Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Images got leaked early so here you go, the X-Force wave.

1081330630.jpg

1081330637.jpg

1081330642.jpg

1081330645.jpg

1081330650.jpg

1081330657.jpg

1081330695.jpg

Really Excited about this wave as I knew I would be Wendigo is a must build, I think he's going to look amazing along side Sasquatch , Mr. Sinister, Boom Boom and Guardian have been wanted by me for a very long time so I am very happy to finally be getting them, Nightcrawler is great, only duds in this wave are Wolverine (Yawn, but at least looks cool enough not to hate) and as soon as I saw cannonball legs or no legs hes boring, but without legs it's just awful, either way I will be getting this entire wave, 4 great figs and a fantastic BAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JayC said:

Images got leaked early so here you go, the X-Force wave.

1081330630.jpg

1081330637.jpg

1081330642.jpg

1081330645.jpg

1081330650.jpg

1081330657.jpg

1081330695.jpg

Ha! Cannonball had to come with a leg for the BAF, didn't he? Not bashful about pouring salt in the wound, are we, Hasbro? "See, he comes with legs!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't WAIT for this wave...though I'm not keeping Wendigo or Wolvie..its solid!

I'm not that bummed about CANNONBALL as I would pose him with the blast effect anyway. 

The extra heads for NIGHTCRAWLER are awesome. Glad he comes with an extra hand as well. 

Sinister looks positively evil! Love this figure. 

Boomer...why couldn't they do Jubilees glasses like this?? Tabs looks great though the blast effects for her hands look a bit weird  

All around great assortment!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall a nice set of figures, I'm still keen to see what SDCC brings out on display this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the figures look great! Cannonball coming without legs and only with the power effect it’s perfect for me, it is a great way to pose him.

Really surprise about Wendigo!

Nightcrawler and his 3 heads are really cool!

Sinister, Wolverine and Guardian are great updates for the old figures and Boom Boom end up looking excellent.

Really cool package with the X-Force, Uncanny X-Force and Alpha Flight logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Overall I'm mostly satisfied, but the lack of Cannonball legs is still a bummer.

Ya, it gets worse every time I look at it. What makes it even worse(er) is that it looks so freaking good otherwise. Like @JayCsays, it's pretty much nothing but a one pose statue. Almost like McFarlane is designing for Hasbro now. I guess it's pretty convenient that Shartimus had an opening coming up for the "Big Time Let Down" spot? I can't decide if it would look better perpetually "blasting off" on my display shelf or bagged & stored till Hasbro corrects the situation. If I didn't need that damn BAF I'd probably pass on it altogether. I'm sure there's more than a few of us customizers ready to take shot at helping Cannonball learn to walk, but I'm having trouble thinking of which ML legs best fit the bill. Off the top of my head I'm thinking Night Thrasher, Paladin or Blade. I knew I'd regret not picking up a bunch of those Scourge figures as fodder when they went on sale for $6 at my local Walmart. There's always that one figure in the wave that coulda/shoulda/woulda been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this wave looks pretty rad. Definitely have to grab a sinister as he will take over my toybiz sinister spot. Nightcrawler looks good too especially with the heads and will have to get him too.. Im not sure if hes better than my tb one tho.  I actually like Xforce wolverine but that head choice I m not really vibing it. For some reason I was ok with it when it was on the brown costume but on this it looks kind of weird. Im not digging this interpretation as much as I was hoping i would. I will probably still pick it up tho. Love the Wendigo baf too, he looks awesome and will look insane next to my squatch. I kind of hope we get a classic looking wendigo head down the road but thats super wishful thinking. Boom boom and guardian look good, altho guardian is pretty bland but thats guardian soooo eh. Torn on cannonball.. I would have him posed sort of like that to begin with but its a bit weird hes going straight up instead of at an angle.. but i get it, packaging wouldve been impossible like that. I think I wouldve preferred legs first tho and blast effect later but i dunno. They did him before and it was kind of weird he didnt have that effect so /shrug.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally the wave has been revealed and for me it's a mixed bag.

Nightcrawler and Sinister are must gets, both look awesome. Boom-Boom also looks very good. Guardian would have been better if they kept the metalic paint shown on eariler version, this lloks a bit bland. Wolverine looks decent, but I don't care for that version of X-Force. Cannonball is bad, this is pre-posed action figures at its worse. Wendigo would have been better with a classic head, but I already have that version, so the BAF isn't a must for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just disappointed about the Wolverine head. Why not use the same as the Tigerstripe one? Or maybe make a new one. Nightcrawler comes with 3! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my God, it just hit me! Cannonball, comes with SOMEONE ELSE's leg!

