier.

01-X-Force-Wave-2__scaled_600.jpg

God, I hope it's not Morrison-era X-Men. I'd be okay with Cockrum Jean, but that'd be pretty boring for Scott and Logan, since it'd just be a rerelease of the Dark Phoenix two-pack Cyclops and the Apocalypse-wave Wolvie (maybe with a different belt). Although, come to think of it, a 90s version would have the same problem, effectively just re-releasing the Warlock-wave Scott and likely same Wolverine.

If they go either of those directions I hope they at least give us new headsculpts for Logan, even if that just means repainting and including the vintage Wolverine heads. I really hated the profile on Apocalypse-wave's cowl. Scott should come with a mask-off head a'la vintage Wolverine too, come to think of it.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Speaking solely as an animated series fan, if we DID get a Jean, but she wan't the Jim Lee version, I'd be severely disappointed. If not Lee, then maybe one of the looks from the Simmonson days of X-Factor, any of those would be a decent "consolation prize." I could also deal with the Marvel Girl version, I wouldn't be bursting into glorious song, but I could deal with it. Basically, anything but yet another iteration of Phoenix.

On a side note: The list refered to the 3-pack as "New X-Men," right? Could this be from the Morrison/Quietly days, when they all stopped wearing super-hero suits and switched to puffy black biker jackets? The book was called "New X-Men at that point, right? Maybe that's what this hypothetical set will be.

Can't say I'd be crazy for that either.

Dayam, why did you have to put that image in my head? I thought we went way back, man. That would be an absolute horroaaah! Whoever approved that clusterf**ck in the first place shoulda been drawn & quartered. Good catch on that "New" designation. Given that, I'd have to say it might be the X-Men Blue version of the team with the younger versions of Scott, Jean and Jimmy Hudson. If it isn't that maybe it's just re-releases of Jim Lee era Cyclops and Wolverine with the alternate heads we've seen with Cowboy Logan and Vintage Wave Cyclops with an all new Jean Grey. That would be best case scenario for me as I have no desire for any of that X-Men Blue nonsense.

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

I wouldn't mind if the Jean set was something else along the lines of X-men: Red Jean, an AOA (because we were supposed to get jean in that) or Ultimate set (because we were supposed to get Cyclops in that).

I really want it to be a Jim Lee set, if not an AOA set would be cool

On 5/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, tarot said:

that would be great. except beast was human-form for most of the X-Factor run. So maybe the All-New X-men set version repaint. Out of all those figure he was the only one that actually fitted the character compare to the rest who should have been teenagers.

Beast was blue and fuzzy for more of his X-Factor run than he was non-fuzzy, actually.  He reverted to his original self in Issue 3 and regained the blue and furry form in issue 33 (30 issues later) before the title shifted to a new cast with #71 (38 more issues later).

So he spent 30 issues fur-less, and 40 issues furry in the OG5 X-Factor run.  Certainly you can prefer a human-form Beast, but let's get the math right.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

So if you caught my latest news video on YouTube yesterday you already know this, but this weekend's reveal won't be a Fan Channel exclusive, however the X-Force wave should be going up for pre-order which will give us official confirmation and a look at the final figure in the wave which should be X-Force Wolverine. I know it's a Wolverine figure and being this is a X-Foce wave I can't imagine anything other than Hasbro using the newest Wolverine mold and giving it X-Force colors. We should also get updated looks at the rest of the wave. I'm sure the latest Gamestop flyer will start circulating sometime later today showing them, but expect hi-res images to be revealed  at Midnight on Saturday when the wave starts going up for pre-order, assuming they dont get released earlier.

01-X-Force-Wave-2__scaled_600.jpg

Does that mean midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night? Trying to figure out when to stay up haha

33 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Saturday night going into Sunday morning. Typically that's when all the reveals up till SDCC are gonna happen.

Yep this evening we will likely see the Gamestop flyer and then tomorrow at midnight retailers will start listing the wave for pre-order and will likely have good quality images then.

X-Force Wolverine is confirmed.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Tell you what, you go ahead and wait till midnight, I'll get some much needed sleep.

For a Jim Lee Jean, I'd stay up. For an X-Force Wolverine? I'll check it tomorrow . . . after I get done with laundry . . . if I get bored during lunch . . . maybe.

Ok thanks for taking the time to share that with us all.

Damn! that color on the Wendigo is a massive improvement, compared to the earlier prototype.

As for Wolverine-  If we get the rest in later waves or box set I will be happy. Otherwise, it's just the standard Wolverine-per-wave thing. Please note that the boots and gloves seem to be new so it's not a straight repaint.

Mr. Sinister and Boom Boom are the two early favorites for me personally. I like the Nightcrawler but just not convinced its going to be better than my Toy Biz one. Cannonball seems like has only one pose you can put him in without looking silly. X-Force Wolverine is good but im not super into the X-Force black and grey variants. Guardian will be better when we get Alpha Flight characters like Box. Wendigo looks a lot better here than what we originally saw, but I still prefer his original look.