Marvel Legends 6" Avengers: Endgame Figures Wave 2 Revealed

JayC

13 hours ago, mako said:

Same question. Why?

Lol. I'm right there with you brother. "How 'bout that Shuri character, wasn't she awesome? And soooo much smarter than both Stark and Banner. Even though I've never really heard of her or know anything about her, I must say she made the entire movie!", said no one. Orchestrated and strategically manufactured fanfare at it's finest. Still a cool figure and something new. I'll get it.

I can’t believe they’re putting out another Loki this is like the 3rd or fourth one in the past two years. Beta bill is horrible, very little went into his design. The serpent guy looks like a waste of plastic and meant for a very niche fan base. I can live with the war machine. I was really hoping for the upgraded captain America suit maybe with Thor’s hammer and lightning effect.  I like the idea of the hulk baf but not impressed, I’d like to have seen a head with glasses and iron infinity gauntlet hand and I wouldn’t have minded if he had his onesie to change him up a bit.  But overall pretty disappointed. 

Those bashing the classic comic Loki are obviously MCU fans, only they would bash it when an 80th anniv classic comic Thor is forth coming. Prior to the BP movie, no one knew Shuri from a hole in the wall, even in the comics, she was a hardly ever used character in the BP mythos. Now due to the movie, 'everyone" wants her? Not me.  For those not wanting Rock Python, good, better chance I'll be able to snag it in the wild, he's a member of the Serpent Society & therefore a valid inclusion. Much more prevalent in the comics than Shuri ever was.  Union Jack Hasbro version blows away the earlier version in every way shape & form & for comic fans of the WWII era Invaders, is a must have to go with Cap/Namor. UJ is a very visually cool looking character.

union_jack_on_the_hunt_by_statman71.jpg

4 hours ago, Joe_ker said:

The serpent guy looks like a waste of plastic and meant for a very niche fan base.

The Serpent Society figures never sell well and I'm sure Hasbro is aware of them being niche characters. I still see Cobra everywhere I go and Eel and Constrictor were the same way for years. But I don't mind them. They mostly seem to be cost saving figures to offset the tooling of more popular characters who require dedicated sculpts (IE in this wave War Machine, Shuri and Rescue). Same for Union Jack, another character they know isn't all that popular but who is just a straight repaint of the Bucky Cap body with a new head.

That goes for a lot of the more obscure characters that get made. I loved the recent Citizen V (we could always use more Thunderbolts), but he was almost certainly made on that same premise. Or you get a character like Skullbuster, another toy that probably isn't gonna be selling like hot cakes, but they put him out there because he has some newly sculpted cyborg parts that can be reused for other characters.

13 hours ago, Joe_ker said:

I can’t believe they’re putting out another Loki this is like the 3rd or fourth one in the past two years.  

Agree with most of your comment except for the complaint about too many Loki's.  This is the 1st comic Loki figure in ages unless you count the Lady Loki figure from the A-force set (which, does anybody even remember this version? I feel like the kid version from Journey into mystery was much more noteworthy ).  And 2 of the 4 Loki figures were only available in somewhat pricey , exclusive sets (TRU A-force, WM Corvus 2-pack).  So I would say a classic comic Loki is long overdue. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of this version as it looks cheap, mostly because of the painted on scales which just seems lame. So I'll be sticking with the old ToyBiz version for now, even though he's ugly and wobbly. Although if/when the new one drops to clearance prices i may grab him anyhow.

10 hours ago, watanabefan said:

The Serpent Society figures never sell well and I'm sure Hasbro is aware of them being niche characters. I still see Cobra everywhere I go and Eel and Constrictor were the same way for years. But I don't mind them. They mostly seem to be cost saving figures to offset the tooling of more popular characters who require dedicated sculpts (IE in this wave War Machine, Shuri and Rescue).  

I still don't get the choice to throw Rock Python in this wave. Feels like there are many more significant Avengers characters that could be made just as cheaply.   I guess as the only brown face in the wave he does add some diversity (especially since War Machine doesn't have an unmasked head) but if that's the reasoning then why not Triathlon or Blue Marvel.  Just feels like Hasbro has a fetish for the most boring guys in the Serpent Society (note: they haven't made any of the female members)  for some reason. Have the Serpent Society ever actually even fought the Avengers? I mostly remember them from Cap's solo title and Marvel Two-in-one.

For hasbro they use the serpent society as a budget figure in order to save up on money for the other more detailed figures and new sculpts.

Personally i like the fact that hasbro are trying to complete this team. Give me more serpent society. You all may be saying team like alpha flight need to be done but this is one of the few villians team that hasbro has put an effort into, beside the masters and brotherhood.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

For hasbro they use the serpent society as a budget figure in order to save up on money for the other more detailed figures and new sculpts.

Personally i like the fact that hasbro are trying to complete this team. Give me more serpent society. You all may be saying team like alpha flight need to be done but this is one of the few villians team that hasbro has put an effort into, beside the masters and brotherhood.

I don't mind them doing the Sperent Society, I would prefer some more recognisable members like Diamondback, one the other hand I won't want all the famous ones being done at once and left with nobodies later.

37 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I don't mind them doing the Sperent Society, I would prefer some more recognisable members like Diamondback, one the other hand I won't want all the famous ones being done at once and left with nobodies later.

truth be told, I'm shock that she hasn't been done, giving her supporting role in the Cap books. Plus her recent Boyfriend was constrictor so it would be nice to have them both. 

7 minutes ago, tarot said:

truth be told, I'm shock that she hasn't been done, giving her supporting role in the Cap books. Plus her recent Boyfriend was constrictor so it would be nice to have them both. 

Yeah, it is strange. Fingers crossed she will be the next member done

1 hour ago, belmont13 said:

It's funny because for years I saw classic Loki in people's wishlists and now that we are getting  one people are complaining about the figure getting made. 

I think people are more disappointed with the execution than the figure's existence itself. I'll probably get it, but I can see why the painted scales turned a lot of people off. Especially when you see the new classic Thor with all those newly sculpted parts.

37 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

I think people are more disappointed with the execution than the figure's existence itself. I'll probably get it, but I can see why the painted scales turned a lot of people off. Especially when you see the new classic Thor with all those newly sculpted parts.

I can understand that and I agree that it could have been better. Myself I would have preferred Loki being a brand new body sculpt that was more slender and slightly taller. Heck they could have given us a Count Nefaria, easy reuse of the Walgreens/Vintage Punisher or a classic Graviton which also wouldn't wouldn't require much  new tooling and save Loki for the 80th anniversary line and get the same treatment as Thor and Iron Man.  I'm guessing that Shuri, War Machine, Rescue and the BAF ate up the budget.  That said, I'm still happy we are getting a Classic Loki, long overdure, however phoned it ended up. 

Shuri's looking a lot better now! The 2 I'll be selling to recover some money will definitely be Loki and Rock Python, but all MCU look great IMO. The Hulk looks to take the main spot in my collection vs the AOU version from the 2-pack... the more I think of it, the more I like the hero version of him on my hero setup. 

Bill and Jack are a toss up for me RN, I might really love them in hand.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Nice! Rock Python still looks goofy imo but the rest look cool

Well that's just because he's goofy-looking.  He and Union Jack are the two I'm most excited about here.  Really glad now that I passed up the older Jack; this one definitely looks superior, aside from the Webley.  I'll get Loki as well, though I'm disappointed in the figure's execution for the same reasons everybody else it binging up.