New Marvel Legends X-Men Vintage Wave Complete Reveal With 90's Storm And Iceman

JayC

Hasbro has released to us new official packaged and loose images for the upcoming Marvel Legends 6" Vintage themed X-Men figures. The entire wave includes:

- X-Factor Cyclops (Blue and white outfit)
- 90's Dazzler
- Silver Samurai
- Patch (Wolverine)
- 90's Storm (White outfit)
- 90's Iceman

These will be going up for pre-order this afternoon around noon ET at places like BigBadToyStore.com.

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Dazzler (in pck).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Cyclops (in pck).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Dazzler (oop).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Cyclops (oop).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Iceman (in pck).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Iceman (oop).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Silver Samurai (in pck).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Silver Samurai (oop).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Storm (in pck).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Storm (oop).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Wolverine (in pck).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN RETRO LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH Figure Assortment - Wolverine (oop).jpg

29 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Well, I might as well give up on ever getting this storm right? She's never gonna appear near me before a scalper gets it.

This was exactly my thoughts, I know this Storm is going to be never seen in the Wild and never going to be a standard price,

This Wave looks excellent though, The only ones I don't care about are Cyclops and Patch Wolvie, The rest are must haves especially Dazzler and Storm.

Now Where can I pre-order these so I can get my hands on them before I never do

Storm! Yeeesss! Sigh, but on the non-booty body, but ah well, lol. Any how, the wave looks great. I'm getting them all except for Wolverine. 

As happy as I am to see the Jim Lee Storm....Maaaan, is Hasbro ever holding out on her classic outfit! We've got the new classic Nightcrawler and Colossus upcoming, so Hasbro come on with it! Are they holding out because it shows too much skin? Hopefully not, and hopefully she'll be an SDSS reveal.

Since I'm not an X-Men fan and vintage waves usually eventually go cheap, I was considering getting the Iceman and use the ice effect on the bare-bones Blizzard from the Hulkbuster wave. However, I initially thought that was an ice blast effect, not... a "slide" that actually looks more like just a stepped-in pile of snow.

Pretty excited about storm, she looks great and not lanky like they like to do alot of the females.. at least in these pictures. Iceman looks dope too. The version Ive been wanting. Wish they wouldve utilized his ice powers better and the headsculpt isnt amazing but I ll take it! Looking forward to Silver Samurai and outback Dazzler too. Im betting those visor effects wont come off on cyc. Thankfully thats not a version of cyc I like and any unmasked wolverine by hasbro tends to end up looking like ass to me so thats an easy pass.  I hope these things aren't impossible to obtain.. i sold off my tiny head tb storm 6 months ago in eager anticipation for a better version by hasbro. 

18 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Really wish the energy effects on Cyclops were removable, they make no sense unless you use the blast effect.

Storm looks really good, Iceman is very retro looking, though the slide could have been done a bit better

I like the energy effects! They look like he just used his powers, so that's nice... but I wish the blast effect were usable with the other heads too... the older ones... since I'm probably skipping this uniform.

Storm looks amazing and agree on de snow diorama... sorry, slide.

36 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I like the energy effects! They look like he just used his powers, so that's nice... but I wish the blast effect were usable with the other heads too... the older ones... since I'm probably skipping this uniform.

Storm looks amazing and agree on de snow diorama... sorry, slide.

But it makes no sense, Cyclops eyes or visor  don't crackle with energy. I really wish they were detachable. I'm sure someone will find a way of getting the blast effect to work with the older heads

15 minutes ago, leokearon said:

But it makes no sense, Cyclops eyes or visor  don't crackle with energy. I really wish they were detachable. I'm sure someone will find a way of getting the blast effect to work with the older heads

Yeah given all the discussion about Sam being permanently  powered up, i figured some folks would be annoyed by Cyke's optic blasts permanently "leaking" out of his visor.  Its especially weird since he has two heads, you would think one would come with crackling and one without.  I can understand folks not digging it, although i'm very excited that they are least including optic blast accessories with Cyke now.   I'm guessing at some point in the comics or cartoon he was depicted with the visor crackling even while he's not blasting, Not really a new issue, I suppose, i remember  some folks didn't like Invisible Woman being always partially powered up either.  But again, with 2 heads it seems like they could've pleased everyone.

