Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

JayC

1 hour ago, tarot said:

As for Wolverine-  If we get the rest in later waves or box set I will be happy. Otherwise, it's just the standard Wolverine-per-wave thing. Please note that the boots and gloves seem to be new so it's not a straight repaint.

I'm pretty sure the boots/gloves are retooled from the Puck wave.

kjnhbgvftgbhnjm.jpg

FB_IMG_1559435496332.jpg

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Images got leaked early so here you go, the X-Force wave.

1081330630.jpg

1081330637.jpg

1081330642.jpg

1081330645.jpg

1081330650.jpg

1081330657.jpg

1081330695.jpg

Really Excited about this wave as I knew I would be Wendigo is a must build, I think he's going to look amazing along side Sasquatch , Mr. Sinister, Boom Boom and Guardian have been wanted by me for a very long time so I am very happy to finally be getting them, Nightcrawler is great, only duds in this wave are Wolverine (Yawn, but at least looks cool enough not to hate) and as soon as I saw cannonball legs or no legs hes boring, but without legs it's just awful, either way I will be getting this entire wave, 4 great figs and a fantastic BAF

I can't WAIT for this wave...though I'm not keeping Wendigo or Wolvie..its solid!

I'm not that bummed about CANNONBALL as I would pose him with the blast effect anyway. 

The extra heads for NIGHTCRAWLER are awesome. Glad he comes with an extra hand as well. 

Sinister looks positively evil! Love this figure. 

Boomer...why couldn't they do Jubilees glasses like this?? Tabs looks great though the blast effects for her hands look a bit weird  

All around great assortment!!

All the figures look great! Cannonball coming without legs and only with the power effect it’s perfect for me, it is a great way to pose him.

Really surprise about Wendigo!

Nightcrawler and his 3 heads are really cool!

Sinister, Wolverine and Guardian are great updates for the old figures and Boom Boom end up looking excellent.

Really cool package with the X-Force, Uncanny X-Force and Alpha Flight logos.

4 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Overall I'm mostly satisfied, but the lack of Cannonball legs is still a bummer.

Ya, it gets worse every time I look at it. What makes it even worse(er) is that it looks so freaking good otherwise. Like @JayCsays, it's pretty much nothing but a one pose statue. Almost like McFarlane is designing for Hasbro now. I guess it's pretty convenient that Shartimus had an opening coming up for the "Big Time Let Down" spot? I can't decide if it would look better perpetually "blasting off" on my display shelf or bagged & stored till Hasbro corrects the situation. If I didn't need that damn BAF I'd probably pass on it altogether. I'm sure there's more than a few of us customizers ready to take shot at helping Cannonball learn to walk, but I'm having trouble thinking of which ML legs best fit the bill. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Night Thrasher, Paladin or Blade. I knew I'd regret not picking up a bunch of those Scourge figures as fodder when they went on sale for $6 at my local Walmart. There's always that one figure in the wave that coulda/shoulda/woulda been.

I think this wave looks pretty rad. Definitely have to grab a sinister as he will take over my toybiz sinister spot. Nightcrawler looks good too especially with the heads and will have to get him too.. Im not sure if hes better than my tb one tho.  I actually like Xforce wolverine but that head choice I m not really vibing it. For some reason I was ok with it when it was on the brown costume but on this it looks kind of weird. Im not digging this interpretation as much as I was hoping i would. I will probably still pick it up tho. Love the Wendigo baf too, he looks awesome and will look insane next to my squatch. I kind of hope we get a classic looking wendigo head down the road but thats super wishful thinking. Boom boom and guardian look good, altho guardian is pretty bland but thats guardian soooo eh. Torn on cannonball.. I would have him posed sort of like that to begin with but its a bit weird hes going straight up instead of at an angle.. but i get it, packaging wouldve been impossible like that. I think I wouldve preferred legs first tho and blast effect later but i dunno. They did him before and it was kind of weird he didnt have that effect so /shrug.  

Finally the wave has been revealed and for me it's a mixed bag.

Nightcrawler and Sinister are must gets, both look awesome. Boom-Boom also looks very good. Guardian would have been better if they kept the metalic paint shown on eariler version, this lloks a bit bland. Wolverine looks decent, but I don't care for that version of X-Force. Cannonball is bad, this is pre-posed action figures at its worse. Wendigo would have been better with a classic head, but I already have that version, so the BAF isn't a must for me.

I'm just disappointed about the Wolverine head. Why not use the same as the Tigerstripe one? Or maybe make a new one. Nightcrawler comes with 3! 

Definitely going to pick up Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister. Might also pick up Wolverine, but I have a Wolverine fatigue. A note to Hasbro: "Stop making Wolverine figures. We get it. Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. But stop wasting slots for him and give us characters who deserve their own figure or at least a redesign." I can understand why they did the first 4 Wolverine figures, but this has to stop.

