JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

3 minutes ago, mako said:

Well, no, I was referring to this years annual Marvel Legends SDCC Exclusive. Assuming they have one this year.

Come to think of it, I'm only assuming any potential exclusive would be offered for sale on Pulse post-con like they did back in their Toy Shop days.

No I was talking about how you were saying it's "With 4 days left till Comicon". the con is not til July. I know this because it's the same week as my brother's wedding.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

No I was talking about how you were saying it's "With 4 days left till Comicon". the con is not til July. I know this because it's the same week as my brother's wedding.

Yeah, I know. It literally just hit me. I don't know why I was thinking Comicon was in June. I even looked up the start date a couple days ago, JULY 13th! Of course, you're talking to a guy who once forgot his own birthday.

Still, if screwing up the date of an event I don't plan on attending is the worst snafu I pull this week, I'll be doing alright.

Point still stands though, I gotta know what that exclusive is.

I was actually amazed that Dorkside Toys held some of these off till Midnight last night when it was originally thought to go up for sale at. Managed to grab Storm and Iceman. I already had Dazzler pre-ordered. Now I just need that Colossus two pack to go up and I will have the X-Men I am most excited for, The Jim Lee era 90's version team. Also agree with Enzosaurusrex that this is the Dazzler I wanted all along. Now I just want Longshot, Bashee, Pyro, and Avalanche to finish off my X-Men collection.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

I preordered Storm from Pulse. The rest save for Wolverine look good but I'll save my money for now.

I wouldn't but I'm sure there's someone out there who couldn't be arsed to shell out $125 and waste time to resell the other figures. It's a good option for someone to have. Don't shoot the messenger.

He's got to watch out for his sponsors lol. Which I don't blame him.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:58 AM, bashpics99 said:

"....  Iceman looks like an improvement over the Jugg wave version".... 

So true. Glad hes getting re done. Off Topic: Love to also see an Invisible Woman (see thru) variant, along it Human Torch without that stupid yellow head. Wonder Man should also get a clear purple Ionic version.

6 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

He's got to watch out for his sponsors lol. Which I don't blame him.

Yea I know why he did that lol

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

..... it Human Torch without that stupid yellow head. 

You do realize the reason they did that is because that was the only part of his body not covered in his costume.

6 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I was actually amazed that Dorkside Toys held some of these off till Midnight last night when it was originally thought to go up for sale at. Managed to grab Storm and Iceman. I already had Dazzler pre-ordered. Now I just need that Colossus two pack to go up and I will have the X-Men I am most excited for, The Jim Lee era 90's version team. Also agree with Enzosaurusrex that this is the Dazzler I wanted all along. Now I just want Longshot, Bashee, Pyro, and Avalanche to finish off my X-Men collection.

Oh a new Pyro and Avalanche would be GREAT!!  I'd also love a new LONGSHOT!

Anyone taking bets that they'll be doing some sort of Iron Man figure wearing the Infinity Guantlet as either one of these weekly reveals or as a reveal at SDCC? There hasn't been an Endgame Iron Man yet aside from the lame (yes, they are lame), too short, wrong color army builder 2 pack. Also any thoughts on the Collector making it into the 3rd Endgame wave or a 2 pack?

Oh there definitely be a third wave of endgame figure with iron man in it

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Also any thoughts on the Collector making it into the 3rd Endgame wave or a 2 pack?

Doubtful, but I would love it... and Cosmo.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

Oh there definitely be a third wave of endgame figure with iron man in it

If not, she will be in one of the anniversary lines

8 hours ago, tarot said:

You do realize the reason they did that is because that was the only part of his body not covered in his costume.