Storm is a must-have for me, Silver Samurai & Ice-Man are  also must-have, pending closer looks at the figures as i do have some questions about each.    I'd consider picking up Dazzler too.  Cyke and Wolvie both look good but not sure i need these looks, especially since Scott is the only (?) X-factor member so far. If this wave had a decent BAF i probably could've convinced myself to get the whole wave, though.  

Just now, bashpics99 said:

Yeah given all the discussion about Sam being permanently  powered up, i figured some folks would be annoyed by Cyke's optic blasts permanently "leaking" out of his visor.  Its especially weird since he has two heads, you would think one would come with crackling and one without.  I can understand folks not digging it, although i'm very excited that they are least including optic blast accessories with Cyke now.   I'm guessing at some point in the comics or cartoon he was depicted with the visor crackling even while he's not blasting, Not really a new issue, I suppose, i remember  some folks didn't like Invisible Woman being always partially powered up either.  But again, with 2 heads it seems like they could've pleased everyone.

Storm is a must-have for me, Silver Samurai & Ice-Man are  also must-have, pending closer looks at the figures as i do have some questions about each.    I'd consider picking up Dazzler too.  Cyke and Wolvie both look good but not sure i need these looks, especially since Scott is the only (?) X-factor member so far. If this wave had a decent BAF i probably could've convinced myself to get the whole wave, though.  

It's the only thing I don't like about the Cyclops figure (I'' probably still buy him, because I love the costume) and it reminds me of the figure I missed out on when I was young. Still with the two heads, they could have removed the effect from the neutral head and kept them on the shouting head,.

I think the real bummer here is the Storm, it's the wrong color.  the sculpt looks good but the costume is supposed to be more of a silver or a grey. I get that it was white in the show, but... I donno, I was never a huge fan of the 90's series.

As far as the visor effect on cyclops, I'm sure it's removable. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the same head from the Scott/Jean two pack, so either you can remove the effect (i mean how else would you put the blast on that head) or you can heat the head up and just pull the effect off, I mean if you don't want it there then it shouldn't matter that you can't reattach it right? I get that it's a pain but it's a small problem.

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

I think the real bummer here is the Storm, it's the wrong color.  the sculpt looks good but the costume is supposed to be more of a silver or a grey. I get that it was white in the show, but... I donno, I was never a huge fan of the 90's series.

As far as the visor effect on cyclops, I'm sure it's removable. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the same head from the Scott/Jean two pack, so either you can remove the effect (i mean how else would you put the blast on that head) or you can heat the head up and just pull the effect off, I mean if you don't want it there then it shouldn't matter that you can't reattach it right? I get that it's a pain but it's a small problem.

This is Hasbro, you can bet that they ll do a black and a silver set of variants at some point. They love to reuse their molds. 

I hope that visor is but I feel like its not. Hasbro does alot of great things but man they are certainly not perfect and have had a few missteps. Also if it were removable, youd think it would be a seperate piece in the packaging and not attached to his face. And the second head is for the blast effect, the first obviously doesnt have a hole to put it in from the pictures. From the picture, it looks like the whole visor is all one piece painted in gold. I dont think youre going to be able to even pull it apart. Its no big deal for me as Im not attached to this version of Cyclops but definitely sucks for those that are. 

I preordered Storm, Siver Samurai and Iceman on Amazon since I didn't want to risk not finding them down the road later. Cyclops is my favorite X-man but I'm sure I can find it later, I'm not big on Dazzler so maybe if I find it for cheap later I might pick it up. As for Wolverine, I am sick and tired of Wolverine releases and if it doesn't come with a BAF piece it is an easy pass for me.