This has to go down as one of the most disappointing wastes of potential in recent history for ML.  No legs on cannonball should get whoever made that decision fired. Another Vindicator? YAWN! ANOTHER Wolverine that we've already had...twice! Sinister is a pale comparison to the Toybiz version. Nightcrawler is perfection which is why the rest of this line is so baffling. Boom Boom no removable glasses? And Wendigo feels so out of place where it should have been Strong guy. This feels like such a poorly thought out line. 

31 minutes ago, monron999 said:

So here's a stupid question and I'm sure it has a simple answer. Is this an actual Fan Channel only wave or did it just happen to fall under this thread?

Nah. It's a general release. It just fell under this thread because it was the weekend reveals that have been happening since the Cowboy Logan figure.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Guardian would have been better if they kept the metalic paint shown on eariler version, this lloks a bit bland.  

Totally agree, i don't get why they changed it as that metallic red looked terrific. Figure still looks good but not as exciting.

11 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

This has to go down as one of the most disappointing wastes of potential in recent history for ML.  No legs on cannonball should get whoever made that decision fired. Another Vindicator? YAWN! ANOTHER Wolverine that we've already had...twice! Sinister is a pale comparison to the Toybiz version. Nightcrawler is perfection which is why the rest of this line is so baffling. Boom Boom no removable glasses? And Wendigo feels so out of place where it should have been Strong guy. This feels like such a poorly thought out line. 

To each his own, personally i think its a pretty great looking wave,  despite Sam's lack of legs.  I doubt i would have made much use of legs for him anyhow but agree that it would've been nice to have the option.  The last Vindicator came out in 2008,  so it seems a bit weird to complain about "another" vindicator ... two in 11 years doesn't seem all that excessive and of course i'm sure a lot of folks like myself weren't collecting back then.   Wendigo doesn't quite fit the x-force theme imo but he fits well in a wave with nightcrawler and guardian and of course will go nicely with the 80th anniv Hulk set (which i'm guessing was part of their thinking, along with being able to re-use Sasquatch parts).   Feels like Its a given that we'll get a wolverine in every x-wave so with that assumption , X-force wolverine (while admittedly not the most exciting choice) seems like a reasonable choice as its  been 6-7 years since the Hit-Monkey wave and sdcc x-force sets.  I don't think x-force Deadpool or x-23 were very hot sellers so I don't know how well this version of wolvie will sell, though. 

Everyone has their opinion, but gratitude for the amount of product we are getting is necessary - over 20 X-Men in one year, that is just insane! And if given the choice of displaying Cannonball with or without the blast effect, would you really display him with legs? And all of the recent Wolverines work off the same or similarly scaled buck, so the X-Force re-do is awesome! C’mon, just be happy, guys!

15 hours ago, JayC said:

Images got leaked early so here you go, the X-Force wave.

1081330630.jpg

1081330637.jpg

1081330642.jpg

1081330645.jpg

1081330650.jpg

1081330657.jpg

1081330695.jpg

While I like Wendigo and am so very glad they went with a more accurate colour for him than the prototype, Im not enthused about this line up. Nightcrawler is PERFECT.....definite must-have.....and I have a soft spot for Captain Canuck, I mean Vindicator/Guardian, so he's in too. But the metallic red doesn't appear to be there. Why??  If anyone out there remembers the Randy Bowen busts, he made 2 versions and the metallic one was incredible. The promo shot for the legends figure looked like it was going to be the same. But this scheme looks like a flat, bland cherry colour. And why he has that weird grumpy old man grimace, I don't know. The other figures are just a miss for me ( I never cared for Cannonball anyway, but totally agree that not giving him legs is nuts).

marvel_legends_guardian_figure.jpg

3 hours ago, Hogun said:

Definitely going to pick up Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister. Might also pick up Wolverine, but I have a Wolverine fatigue. A note to Hasbro: "Stop making Wolverine figures. We get it. Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. But stop wasting slots for him and give us characters who deserve their own figure or at least a redesign." I can understand why they did the first 4 Wolverine figures, but this has to stop.

Agree....too much Wolverine. At the very least, space him out more. They could have gone with an original Ice Man, or Thunderbird instead. Polaris in the Shi'ar costume, an improved mohawk Storm in the CORRECT body buck (!), even a Snowbird or Destiny figure. Maybe do X-Force wolvie version next year instead.

9 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Everyone has their opinion, but gratitude for the amount of product we are getting is necessary - over 20 X-Men in one year, that is just insane! And if given the choice of displaying Cannonball with or without the blast effect, would you really display him with legs? And all of the recent Wolverines work off the same or similarly scaled buck, so the X-Force re-do is awesome! C’mon, just be happy, guys!

True, most everyone would display him without legs anyway, but there's only one option display only, just taking off. You can't suspend him to look like he's flying or attacking. To make it worse, due to the jacket, he doesn't even look straight up or extend his arm straight out. Good looking figure. Terrible execution. Overall disappointment. Worst of the wave, easily.

If I display him at all it'll be Juggernaut about to kick him in the face as he tries to take off into the sky to avoid conflict.