JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

I wouldn't mind if the Jean set was something else along the lines of X-men: Red Jean, an AOA (because we were supposed to get jean in that) or Ultimate set (because we were supposed to get Cyclops in that).

I really want it to be a Jim Lee set, if not an AOA set would be cool

On 5/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, tarot said:

that would be great. except beast was human-form for most of the X-Factor run. So maybe the All-New X-men set version repaint. Out of all those figure he was the only one that actually fitted the character compare to the rest who should have been teenagers.

Beast was blue and fuzzy for more of his X-Factor run than he was non-fuzzy, actually.  He reverted to his original self in Issue 3 and regained the blue and furry form in issue 33 (30 issues later) before the title shifted to a new cast with #71 (38 more issues later).

So he spent 30 issues fur-less, and 40 issues furry in the OG5 X-Factor run.  Certainly you can prefer a human-form Beast, but let's get the math right.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

So if you caught my latest news video on YouTube yesterday you already know this, but this weekend's reveal won't be a Fan Channel exclusive, however the X-Force wave should be going up for pre-order which will give us official confirmation and a look at the final figure in the wave which should be X-Force Wolverine. I know it's a Wolverine figure and being this is a X-Foce wave I can't imagine anything other than Hasbro using the newest Wolverine mold and giving it X-Force colors. We should also get updated looks at the rest of the wave. I'm sure the latest Gamestop flyer will start circulating sometime later today showing them, but expect hi-res images to be revealed  at Midnight on Saturday when the wave starts going up for pre-order, assuming they dont get released earlier.

01-X-Force-Wave-2__scaled_600.jpg

Does that mean midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night? Trying to figure out when to stay up haha

1 hour ago, hisDUDENESS9829 said:

Does that mean midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow night? Trying to figure out when to stay up haha

Saturday night going into Sunday morning. Typically that's when all the reveals up till SDCC are gonna happen.

33 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Saturday night going into Sunday morning. Typically that's when all the reveals up till SDCC are gonna happen.

Yep this evening we will likely see the Gamestop flyer and then tomorrow at midnight retailers will start listing the wave for pre-order and will likely have good quality images then.

LOL, so as far as I can tell know one slipped out early the Gamestop flyer this week so guess we will have to wait until tonite at midnight to see the official images released.

21 hours ago, tarot said:

No no guy. the New in the X-men thing is actually because it was a new product that we haven't seen. notGrant Morrison ridiculous  New X-men. (although he did give us Kid Omega and his gang.)

Oh, ok. Whew. Worried me for a second. No matter how much I want a non-Phoenix Jean, I just don't think I could pull the trigger on a Morrison era X-Set.

52 minutes ago, JayC said:

LOL, so as far as I can tell know one slipped out early the Gamestop flyer this week so guess we will have to wait until tonite at midnight to see the official images released.

Tell you what, you go ahead and wait till midnight, I'll get some much needed sleep.

For a Jim Lee Jean, I'd stay up. For an X-Force Wolverine? I'll check it tomorrow . . . after I get done with laundry . . . if I get bored during lunch . . . maybe.

X-Force Wolverine is confirmed.

2 hours ago, mako said:

Tell you what, you go ahead and wait till midnight, I'll get some much needed sleep.

For a Jim Lee Jean, I'd stay up. For an X-Force Wolverine? I'll check it tomorrow . . . after I get done with laundry . . . if I get bored during lunch . . . maybe.

Ok thanks for taking the time to share that with us all.

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

pre-order listing I take it? no images as of yet?

Cool, really looking forward to this wave.    Been skipping most BAFs so far this year but this wave looks good enough that i'll probably end up completing Wendigo.  Don't really need another Wolverine figure but won't mind picking up an x-force version.

20 minutes ago, tarot said:

pre-order listing I take it? no images as of yet?

There is nothing online as of yet if that is what you mean. Midnite tonight, or for those of you who choose to sleep in, tomorrow :)

1 hour ago, JayC said:

There is nothing online as of yet if that is what you mean. Midnite tonight, or for those of you who choose to sleep in, tomorrow :)

well considering I live in Ireland I might be able to see it before most.

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

well considering I live in Ireland I might be able to see it before most.

The luck of the Irish when it comes to Marvel Legends for a change :D

Well now that the mystery of Wolverine is solved, I wonder if the SDCC Exclusive is going to tie in with the 80 th.

Images got leaked early so here you go, the X-Force wave.

1081330630.jpg

1081330637.jpg

1081330642.jpg

1081330645.jpg

1081330650.jpg

1081330657.jpg

1081330695.jpg

Damn! that color on the Wendigo is a massive improvement, compared to the earlier prototype.

As for Wolverine-  If we get the rest in later waves or box set I will be happy. Otherwise, it's just the standard Wolverine-per-wave thing. Please note that the boots and gloves seem to be new so it's not a straight repaint.

Mr. Sinister and Boom Boom are the two early favorites for me personally. I like the Nightcrawler but just not convinced its going to be better than my Toy Biz one. Cannonball seems like has only one pose you can put him in without looking silly. X-Force Wolverine is good but im not super into the X-Force black and grey variants. Guardian will be better when we get Alpha Flight characters like Box. Wendigo looks a lot better here than what we originally saw, but I still prefer his original look.

The blood on Wendigo's teeth is a nice touch though

9 minutes ago, JayC said:

The blood on Wendigo's teeth is a nice touch though

well he had to eat someone to become a wendigo. lol

No surprises here. I knew I wanted the Wendigo, and I'm not disappointed in the least. The white they used seems a little to vibrant for a big scary monster, but that's just me.

Jay's being generous, no matter what pose he's in, that Cannonball looks ridiculous. He'll be hitting Ebay with X-Force Wolverine.

I've been waiting for Nightcrawler, Sinister and Guardian for a long time so no complaints there.

Boomboom has never been a must-have for me, but she falls easily into the "Any New Character is a Good Character" category. Plus, I dug her storyline on X-Men: Evolution.

All in all, a solid wave.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

As for Wolverine-  If we get the rest in later waves or box set I will be happy. Otherwise, it's just the standard Wolverine-per-wave thing. Please note that the boots and gloves seem to be new so it's not a straight repaint.

I'm pretty sure the boots/gloves are retooled from the Puck wave.

kjnhbgvftgbhnjm.jpg

FB_IMG_1559435496332.jpg

2 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm pretty sure the boots/gloves are retooled from the Puck wave.

kjnhbgvftgbhnjm.jpg

FB_IMG_1559435496332.jpg

i thought that too but the groves in the puck wave goes in alot further then the new one

Looking at the new Wolverine, I'm glad at least the boots and gloves look new. Overall I'm mostly satisfied, but the lack of Cannonball legs is still a bummer.