JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

if you mean that post from a instagram account that was not confirmed and is only what he wanted it to be.

Yes I mean the post from my Instagram account. That is confirmed. It’s not “what I want it to be”.

Just now, Mitchbb1982 said:

Yes I mean the post from my Instagram account. That is confirmed. It’s not “what I want it to be”.

one of the most basic rule of collecting ML: Until you actually get official confirmation from Hasbro themselves or it is seen in store, don't ever assume something is confirmed. Prime Example is the Stan Lee baf, or previous listing that had Tigra, the Ancient one and other in various listings.

5 minutes ago, tarot said:

one of the most basic rule of collecting ML: Until you actually get official confirmation from Hasbro themselves or it is seen in store, don't ever assume something is confirmed. Prime Example is the Stan Lee baf, or previous listing that had Tigra, the Ancient one and other in various listings.

Seeing as how Cyclops got the X-Factor treatment, I wouldn't be opposed to having that 3 pack being Hank, Jean and Bobby in X-Factor gear. They have all the bucks and easy repaints for a quick cash grab is what Hasbro is all about with most of these auxiliary packs. The bad thing about it is I'm as much a sucker for all these repaints as I am the all new figs. Sign me up for this one.

5 hours ago, tarot said:

true but like when you think of Jim lee Wolverine as the Tiger stripe version instead of the brown and tan version, when you think of X-factor Beast you think of the human form. Preferences really. 

I'll give you that. I guess we identify these things according to what we latch onto most. Someone mentions "X-Factor" to me, the first thing I think of is Archangel and Walt Simonson's art, though I was reading the book before either came along.

3 minutes ago, mako said:

I'll give you that. I guess we identify these things according to what we latch onto most. Someone mentions "X-Factor" to me, the first thing I think of is Archangel and Walt Simonson's art, though I was reading the book before either came along.

Same exact thing with me! Simonson really made his mark on that book to me.. Of course the Thor run is CLASSIC!

8 hours ago, mako said:

Same here. When I mention X-Factor its all Simonson art, first appearance Death/Archangel, suits with giant X's, Jean Grey still had curves, Bobby owned the WWE (then WWF) championship belt and Apocalypse was the main nemesis. The Peter David days are a close second, especially since it brought my man Strong Guy into the X-Men universe.

This would be a cool set to have.

8b11a88598c715026cb2533e9e5c3087--x-men-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

8b11a88598c715026cb2533e9e5c3087--x-men-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

That would make a cool set, but I'd make one change. There was a Simonson illustration of the team similar to this in the Apocalypse entry in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update '89 except Jean had big poofy 80s hair and Cyke was wearing these colors, but with the cowl pulled down like a hoodie. I've always loved that look (probably because Simonson could make anything look cool).

Make this set, but throw in an "unhooded" alternate head. 

6 hours ago, tarot said:

A source of this site and my own site has gotten onto about what some solication of these and what  they be.

https://nearcompleteset.com/2019/05/30/rumor-possible-80th-anniversary-solications/

Jean, Scott, and Logan 3-pack

Polaris and Havok 2-pack

Deadpool suits 2-pack

Agent Anti-Venom

Camouflage Punisher

Punisher War Machine 

Exciting news!  So far my source seems to be right about the three pack. 

6 hours ago, Mitchbb1982 said:

Exciting news!  So far my source seems to be right about the three pack. 

Polaris and Havok 2-pack

Deadpool suits 2-pack

Agent Anti-Venom

Camouflage Punisher

Punisher War Machine 

I dearly hope this is on the money. Of all the listings, the two I'm most stoked about are the 3-pack and the 2-pack.

Jean, Scott and Logan (possibly in Jim Lee era gear) is way past cool, but a possible X-Factor era (my favorite version of these two) Havok & Polaris pack? That just screams to good to be true (but I'm hoping!).

Of course it does jibe with my belief the Has' is saving Jean for something special. This would certainly fit the bill.

I should mention the stuff after the product description, in the brackets, are my guesses only.

I'm guessing it's 90s X-Factor Havok and Polaris, but I'd be stoked for original appearance versions too, possible largely because both figures would be pretty similar to the versions released in 2016-2017. The outback team I so desperately want (despite it barely having any representation so far) could really use that version of Havok. My Multiple Men are lonely too, though, and X-Factor would definitely be the more popular choice.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

I should mention the stuff after the product description, in the brackets, are my guesses only.