Uh-uh. No. Not buying that.  The Human Torch has been around for over 50 years now and almost exclusively has been shown as one color when "flamed on". Pick up any copy of Fantastic Four, Marvel Team Up with him and Spidey, etc. Look at the toybiz Torch, or the Marvel Universe figure. Besides, all you guys saying that are missing the entire point of Reed's Unstable Molecule formula- it transforms the costume WITH the super powers. We don't need to make excuses for Hasbro on this one; its wrong and there's no 2 ways about it.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Uh-uh. No. Not buying that.  The Human Torch has been around for over 50 years now and almost exclusively has been shown as one color when "flamed on". Pick up any copy of Fantastic Four, Marvel Team Up with him and Spidey, etc. Look at the toybiz Torch, or the Marvel Universe figure. Besides, all you guys saying that are missing the entire point of Reed's Unstable Molecule formula- it transforms the costume WITH the super powers. We don't need to make excuses for Hasbro on this one; its wrong and there's no 2 ways about it.

I think Hasbro is a bit more cerebral in regards to when they do things like this. That Human Torch exclusive was just a scrap they threw us to keep us quite for a bit. Most people even believe it was on the wrong buck as well. It shoulda been done on the Pizza Spidey or PS4 Spidey buck, but that's beyond the point. Hasbro knew they'd be doing another one down the line and they knew they'd be dealing with some (fair) complaints from the first one, and the next one, which will be in a legit FF wave, will be better. Just watch and see.

13 hours ago, tarot said:

I think we realize that's what they were going for, it just contradicts about 50 years worth of FF issues.  Although iirc there was at least one  FF artist who drew Torch with a different head color than his body (this came up in discussions when that torch figure came out but i can't remember who the artist was).  

I'm sure when the FF is re-released in the "negative" costumes, they will give us a torch head that's probably closer to classic in terms of coloration.  Wouldn't be surprised if such an  FF set is coming as part of the 80th line but also wouldn't be surprised if they are saving that for an sdcc box set or something.

18 hours ago, americamgl said:

Seller here got some pretty good pricing on the Hulk/Wolverine pack and the Juggernaut/Colossus:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/suppliesandstuff79/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I always try to avoid pre-ordering on ebay.  Also, those prices are below suggested retail, I doubt any orders will actually be fulfilled.  

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:20 AM, monron999 said:

I think Hasbro is a bit more cerebral in regards to when they do things like this. That Human Torch exclusive was just a scrap they threw us to keep us quite for a bit. Most people even believe it was on the wrong buck as well. It shoulda been done on the Pizza Spidey or PS4 Spidey buck, but that's beyond the point. Hasbro knew they'd be doing another one down the line and they knew they'd be dealing with some (fair) complaints from the first one, and the next one, which will be in a legit FF wave, will be better. Just watch and see.

Now that I agree with. The Torch isn't a bad figure by any means- its just not as good as it could be. I have it, like it, and its good (he looks like a forerunner for Fire Lord, and that would be sweet).  I do think it should be on another buck (Sunfire), because at present he's way too bulky compared to the Silver Surfer and Mr. Fantastic. I do hope youre right about a better version.....we know Hasbro can and have done perfect comic book representations of these figures.

23 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

What's the MSRP on that Colossus/Juggy 2-pack?

$59.99.

I will be waiting to snag COLOSSUS as a single off of ebay. I don't need another JUGGERNAUT. 

That Storm figure had a bit more curves but I think she could be a bit thicker.  Dazzler is WAY to thin but still looks good.

I will be passing on Cyke and Wolvie but I'll snatch up the others. 

As for X-force....Ill be getting all the figures but passing on the BAF. I like the look of the ORIGINAL from the Hulk line. More Byrne-like

46 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

So hyped for Storm!

The hype train is real

LOL, these weekly Marvel Legends reveals keep getting leaked out sooner and sooner, this time thanks to Gamestop getting next weeks ad flyer out extremely early. As you can see below this weekend's Marvel Legends reveal which will be another Fan Channel exclusive is Agent Anti-Venom. Basically this is a repaint of the older Marvel Legends Walgreens exclusive Agent Venom now in white and black.

Look for the figure to go up for pre-order at places like BigBadToyStore.com this weekend by Saturday at midnight if not sooner.

Marvel-Legends-Agent-Anti-Venom.jpg