I don't know why, but I just love the absurdity in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's a stupid question and I'm sure it has a simple answer. Is this an actual Fan Channel only wave or did it just happen to fall under this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely going to pick up Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister. Might also pick up Wolverine, but I have a Wolverine fatigue. A note to Hasbro: "Stop making Wolverine figures. We get it. Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. But stop wasting slots for him and give us characters who deserve their own figure or at least a redesign." I can understand why they did the first 4 Wolverine figures, but this has to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to go down as one of the most disappointing wastes of potential in recent history for ML.  No legs on cannonball should get whoever made that decision fired. Another Vindicator? YAWN! ANOTHER Wolverine that we've already had...twice! Sinister is a pale comparison to the Toybiz version. Nightcrawler is perfection which is why the rest of this line is so baffling. Boom Boom no removable glasses? And Wendigo feels so out of place where it should have been Strong guy. This feels like such a poorly thought out line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, monron999 said:

So here's a stupid question and I'm sure it has a simple answer. Is this an actual Fan Channel only wave or did it just happen to fall under this thread?

Nah. It's a general release. It just fell under this thread because it was the weekend reveals that have been happening since the Cowboy Logan figure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leokearon said:

  Guardian would have been better if they kept the metalic paint shown on eariler version, this lloks a bit bland.  

Totally agree, i don't get why they changed it as that metallic red looked terrific. Figure still looks good but not as exciting.

11 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

This has to go down as one of the most disappointing wastes of potential in recent history for ML.  No legs on cannonball should get whoever made that decision fired. Another Vindicator? YAWN! ANOTHER Wolverine that we've already had...twice! Sinister is a pale comparison to the Toybiz version. Nightcrawler is perfection which is why the rest of this line is so baffling. Boom Boom no removable glasses? And Wendigo feels so out of place where it should have been Strong guy. This feels like such a poorly thought out line. 

To each his own, personally i think its a pretty great looking wave,  despite Sam's lack of legs.  I doubt i would have made much use of legs for him anyhow but agree that it would've been nice to have the option.  The last Vindicator came out in 2008,  so it seems a bit weird to complain about "another" vindicator ... two in 11 years doesn't seem all that excessive and of course i'm sure a lot of folks like myself weren't collecting back then.   Wendigo doesn't quite fit the x-force theme imo but he fits well in a wave with nightcrawler and guardian and of course will go nicely with the 80th anniv Hulk set (which i'm guessing was part of their thinking, along with being able to re-use Sasquatch parts).   Feels like Its a given that we'll get a wolverine in every x-wave so with that assumption , X-force wolverine (while admittedly not the most exciting choice) seems like a reasonable choice as its  been 6-7 years since the Hit-Monkey wave and sdcc x-force sets.  I don't think x-force Deadpool or x-23 were very hot sellers so I don't know how well this version of wolvie will sell, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has their opinion, but gratitude for the amount of product we are getting is necessary - over 20 X-Men in one year, that is just insane! And if given the choice of displaying Cannonball with or without the blast effect, would you really display him with legs? And all of the recent Wolverines work off the same or similarly scaled buck, so the X-Force re-do is awesome! C’mon, just be happy, guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JayC said:

Images got leaked early so here you go, the X-Force wave.

1081330630.jpg

1081330637.jpg

1081330642.jpg

1081330645.jpg

1081330650.jpg

1081330657.jpg

1081330695.jpg

While I like Wendigo and am so very glad they went with a more accurate colour for him than the prototype, Im not enthused about this line up. Nightcrawler is PERFECT.....definite must-have.....and I have a soft spot for Captain Canuck, I mean Vindicator/Guardian, so he's in too. But the metallic red doesn't appear to be there. Why??  If anyone out there remembers the Randy Bowen busts, he made 2 versions and the metallic one was incredible. The promo shot for the legends figure looked like it was going to be the same. But this scheme looks like a flat, bland cherry colour. And why he has that weird grumpy old man grimace, I don't know. The other figures are just a miss for me ( I never cared for Cannonball anyway, but totally agree that not giving him legs is nuts).

marvel_legends_guardian_figure.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hogun said:

Definitely going to pick up Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister. Might also pick up Wolverine, but I have a Wolverine fatigue. A note to Hasbro: "Stop making Wolverine figures. We get it. Wolverine is the most popular X-Men. But stop wasting slots for him and give us characters who deserve their own figure or at least a redesign." I can understand why they did the first 4 Wolverine figures, but this has to stop.

Agree....too much Wolverine. At the very least, space him out more. They could have gone with an original Ice Man, or Thunderbird instead. Polaris in the Shi'ar costume, an improved mohawk Storm in the CORRECT body buck (!), even a Snowbird or Destiny figure. Maybe do X-Force wolvie version next year instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Everyone has their opinion, but gratitude for the amount of product we are getting is necessary - over 20 X-Men in one year, that is just insane! And if given the choice of displaying Cannonball with or without the blast effect, would you really display him with legs? And all of the recent Wolverines work off the same or similarly scaled buck, so the X-Force re-do is awesome! C’mon, just be happy, guys!

