Marvel Legends 6" Avengers: Endgame Figures Wave 2 Revealed

JayC

For me it'll be:

Rescue - Finally, and they already have 2 heads that they can use, so we better get one

Rock Python - keep the society coming. Now I need Puff Adder

Don't want Loki or Shuri, but if that headsculpt fits on BP Shuri, I'll buy one loose. I'm up in the air on War Machine. The one from the Civil War 2 pack was great, so I'll have to see reviews first. Pass on Union Jack, for now. If they release Pete Wisdom, then I'll get it.

2 minutes ago, nieman257 said:

So now I'll have to see if those Pepper heads fit. They seem accessories-deficient - not Beta Ray Bill, since that's all he needs, but heads for Rhodey & Pepper..it's not like they need new sculpts.

The Rhodes head would need to be resculpted tho, but I agree on them being important accesories. 

I'm glad we're getting 2 heads for Hulk, but... c'mon, serious and grinning? Why not growling? 

What is cool, though, is the new neck joint which allows more head expression, like the newer Black Series, but... somehow better? Maybe? Since this still allows head swapping.

Okay, so we get another head for he BAF Hulk. Great, now this changes the game a little. Still not crazy about the eyes on Shuri, and don't need another Loki, especially old school costume Loki. On pre order at BBTS you say? Maybe I will go over and have a look. Thanks

1 minute ago, tarot said:

Because she became extremely popular in the Black Panther movie and people asked for her. Also she was the best part of that movie.

all true but still kind of bizarre to put her in an Endgame wave since she is barely in the movie... as opposed to being in BP wave 2.  But i'm sure Hasbro had their reasons, just glad she's finally getting a figure

Just now, bashpics99 said:

all true but still kind of bizarre to put her in an Endgame wave since she is barely in the movie... as opposed to being in BP wave 2.  But i'm sure Hasbro had their reasons, just glad she's finally getting a figure

as you said see was in the movie (as well as the Black Order). according to Hasbro,they couldn't put her in the BP wave as they haven't completed her yet. There is also the fact that wave was extremely rush and unplanned. Hence the release 80% of it is reuse.

This is likely the most disappointing wave that they've done recently for me personally. Rock Python is the only that I know that I'll pick up. Rescue, War Machine and Union Jacks are maybes and probably in that order. I'll have to see how this UJ compares to the earlier one that Hasbro did. I strongly prefer the comic BP Shuri that they did in the 2-pack with Klaw. The Loki, BRB and Hulk figures have all been done before and better.

35 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Just Loki, Rock Python & UJ for me. That classic Hulk in the 2 pack with 1st app Wolvie will be the only Hulk I ever need. As far as the Serpent Society is concerned, I'd love to see Bushmaster, Anaconda, Puff Adder, Rattler & Death Adder get the figure treatment in the next yr or 2.

Bushmaster.png

Death Adder & Aanconda vs Ironman.jpg

deathadder-.jpg

Puff Adder.jpg

Rattler.jpg

Serpent-Society-1.jpg

Yes, give me all of the Serpent Society, I'll buy them all. 

49 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Just Loki, Rock Python & UJ for me. That classic Hulk in the 2 pack with 1st app Wolvie will be the only Hulk I ever need. As far as the Serpent Society is concerned, I'd love to see Bushmaster, Anaconda, Puff Adder, Rattler & Death Adder get the figure treatment in the next yr or 2.

Bushmaster.png

Death Adder & Aanconda vs Ironman.jpg

deathadder-.jpg

Puff Adder.jpg

Rattler.jpg

Serpent-Society-1.jpg

YEAH...MORE SS MEMBERS!! 

10 hours ago, ADour said:

I realized it's kinda funny that this Endgame Hulk BAF isn't much of an Endgame Hulk figure as it is a figure of Endgame Hulk impersonating 2012 Hulk.

I suspect this Hulk figure was sculpted, approved and put into production based on concept art long before the final Endgame look was reveled, much like the Cull Obsidian figure who, if you'll remember, looked very different from his appearance in Infinity War. It's a weird little thing with the differences in how the final action figures appear versus the way the characters appear in the movies. There's something similar going on with War Machine as well, as @JayCand others have pointed out, WM definitely sports a Red, White & Blue motif in the final battle battle scene (and only appearance of WM I think), but it wasn't translated to the action figures. Either way, it'll still sell like hotcakes and I suspect, much like it happened with me regarding Cull Obsidian, once you've cherry picked the figures you want and end up holding about 80 percent of the BAF, you'll wanna just bite the bullet and spring the cash for those last couple of figures just to see how it turns out. Personally, I'm already pretty sure the product in hand will be much better than these photos indicate.

10 hours ago, Hogun said:

I'm pretty sure Hasbro switched the body mold on Union Jack. I have no idea why though. The Spider-Man 2099 mold is way more popular than the bucky cap mold.