Yeah, I get it. Once again, I hope your guesses are on the money. Honestly, with the obvious exceptions, a lot of these 80th Anni. offerings are more "ho-hum" than "OMG!"

These two sets would kinda turn that around . . . at least for me.

Is it wrong that I'm more excited for the Havok and Polaris two-pack (but they have to be X-Factor) vs. the X-men 3-pack? lol

If true, the Havok 2 pack would be a grab for me.

14 hours ago, tarot said:

A source of this site and my own site has gotten onto about what some solication of these and what  they be.

https://nearcompleteset.com/2019/05/30/rumor-possible-80th-anniversary-solications/

Polaris and Havok 2-pack

Deadpool suits 2-pack

Agent Anti-Venom

Camouflage Punisher

Punisher War Machine 

If these are true then 

Jean, Scott, and Logan 3-pack - If this is the Jim Lee version then this will be a must for me

Polaris and Havok 2-pack - Not massively pushed with this one, it will depend on the costumes

Deadpool suits 2-pack - Yawn, more Deadpools

Agent Anti-Venom - Should be good, I actually Digibashed that one

Camouflage Punisher - Nothing exciting here

Punisher War Machine  - It was a really bad idea in the comics, but it is better than Punisher Cap

17 hours ago, tarot said:

Polaris and Havok 2-pack

Deadpool suits 2-pack

Agent Anti-Venom

Camouflage Punisher

Punisher War Machine 

I can't say I'm too stoked about another Cyke and Wolvie, two of the most overly X-Posed characters in the Mutant-Verse, but it's peaked my interest. If I'd have to take a guess I would say a Cockrum era love triangle theme. And tho I'm sure there's plenty of us that would be happy to have a skirted & masked Jean, it be a total downer for all of us who are breathlessly waiting for a redo of the Jim Lee (sorry @tarot) era Jean.

Havok and Polaris baffles me, tho both are on my fan faves list. I'd love for them to be Peter David era themed, but their costumes were quite a bit different from the norm at that time and I'm not sure Hasbro is gonna risk the MCU budget for new specific sculpts that may not have much re-usabilty for future figures, but go ahead and feel free to prove me wrong Hasbro.

Not sure exactly what to think about the DP suits set, but I utterly hated that ridiculous Rainbow Force BS concept from the start. I'm hoping for the standard DP red & black on two alternate bucks (perhaps the Pizza Spidey & Reaper bucks) and a few extra head sculpts (Solo, Foolkiller, Slapstick, Terror) to round out the Mercs for Money roster. We already have that Madcap alternate head that kinda had us scratching our heads. Could Hasbro have been thinking that far ahead? That would really impress me.

Also, if they were to actually ever do a Masacre figure I would hope it would be done as it's own separate piece, cuz his costume is too specific (and too hilarious) not to be done right. Some tweaks to the standard DP base should be fairly do-able. Of course, it would most likely have to be done as an exclusive or through Fan Channel, cuz the PC Police would be out in full force if that thing ever hit mass retail.

Venom, Punisher and War Machine all have that Infamous Iron Man thing going. Kinda cool, a little bit different, might look good on a shelf, but overall just a lazy, uninspired and gimmicky path to an easy cash grab. Then again, the cash grab might be a means for offsetting the cost to produce original Havok & Polaris sculpts. I take back anything negative I may have insinuated toward you, Hasbro. You're freaking geniuses. I sure was hoping for a new trenchcoated Punisher and a Red, White & Blue deco War Machine, tho. Then again (again), aren't the words "variant", "repaint" and "cash grab" all synonymous these days, so one tends to train themselves not to get too disappointed with things like this. Hey, did you here were finally getting a new Quicksilver this year?!

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

I can't say I'm too stoked about another Cyke and Wolvie, two of the most overly X-Posed characters in the Mutant-Verse, but it's peaked my interest. If I'd have to take a guess I would say a Cockrum era love triangle theme. And tho I'm sure there's plenty of us that would be happy to have a skirted & masked Jean, it be a total downer for all of us who are breathlessly waiting for a redo of the Jim Lee (sorry @tarot) era Jean.