True, most everyone would display him without legs anyway, but there's only one option display only, just taking off. You can't suspend him to look like he's flying or attacking. To make it worse, due to the jacket, he doesn't even look straight up or extend his arm straight out. Good looking figure. Terrible execution. Overall disappointment. Worst of the wave, easily.

If I display him at all it'll be Juggernaut about to kick him in the face as he tries to take off into the sky to avoid conflict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Agree....too much Wolverine. At the very least, space him out more. They could have gone with an original Ice Man, or Thunderbird instead. Polaris in the Shi'ar costume, an improved mohawk Storm in the CORRECT body buck (!), even a Snowbird or Destiny figure. Maybe do X-Force wolvie version next year instead.

At least the Wolverine look diferent unlike the armies of MCU Caps and Iron Men. Still one Logan a year would be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boom Boom is the only one of these figures that I plan to get so I'll have to pick up the Wendigo BAF on Ebay. I love those two figure but the rest of the wave is just a re-hash of figures I already have. I won't be crushed if I don't get the Wendigo BAF because still have the last release, but would love to have both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't get over how well Nightcrawler came out, AND he has extra heads/hands?? Dave Cockrum would be honored, I'm sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

While I like Wendigo and am so very glad they went with a more accurate colour for him than the prototype, Im not enthused about this line up. Nightcrawler is PERFECT.....definite must-have.....and I have a soft spot for Captain Canuck, I mean Vindicator/Guardian, so he's in too. But the metallic red doesn't appear to be there. Why??  If anyone out there remembers the Randy Bowen busts, he made 2 versions and the metallic one was incredible. The promo shot for the legends figure looked like it was going to be the same. But this scheme looks like a flat, bland cherry colour. And why he has that weird grumpy old man grimace, I don't know. The other figures are just a miss for me ( I never cared for Cannonball anyway, but totally agree that not giving him legs is nuts).

marvel_legends_guardian_figure.jpg

Totally agree. The non Metallic Guardian is a big let-down. Looks like Hasbro cheaped out at the last minute. And yes...that on-the-toilet-straining, old-man face! Sigh. The look seems to be based on the 'grimace of determination' expression that John Byrne used all the time on his characters. But man oh man it doesn't translate to plastic! Or at least the sculptor pushed it too far. A few steps back in the neutral direction would have made it right, plus a bonus head with a gritted teeth expression, ala X-Men 109. Any how, I'm still grateful for it. I've wanted a Guardian figure since I was a kid and I missed the previous TB versions. 

I'm all in for Nightcrawler, but that's about it for me too and this wave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Since when was Zemo a normal guy? He murdered, and was able to impersonate, a high ranking government official, killed several world leaders while wearing a Bucky mask, set off an EMP device in the middle of a bustling metropolis, broke up the world's premiere superhero organization, memorized the Winter Soldier code book, and located a top-secret Winter Soldier factory, murdering every super-soldier there-in. All while working pretty much alone. In their in-universe estimation he must be like Jason Bourne and Keyser Soze had a baby and hired Dom Toretto as his nanny. They would probably confine his butt to the Raft just to keep the stuff ratting around in his head from getting out.
    • I posted on this idea before. Starjammers would be simple to do; they've already got body molds for all characters ( Abomination makes a great Ch'od and besides, Abomination needs to re-made anyway and scaled up to match the Hulk), and just using the Spider-Man infinite Black Cat mold youve basically got Madame Hepzibah. If they just stick to Dave Cockrum's rendition it'll be perfect.
    • i'll buy that about Clint, being a world renowned assassin and all, but I seriously doubt General Ross was not aware of Scott's association with Hank Pym or familiar with the capability of the Ant-Man formula. If they woulda not know what he was capable of you'd think they woulda put him in some sort of stasis rather than a standard cell under the fear that he could simply just slip through the cracks. I also fully agree that aside from his nefarious machinations Zemo is little more threatening than your average psycho on the streets but, like I said, the Raft just seems like the proper neutral place in the MCU. Granted, we know what the Raft is used for in the Comics Universe, but that doesn't actually mean it has the same application in the much smaller MCU.
    • I've seen it going for around $35 online. If you can manage the extra $10, that might be your most reliable option.
    • Yes! While I have no reason to think any of the Hasbro production heads are reading this, or have any plans to make Red Wolf, I sure hope they take your idea into mind if they do. In fact they need to use lighter, flexible plastic whenever they're doing figures that have tunics that extend below the waist (like Doom) or longer hair ( like Scarlet Witch).


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE