Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Fan Channel Exclusives

JayC

If you want the full details including the exact figures in the wave you can check them out here

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Just got word from a british etailer, that the x-men vintage line will go up for preorder this weekend. More then likely this is this weekend reveal.

5 hours ago, JayC said:

It is a pretty solid wave.

Great news….I just hope if it is Storm, they use a healthier body buck than the scrawny thing they used for her last figure. C'mon, Hasbro....I don't know who's making the decision to turn these characters into Debra Morgan clones, but not all women have that type of build and certainly characters like Storm, Black Widow, Black Cat, Emma Frost don't. Fingers crossed....

Am I the only one who preferred Cannonball's costume from Joe Mad!'s run on Uncanny? It was during the Onslaught storyline and his costume was similar to Jim Lee Cyclops' but instead of the "Y" yellow straps that Scott has, Sam has the "H" strap and he's got the Leo/Titanic-era haircut.

Also I'm stoked to see pics of the Storm. And Iceman.

I seem to only be getting 2-3 figures out of a wave (Gambit, Jubilee and Beast) and (Nightcrawler and Sinister). And getting the rest when they go on sale. It's gonna be hard trying to narrow down a three from the Vintage wave. Storm for sure, I don't even care what costume it is. Dazzler (??) This is the Dazzler I wanted not the roller-blade Disco one. And X-Factor Cyclops(???) If Iceman comes with some type of ice sled I might have to get him too. Ugh.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:56 AM, Reno said:

Boom Boom is the only one of these figures that I plan to get so I'll have to pick up the Wendigo BAF on Ebay. I love those two figure but the rest of the wave is just a re-hash of figures I already have. I won't be crushed if I don't get the Wendigo BAF because still have the last release, but would love to have both.

Dorkside has the complete BAF Wendigo for $69.99

https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Marvel-Legends-X-FORCE-Wendigo-Build-A-Figure-6-A-p/mvl656.htm

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Am I the only one who preferred Cannonball's costume from Joe Mad!'s run on Uncanny? It was during the Onslaught storyline and his costume was similar to Jim Lee Cyclops' but instead of the "Y" yellow straps that Scott has, Sam has the "H" strap and he's got the Leo/Titanic-era haircut.

Also I'm stoked to see pics of the Storm. And Iceman.

I seem to only be getting 2-3 figures out of a wave (Gambit, Jubilee and Beast) and (Nightcrawler and Sinister). And getting the rest when they go on sale. It's gonna be hard trying to narrow down a three from the Vintage wave. Storm for sure, I don't even care what costume it is. Dazzler (??) This is the Dazzler I wanted not the roller-blade Disco one. And X-Factor Cyclops(???) If Iceman comes with some type of ice sled I might have to get him too. Ugh.

That's the costume he had when he joined to the X-men right? I liked that costume

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Great news….I just hope if it is Storm, they use a healthier body buck than the scrawny thing they used for her last figure. C'mon, Hasbro....I don't know who's making the decision to turn these characters into Debra Morgan clones, but not all women have that type of build and certainly characters like Storm, Black Widow, Black Cat, Emma Frost don't. Fingers crossed....

I hear ya, bud. The Emma Frost exclusive seems to be a new buck and aside from the obvious shortage in the chest area (for Emma, anyway) it looks to be a bit more curvy than the athletic (ie. tomboy-ish) Kate Bishop mold that's pretty much become the Bucky Cap mold for the female figures. We know the Dazzler figure is on the KB mold and since Hasbro actually seems to make some sort of consorted effort to not to use the same mold in a wave (I'm sure there's some financial benefit) I'm hoping Storm will be on the new buck. I'm pretty sure the Iceman fig is gonna be pretty much the same one we got in the Juggernaut wave, only in white (hopefully sturdier) plastic with his regulator belt. Either way I'm getting the entire wave. Ya, it sux we get another Wolvie, but we just gotta come to terms with the fact that he or Deadpool are to X-Men wave what Cap and Iron Man are to the Avengers waves. They're just a necessary evil at this point, but at least for now, they've been comic figs. Appreciate them for what they are cuz once those movies start rolling out, much like Cap and IM, damn near every Wolvie and DP will be movie based and we'll be begging for a comic version.

Quick edit: The new pics came out literally right before I posted. I like Bobby on the Bullseye mold and Storms legs do seem a bit more "muscular". Nice figs. My fingers hovering over the pre-order button.

7 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Why on earth would you pay $80 to buy just the Wendigo. Even if by some remote chance all you wanted was the Wendigo (which in the case of this particular BAF seems unlikely) you'd still be better buying the whole wave for $120 and sell the other figures off.

Just now, JayC said:

Why on earth would you pay $80 to buy just the Wendigo. Even if by some remote chance all you wanted was the Wendigo (which in the case of this particular BAF seems unlikely) you'd still be better buying the whole wave for $120 and sell the other figures off.

Lol, even I don't have so much disdain for the Cannonball figure that I'd bite on that "deal".

29 minutes ago, JayC said:

So change of plan, the wave will go up for pre-order at Noon ET today

Screenshot_2019-06-07 Instagram(2).png

Screenshot_2019-06-07 Instagram(1).png

Screenshot_2019-06-07 Instagram copy 3.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07 Instagram copy 2.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07 Instagram.png

Screenshot_2019-06-07 Instagram copy.png

Wow that Storm figure is a must-have.  Iceman looks like an improvement over the Jugg wave version.  Man, if this wave had a BAF i might end up buying the whole set. As it is, I may skip Cyke and Wolvie but the rest are pretty much must-haves for me. Love the retro packaging.

All the figures look great, but I wish Storm's costume was a little grayer. It always read to me as more of a silver than a white, and--either way--using a pure white like that looks a little awkward. Nevertheless, a fantastic series. Both this and X-Force even come with Wolverines I'm not disappointed to see!

I preordered Storm from Pulse. The rest save for Wolverine look good but I'll save my money for now.

10 hours ago, JayC said:

I wouldn't but I'm sure there's someone out there who couldn't be arsed to shell out $125 and waste time to resell the other figures. It's a good option for someone to have. Don't shoot the messenger.

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Oh well...….guess I lost. Its still a good figure, just not a great one. And they re-did Iceman so that's a plus. Don't need the Wolverine but really liking that Silver Samurai!

3 minutes ago, mako said:

Well, no, I was referring to this years annual Marvel Legends SDCC Exclusive. Assuming they have one this year.

Come to think of it, I'm only assuming any potential exclusive would be offered for sale on Pulse post-con like they did back in their Toy Shop days.

No I was talking about how you were saying it's "With 4 days left till Comicon". the con is not til July. I know this because it's the same week as my brother's wedding.

I was actually amazed that Dorkside Toys held some of these off till Midnight last night when it was originally thought to go up for sale at. Managed to grab Storm and Iceman. I already had Dazzler pre-ordered. Now I just need that Colossus two pack to go up and I will have the X-Men I am most excited for, The Jim Lee era 90's version team. Also agree with Enzosaurusrex that this is the Dazzler I wanted all along. Now I just want Longshot, Bashee, Pyro, and Avalanche to finish off my X-Men collection.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

I preordered Storm from Pulse. The rest save for Wolverine look good but I'll save my money for now.

I wouldn't but I'm sure there's someone out there who couldn't be arsed to shell out $125 and waste time to resell the other figures. It's a good option for someone to have. Don't shoot the messenger.

He's got to watch out for his sponsors lol. Which I don't blame him.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:58 AM, bashpics99 said:

"....  Iceman looks like an improvement over the Jugg wave version".... 

So true. Glad hes getting re done. Off Topic: Love to also see an Invisible Woman (see thru) variant, along it Human Torch without that stupid yellow head. Wonder Man should also get a clear purple Ionic version.