Emily VanCamp And Daniel Bruhl Reprising Roles For Falcon And The Winter Solider Series

JayC

Looks like Disney is looking to add a few more familiar faces to their new Disney+ Streaming Service Falcon & The Winter Soldier live-action series which stars Anthony Mackie (Falcon) and Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier). Both Emily VanCamp And Daniel Bruhl who were last seen in the MCU's Captain America: Civil War movie are said to be in talks to join the new show. VanCamp plays the character Sharon Carter who is the grand niece to SHIELD Co-Founder and Steve Roger's main love interest Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) and Bruhl plays the marvel villain Baron Zemo.

The new series has also grabbed a director with Kari Skogland, who is best known for their work on Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale.

In the Civil War movie Rogers and Sharon had begun a bit of a relationship thing which followed in the footsteps of the comics, however as we saw in Avengers: Endgame, things must not have worked out between the two as Steve choose to go back in time and rekindle things with Peggy and live out his days with her, causing him to be an old man now in the present. How or if this will impact the new series remains unknown.

1 of 1

44 minutes ago, tarot said:

I had a feeling they were keeping Zemo alive for a reason but I was kinda hoping it was for the Thunderbolts movie. Maybe this will lead to that.

But given that he is in this, they may be doing the "Trail of Winter Soldier" arc from when bucky was cap.

Could be possible, maybe Sharon will act as his defense, like Bernie did in the comic version

1 hour ago, mako said:

Hmm. Kind of interesting that they still call the show Falcon and the Winter Soldier, since Sam is supposedly Captain America now.

Maybe Sam hasn't become Cap yet, he could be in a transitional stage. Also putting Cap in the title may make some people think it will star Chris

11 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Maybe Sam hasn't become Cap yet, he could be in a transitional stage. Also putting Cap in the title may make some people think it will star Chris

exactly. Maybe this series will show how he is trying cope with taking the role of cap and ending with him donning his own Cap costume.

Not a huge fan of this move. Though I am happy both Sharon and Zemo remain relevant in the MCU I was kinda hoping for something new outta this series. There's far to many untapped characters for them to just troll out the same old characters? At this point it's starting to look like is gonna just be some filler story after Civil War. Did we learn nothing from the Netflix series'?

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Not a huge fan of this move. Though I am happy both Sharon and Zemo remain relevant in the MCU I was kinda hoping for something new outta this series. There's far to many untapped characters for them to just troll out the same old characters? At this point it's starting to look like is gonna just be some filler story after Civil War. Did we learn nothing from the Netflix series'?

I think they have to milk the characters they already have on board since actors, unlike comic book art, get older and eventually we would either have to recast (which would most likely feel odd to the general audience) or forget about them.