It does seem like they changed it for whatever reason. Hopefully they're just getting the last bit of use outta the Bucky Cap mold before they retire it. While I do like the New Spidey 2099 mold I do believe, size wise, the Spider UK mold is better suited to replace the Bucky Cap mold. The BC mold was by far the best mold when the Infinite brand started but the more they use it the looser those knee and elbow joints keep getting. It's time to put that thing to bed while it still has some dignity left.

33 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I suspect this Hulk figure was sculpted, approved and put into production based on concept art long before the final Endgame look was reveled, much like the Cull Obsidian figure who, if you'll remember, looked very different from his appearance in Infinity War. It's a weird little thing with the differences in how the final action figures appear versus the way the characters appear in the movies. There's something similar going on with War Machine as well, as @JayCand others have pointed out, WM definitely sports a Red, White & Blue motif in the final battle battle scene (and only appearance of WM I think), but it wasn't translated to the action figures. Either way, it'll still sell like hotcakes and I suspect, much like it happened with me regarding Cull Obsidian, once you've cherry picked the figures you want and end up holding about 80 percent of the BAF, you'll wanna just bite the bullet and spring the cash for those last couple of figures just to see how it turns out. Personally, I'm already pretty sure the product in hand will be much better than these photos indicate.

I believe the War Machine color scheme was a much more last-minute kind of deal, not unlike the final version of the War Machine MK IV from Infinity War. For reference, the modular backpack Rhodey sports in the movie was added to the armor late into development (the original plan was to have two War Machine suits in the movie, but after MK V was scrapped, its modular backpack was added to the MK IV). It can be seen how last-minute it was because the War Machine basic figure is based on that early version without the backpack.

Considering that Professor Hulk's look was leaked well over a year ago when Endgame licensing art first started popping up, I doubt this was a case of Hasbro being forced to make do.

Worst. Wave. Ever.  Wow. I do not like saying that...Hasbro haven't failed on a wave like this for me before. Not even close. Black Panther wave 2 was the first wave I never touched, but that wasn't actually a bad wave: just not my thing. But this is a perfect storm of bad.

The BAF is just abysmal: done before, better and this iteration isn't even in the movie. Horrible. Could be great for fans of repacks & repaints, and I'd say: get used to it, MCU fans.

Rock Python...weak.  And I love anything comic-based & obscure. So many great Serpent Society members they could have nailed (Diamondback!) and this? even I don't know this guy and I don't want to know. Union Jack - just terrible. This is not a character that will ever make a good figure and he's not much of an improvement on Hasbro's aged V1 of UJ.  Loki - when older versions of a figure are better in every respect, you know something's gone wrong. The face is awful, the costume's lame (identical to an ancient 3.75" scale version released by Hasbro about 10 years ago). Who wants this? Beta Ray Bill is also a huge disappointment. Compare this to Toy Biz's version (or Hasbro's 3.75" scale version) and you'll get why this sucks so bad. 

And the MCU figures? They're actually not that bad (well, if you exclude War Machine) but they are also...meh. Some people will be really happy with Shuri, but I can definitely live without this. Rescue likewise. It's a good (or brave, depending on your tastes) choice of figure, but it needs to be comic-based to hit my sweet spot: I love the version they did with a Marvel Comics subscription a few years back, but they left out a swap head & this is definitely in need of an update. 

Should be grateful, I guess: with 90%  of the 80th Anniversary line needing to be bought, a decent enough Spider-Man wave (FFH) pending and the X-Force and 'retro' X-Men waves screaming 'Buy me! Buy me!' not buying this will save serious money...

The War Machine paint discrepancy is unfortunate but I like that color scheme better than the Iron Patriot one in the actual film. Professor Hulk is more of a headscratcher, but I must say I'm not too bummed since I didn't like that weird onesie thing they had him wearing. I'm not excited about the BAF, though. They could've at least put glasses on one of the heads.

5 hours ago, ADour said:

I believe the War Machine color scheme was a much more last-minute kind of deal, not unlike the final version of the War Machine MK IV from Infinity War. For reference, the modular backpack Rhodey sports in the movie was added to the armor late into development (the original plan was to have two War Machine suits in the movie, but after MK V was scrapped, its modular backpack was added to the MK IV). It can be seen how last-minute it was because the War Machine basic figure is based on that early version without the backpack.

Considering that Professor Hulk's look was leaked well over a year ago when Endgame licensing art first started popping up, I doubt this was a case of Hasbro being forced to make do.

Well I would prefer a War Machine over an Iron Patriot

The BAF is clearly done so Hasbro can reuse the mold for a 2012 Avengers Hulk

When I saw the packaged images and the lack of Pepper Potts unmasked head I said out loud: "well that's disappointing", my wife ask what I meant and I told her, her response was: "Oh honey, you just know Hasbro is gonna re release it down the line in a 2 pack with Iron Man and they are both gonna have unmasked heads and the accessories that were missing the first time around." I hate that she may be right.