Unofficial X-Men Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Poll

leokearon

My list is pretty random.  I prioritized characters whom i find visually interesting over completing teams, altho my list gets me partway to building the Brotherhood and Hellfire Club.  As usual, there are a lot of other characters i would get from this list as well.  But i stopped reading x-men around '89 and didn't pick up again until Grant Morrison so there were a lot of characters i have little to no familiarity with.

1. Blob
  2. Erik the Red
  3. Firestar (C'mon, Hasbro!)
  4. Magma
  5. Mesmero
  6. Pyro
  7. Sebastian Shaw
  8. White Queen

Here is my picks

Deathbird

Husk

Meggan

Orphan Maker

Wolfsbane

M

Lady Deathstrike

Ravanche

as you can see I'm clearly a Gen X fan haha, wish Emplate was on the list as well

honorable mentions I also wanted to pick: Cyber, Xorn, Marrow, Candra, Holocaust, Amelia V and Firestar (It's a given we all want this one), would have said Hope Summers but I actually still think the one we have holds up

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Is Arcade really an X-Men character? I know they've tangled with him a number of times, but I always think of him as a Spider-Man villain primarily.

He may have fought Spidey and Captain Britain first but he fought the X-men more often and in handbooks he is classified as an X-Men villain

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Finally X-men! Went thru the page and my initial list was 25-strong LOL

Got down to 15 and "settled" with this:

(1) Jean Grey

(2) Callisto

(3) Sebastian Shaw

(4) Wolfsbane

(5) Sage

(6) Maggott

(7) Mastermind

(8) M

25 characters! that must have been tough to whittle it down

I've obviously got my favourites and had no problem choosing 8 for the poll, but it turns out there are also only 8 I'd be disappointed to get, so Hasbro's got 72 winning choices on this poll as far as I'm concerned. These are the only ones I don't want: Arcade, Changeling, Firestar, Jimmy Hudson, Living Monolith, the Locust, Maggott, Unus.

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Another though one!  I would have had much different answers if I didn't still have a lot of the old Toybiz versions (Mojo, Longshot, Pyro, etc.). I ended up going with:

1. Arcade
  2. Avalanche
  3. Banshee
  4. Black Tom
  5. Mesmero
  6. Sebastian Shaw
  7. Toad
  8. White Queen

Barring Banshee it's bring on the Bad Guys

5 minutes ago, Benn said:

I've obviously got my favourites and had no problem choosing 8 for the poll, but it turns out there are also only 8 I'd be disappointed to get, so Hasbro's got 72 winning choices on this poll as far as I'm concerned. These are the only ones I don't want: Arcade, Changeling, Firestar, Jimmy Hudson, Living Monolith, the Locust, Maggott, Unus.

I would like a Changeling, Living Monolith and Maggot figure, the others you mentioned  I couldn't care less. Barring Arcade he can rot

4 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Heck yes!  Though if the X-Factor team in their blue & gold uniforms had been options, that also would have changed things for me.  Who designed those uniforms, anyway?  Was it Larry Stroman?

Well, I'm mostly focused on characters but I will have a costume/variant poll in a couple of weeks.

29 minutes ago, leokearon said:

So far there is one clear winner and then a load altogether. Hopefully there will be more votes to break the deadlocks (or make them worst)

My money's on Toad for the clear winner.  Really hope they do him up right when they do get to him (as in, please no skinny guy in cargo pants, goggles, and a hoodie!)