Marvel Legends 6" Avengers: Endgame Figures Wave 2 Revealed

JayC

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

Thirding the Shuri face looking a lot better here. I'd still like an unmasked Pepper head though, or a Rhodey one with the WM.

I know we're not getting either... but if it were a matter of "or" , I'd prefer a Rhodey head.

29 minutes ago, Hogun said:

Who asked for Rock Python and why does he get his own figure before Heimdall and my crew? I have legit never heard of him. I would rather have Hasbro make a Dominic Toretto figure and call it "Groot as a human" than Rock Python.

Me, I guess.  Didn't think anyone was listening, though.  I guess my pet mouse has more pull with the Hasbro execs than I thought!

That's not to say that we don't need Heimdall and the Warriors Three, because we absolutely do and I'm gonna buy the crap out of them when they come out.  Just because there are more popular characters that haven't been made yet is no reason to give any obscure character a pass, though.  If they produced in order of popularity, a bunch of cool characters would never get made.  I think one or two obscure guys a wave is a great pace!  Come on, Mr. Fish!

52 minutes ago, mako said:

If the worst thing Hasbro ever does to this line is not give us unmasked heads for Rescue and War Machine, I think they'll be doing alright. I'm more worried about War Machine's scale. Not saying he has to be Hulk-Huge, but there is some heft there.

I don't feel like they're doing something bad, they're doing great IMO. Someone not so long ago asked about the biggest disappointment from a ML, I couldn't really think of something that really disappointed me, there were things I think they could've done better, and pieces I didn't find interesting, but never disappointed.

I'm sure the scale will be good, I mean, he looks huge in the box and doesn't come with a BAF piece, so there's that. I think it'll be a great figure.

I pre-ordered Rock Python because he's the only character here that there's not already a better version of. I might pick up Rescue, Union Jack, Shuri and War Machine on the secondary market if/when they fall under $10 loose - but I have versions of all these characters that I like better. I have zero interest in the Beta Ray Bill, Loki or Hulk figures because I strongly prefer my old Toy Biz versions. I keep holding out hope for a good Thor set with Eric Masterson, Heimdall, Hogun, Fandrall, Volstagg and Kurse - I'd say maybe we'd get for SDCC but they just did a Thor exclusive that included Ulik, Bor, etc....  so it seems unlikely they'd do another one.

20 hours ago, Hogun said:

Who asked for Rock Python and why does he get his own figure before Heimdall and my crew? I have legit never heard of him. I would rather have Hasbro make a Dominic Toretto figure and call it "Groot as a human" than Rock Python.

So because of your ignorance of the character & never having picked up a comic with him in it, the rest of us who are fans of the Serpent society should get shafted out of another member of the team? Wow! Guess what, Gwen pool is an even worst character & a bigger waste of plastic so I just didn't buy her, Don't buy it if ya don't like it, what a concept!

On 5/12/2019 at 9:17 AM, tarot said:

For hasbro they use the serpent society as a budget figure in order to save up on money for the other more detailed figures and new sculpts.

That's pretty much the long and short of it, yup. They don't move units but they're cheap to produce. Every wave has at least one character who probably isn't gonna sell very well but uses minimal to no new parts, so it doesn't really matter in the long run.  So if you ever see an extremely obscure character not many were asking for and the figure appears to mostly be cobbled together from existing parts, you basically have your answer about why someone like Rock Lobster got made.

21 hours ago, Hogun said:

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

So because of your ignorance of the character & never having picked up a comic with him in it, the rest of us who are fans of the Serpent society should get shafted out of another member of the team? Wow! Guess what, Gwen pool is an even worst character & a bigger waste of plastic so I just didn't buy her, Don't buy it if ya don't like it, what a concept!

It's amazing how quickly we diss other's tastes and preferences just because they disagree. 

That's the problem when we use words as "waste of plastic" or "bad character", or similar. Someone ALWAYS likes that character, or enjoys the figure. And I think that's what's so cool about this hobby, we always learn about new stories and characters, whether we like them or not is up to us.

No opinion is "shafting" anything, the matter of fact is the character is being produced, and that's great. Saying "I've never heard of... I'd rather we'd gotten..." is wishful thinking at this point, and simply making conversation. 

I'd prefered getting Endgame Rocket, Thor, Cap, and Iron Man over BRB, RP, UJ and Loki... or just any other MCU character, but that's the way business works, and it's funny how over the years they've managed to make somebody happy with a new figure, even if wasn't a big seller.

I guess what I'm getting at is instead of just dissing or taking an opinion personal, try to tell us why you like the character, so those of us that aren't familiar with him can maybe become interested.

The sad reality is that the guy asking for Heimdall & his "crew" probably only knows of them via the MCU & not the comic versions. Other wise he'd know that Volstagg is fatter & more massive  than the Kingpin. The MCU version is a damn twig compared to the comic version. 

