Anyone else back the Army Alphas Kickstarter?

MonsterChris

1 hour ago, SeingtusLupus said:

I also backed them. I got 4 basic SWAT guys, 1 basic Black Ops SWAT, 3 gun packs, 1 deluxe Stealth Ninja and 1 Army Alpha. I hope it goes through smoothly, cause I really want those figures.

Wow, that's a haul!  Me too, though I'm not expecting them before this time next year.

Cryptid's  Super articulated Blanks thus far has been a major disappointment....delay after delay, and worse, almost no communication from the company. I backed them but cancelled. I know many have had to cancel as well. I posted about this sometime ago on the forum. I was really pulling for them, and these Alphas look great too, but I cant afford to get burned. I even wrote them questioning why they were going ahead with the alphas when they've done so poorly thus far with the blanks. Best of luck....maybe it'll all turn out in the end. I just couldn't risk it. After a year and several months of delays and excuses and virtually no communication, my Spidey-Sense just kept tingling. Perhaps they'll prove me wrong....

48 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Cryptid's  Super articulated Blanks thus far has been a major disappointment....delay after delay, and worse, almost no communication from the company. I backed them but cancelled. I know many have had to cancel as well. I posted about this sometime ago on the forum. I was really pulling for them, and these Alphas look great too, but I cant afford to get burned. I even wrote them questioning why they were going ahead with the alphas when they've done so poorly thus far with the blanks. Best of luck....maybe it'll all turn out in the end. I just couldn't risk it. After a year and several months of delays and excuses and virtually no communication, my Spidey-Sense just kept tingling. Perhaps they'll prove me wrong....

Yeah, I remember your post as well as their reply.  Communication does seem to be an ongoing issue with them.  I'll wait and see...

On 5/21/2019 at 12:09 AM, Atlantis said:

Yeah I've also seen the problems with the Blanks, I hope the Alphas will do better, but I will wait and see. I backed them and I hope it pays out, if not what can you do... It happens.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:57 PM, MonsterChris said:

Wow, that's a haul!  Me too, though I'm not expecting them before this time next year.

Yeah, it is quite a haul, but I thought to take what I want all at once, those army guys also look pretty good, but since I mainly collect Spider-Man and Street level heroes related figures, I don't have a place for them.

these are pretty cool , but I find them personally unnecessary for my collection, I don't army build or create battle scenes, but I do like these  and the concept of their existence, I wouldn't fund them though, I have been burnt two many times with kickstarters

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

the snake eyes styled one would be a must have for a joe fan

Or so you'd think. I'm just waiting for the inevitable G.I.Joe 6" line. 

I passed on the actual backing event for this the same as I did for the Marauder's WWII figures event. I wasn't satisfied with the appearance of those, and the wait times for product are so far out on all of these projects that I can't justify the spending without knowing exactly what I'll end up having in-hand. Though, they seem to have turned out well, and I'll be giving them a chance now.

3 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I passed on the actual backing event for this the same as I did for the Marauder's WWII figures event. I wasn't satisfied with the appearance of those, and the wait times for product are so far out on all of these projects that I can't justify the spending without knowing exactly what I'll end up having in-hand. Though, they seem to have turned out well, and I'll be giving them a chance now.

I was thinking of getting a night thrasher figure to make into snake eyes

7 hours ago, mako said:

Bottom line, I collect comic based Marvel Legends, Power Rangers Lightning Collection, Overwatch Ultimates, Neca's Animated TMNTs, and Fortnite Legendary Series. If I can get myself a little more wiggle-room, I'm considering adding Megaman Fully Charged and/or Transformers Siege.

That's five active lines, and two more waiting in the wings. I have neither the time, capital or inclination to back any kickstarter.

I couldn't possibly back these guys, because as I previously posted, they did such a lousy job on their previous project (far as I know that one STILL isn't completed), other people and myself backed out. Its one thing to have delays. Its another to ignore your backers so much that they accuse of you of attempting fraud. Even after being called out, they still were lousy. So I just cannot risk it. Also, as Mako points out, there's so much greatness out there already....from PROVEN companies....

7 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I too expect the 6" Hasbro G.I. Joe line any day now. Not a big fan of gi joe but we all know its coming. Cant believe what they come up with will be able to hold a candle to an official Joe line. But....who knows....

14 hours ago, mako said:

Bottom line, I collect comic based Marvel Legends, Power Rangers Lightning Collection, Overwatch Ultimates, Neca's Animated TMNTs, and Fortnite Legendary Series. If I can get myself a little more wiggle-room, I'm considering adding Megaman Fully Charged and/or Transformers Siege.

That's five active lines, and two more waiting in the wings. I have neither the time, capital or inclination to back any kickstarter.

Yeah, it was a tough call for me, too, what with all of the Marvel Legends this year.  I only posted the discussion here because of the legally-distinct-from SHIELD and Hydra soldier figures that they're making.  And I only backed them for those U.S. Army guys.  At this point, there's not much that I feel safe banking on Hasbro never making, but a Hulkbuster Unit army-builder figure is one.

• 3 months later...

Have no idea aobut the Action Force, but Cryptid's other kickstarter, the one I backed out of, is still having serious issues...allegations of fraud, theft, etc. Here's a quote from their latest (since im no longer a backer I cant comment on their comment page).

"Raef Gotti2 days ago

Damn,I guess we’ve been robbed and cheated out of our money at this point. Any recourse?

• GunnerSuperbacker1 day ago

Other than outrage?

'"not really"

That cash was spent a long time ago...

• after a few back and forth emails about mr. gentry with kickstarter:

Support (Kickstarter)

"Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and taking the time to bring this to our attention.

We've reached out to this creator and offered our assistance. In our note, we've encouraged them to provide an update on their project for backers, as well as respond to any messages sent through Kickstarter. Our goal is to open the lines of communication and encourage them to update more openly moving forward. You should continue reaching out to them on your end as well. Through this joint effort, we’ll be reminding the creator to check in.

I hope you hear more from the project creator soon."

i guess keep contacting support at the bottom of the page and follow up to their initial 'form letter' email.

• Kenny jacobs6 days ago

I'm really disappointed with the creator of these two kickstarters. I'm really unimpressed with his lack up updates and commitment. It just goes to show there are some truly bad people in this world. These type of people are the ones that make trusting other difficult. We do not deserve this. I know we will never see these figures and this Is my final comment. You are a piece of trash.

• its crazy. what kind of moron runs a business like this? i asked for a refund two years ago with no response.....two years. he can't issue refunds through credit cards anymore because of the time it has been it would require a check or money order....probably doesn't have the money left to do it anyway. i read his business was shut down by the state he lives in due to not paying taxes. there was a way to google it about a year ago.

he has two sculpts. a skeleton and a male body. no paints. his other kickstarter is going to take at least a decade....if anything is actually being produced to ship to everyone.

• MaddAddaM6 days ago

Can we please have an update of any kind? It’s been almost three years."

I could never back anyone doing this kind of crap. By the way when I was complaining about lack of updates and progress, some of the same guys griping here, were griping at me for "ruining" their time.

Fair warning to anyone interested in Cryptid Toys. Kickstarters aren't easy and don't always run as smoothly as everyone would like, but this one DEFINITELY looks shady and, as someone who almost got burned by these guys, just saying be careful. Here's the link to their ks site so you can see comments for yourself. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489380015/1-12-6-scale-super-articulated-action-figure-blank/comments