Speaking solely as an animated series fan, if we DID get a Jean, but she wan't the Jim Lee version, I'd be severely disappointed. If not Lee, then maybe one of the looks from the Simmonson days of X-Factor, any of those would be a decent "consolation prize." I could also deal with the Marvel Girl version, I wouldn't be bursting into glorious song, but I could deal with it. Basically, anything but yet another iteration of Phoenix.

On a side note: The list refered to the 3-pack as "New X-Men," right? Could this be from the Morrison/Quietly days, when they all stopped wearing super-hero suits and switched to puffy black biker jackets? The book was called "New X-Men at that point, right? Maybe that's what this hypothetical set will be.

Can't say I'd be crazy for that either.

So if you caught my latest news video on YouTube yesterday you already know this, but this weekend's reveal won't be a Fan Channel exclusive, however the X-Force wave should be going up for pre-order which will give us official confirmation and a look at the final figure in the wave which should be X-Force Wolverine. I know it's a Wolverine figure and being this is a X-Foce wave I can't imagine anything other than Hasbro using the newest Wolverine mold and giving it X-Force colors. We should also get updated looks at the rest of the wave. I'm sure the latest Gamestop flyer will start circulating sometime later today showing them, but expect hi-res images to be revealed  at Midnight on Saturday when the wave starts going up for pre-order, assuming they dont get released earlier.

01-X-Force-Wave-2__scaled_600.jpg

God, I hope it's not Morrison-era X-Men. I'd be okay with Cockrum Jean, but that'd be pretty boring for Scott and Logan, since it'd just be a rerelease of the Dark Phoenix two-pack Cyclops and the Apocalypse-wave Wolvie (maybe with a different belt). Although, come to think of it, a 90s version would have the same problem, effectively just re-releasing the Warlock-wave Scott and likely same Wolverine.

If they go either of those directions I hope they at least give us new headsculpts for Logan, even if that just means repainting and including the vintage Wolverine heads. I really hated the profile on Apocalypse-wave's cowl. Scott should come with a mask-off head a'la vintage Wolverine too, come to think of it.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Speaking solely as an animated series fan, if we DID get a Jean, but she wan't the Jim Lee version, I'd be severely disappointed. If not Lee, then maybe one of the looks from the Simmonson days of X-Factor, any of those would be a decent "consolation prize." I could also deal with the Marvel Girl version, I wouldn't be bursting into glorious song, but I could deal with it. Basically, anything but yet another iteration of Phoenix.

On a side note: The list refered to the 3-pack as "New X-Men," right? Could this be from the Morrison/Quietly days, when they all stopped wearing super-hero suits and switched to puffy black biker jackets? The book was called "New X-Men at that point, right? Maybe that's what this hypothetical set will be.

Can't say I'd be crazy for that either.

Dayam, why did you have to put that image in my head? I thought we went way back, man. That would be an absolute horroaaah! Whoever approved that clusterf**ck in the first place shoulda been drawn & quartered. Good catch on that "New" designation. Given that, I'd have to say it might be the X-Men Blue version of the team with the younger versions of Scott, Jean and Jimmy Hudson. If it isn't that maybe it's just re-releases of Jim Lee era Cyclops and Wolverine with the alternate heads we've seen with Cowboy Logan and Vintage Wave Cyclops with an all new Jean Grey. That would be best case scenario for me as I have no desire for any of that X-Men Blue nonsense.

No no guy. the New in the X-men thing is actually because it was a new product that we haven't seen. notGrant Morrison ridiculous  New X-men. (although he did give us Kid Omega and his gang.)

New X-Men was a great book for a lot of reasons. The costumes just aren't one of those reasons. The story was great!

I wouldn't mind if the Jean set was something else along the lines of X-men: Red Jean, an AOA (because we were supposed to get jean in that) or Ultimate set (because we were supposed to get Cyclops in that).

1 hour ago, Benn said:

New X-Men was a great book for a lot of reasons. The costumes just aren't one of those reasons. The story was great!

I didn't mind the costumes (barring Emmas) it was the whole Xorn/Magneto mess that i didn't like