My thing is, if all you collect is MCU based figures of actors, great for you, but don't knock those of us that actually read the comics & know who the comic based characters are & only collect those.  With Avengers endgame over, Hasbro should just be doing comic based waves these next 12 months or so. But yeah, they know there are MCU fans out there that will happily buy the umpteenth version of MCU Cap/Ironman/Spiderman/Hulk &  now want obese Thor as well. Hasbro can paint a huge turd Gold & sell it as a BAF & they'll be salivating for that as well. Fools & their $$ are soon parted.

I learned a long time ago, no matter what Hasbro does not everyone is gonna be happy. Someone is gonna complain about either or a combination of these:

-Use of a certain body mold.

-Reuse of certain body mold.

-Character Choice.

-Paint apps.

-Lack of a certain point of articulation.

- The choice of costume/look/era for a character. 

I have witnessed and participated in too many Classic vs. Modern, MCU vs. Comic debates that it's really not worth it anymore. Personally I prefer comic looks over movies but I don't dismiss MCU figures they tend to be some Hasbro's best work with some nice detailing and sculpting, also the Marvel movies is one of the reasons a lot of stores still carry Marvel Legends. That said, I feel Hasbro is doing a terrific job with the Marvel Legends, they are not perfect but they are providing a nice balance of comic, mcu, classic and modern. We may not always get the character we want but we have to understand that not everyone is the same and we all have different tastes. I'm sure Hasbro is listening and we may get there yet but seriously Hasbro where's my DD love I need Owl, Gladiator, Matador, Mr. fear, Echo, Lady Bullseye, Stilt-Man in my life, also my street/urban characters are kind of lacking so Shang Chi(upcoming movie), White Tiger(Hector Ayala), Gideon Mace, Enforcers, Razor Fist, Bushwacker maybe even a Señor Muerte but I digress and I went too obscure, carry on, back to the Endgame wave, these look good. lol 

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

This site has been having a rising level of hostility recently and it's really dumb. It's toys, y'all. It's not that deep. 

LOL, this site has had no such thing. One or two people don't make a site ;)

Our friend Leaf Wrong was able to score the second wave of 2019 Avengers themed 6" Marvel Legends figures early and was nice enough to send us in these images giving us a good look at them including size comparisons. Check out all the images below. To recap the entire wave includes the following:

- Rock Python (Comic)
- Classic Loki (Comic)
- Beta-Ray Bill (Comic)
- Union Jack (Comic)
- Shuri (Black Panther Movie)
- War Machine Mark VI (Endgame)
- Rescue (Endgame)
- Hulk Build-A-Figure (Endgame)

You can pre-order these figures now at Megalopolis.Toys.

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-01.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-03.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-04.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-05.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-06.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-07.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-08.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Hulk-09.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-03.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-04.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-05.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-06.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-07.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-08.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Resuce-09.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Shuri-01.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-Shuri-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-02.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-03.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-04.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-05.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-06.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-07.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-08.jpg

Avengers-Endgame-War-Machine-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Beta-Ray-Bill-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Beta-Ray-Bill-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Classic-Loki-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Classic-Loki-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Rock-Python-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Union-Jack-01.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Serpent Society and even I'm looking at Rock Python and scratching my head. What a silly costume (looks like a smiling snake on his chest) bring on Rattler or Death Adder or maybe some of the wimmen folk. I'm sure the more interesting the figure the better it will sell. I of course have to buy it because I'm a completest but sheesh...what a snooze fest dude.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, memocromatico said:

Shuri's looking a lot better now! The 2 I'll be selling to recover some money will definitely be Loki and Rock Python, but all MCU look great IMO. The Hulk looks to take the main spot in my collection vs the AOU version from the 2-pack... the more I think of it, the more I like the hero version of him on my hero setup. 

Bill and Jack are a toss up for me RN, I might really love them in hand.

Do any of the previous MCU head sculpts fit on this Hulk BAF? I know this one is somewhat accurate but that Ruffalo face just bothers me. Never liked it in the movie either.

Also, that War Machine looks better than I thought, and I though it looked awesome to begin with.

6 hours ago, silverback said:

I decided to get this wave instead of the X men wave. I want the rock python for my serpent society too. And belmont13 you forgot one, Mr. Hyde. I would love a baf Mr. Hyde.

Yes! MR. Hyde should be a BAF so he can get the proper treatment and they can sculpt the Victorian Era clothes, in fact, he should be a BAF in a future Avengers wave.

18 minutes ago, belmont13 said:

Yes! MR. Hyde should be a BAF so he can get the proper treatment and they can sculpt the Victorian Era clothes, in fact, he should be a BAF in a future Avengers wave.

Hyde would be a good BAF, also he was the partner of KIng Cobra at one point