New Marvel Legends X-Men Vintage Wave Complete Reveal With 90's Storm And Iceman

JayC

26 minutes ago, tarot said:

It is. It the same one as the jubilee baf wave

I think its the same but I dont think it was actually cloth, it was some kind of soft vinyl like material wasnt it? A material that ripped pretty easily if I remember correctly.

32 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

If the rumored 3 pack of Jean, Cyclops, and Wolverine is true I hope the Cyclops is the Jim Lee version, but with an alternate head for the optic blast like this vintage wave.

I would like see an alternate Scoot Summers head

2 hours ago, americamgl said:

For those who were unable to pre-order Storm, she is currently available in Walmart:

Wish the Worthy Captain America was available too... 

Actually the whole is available, except for Iceman.

There's something going on with that Iceman. Hopefully they've realized that tiny strip of ice is not gonna cut it and they're gonna make it bigger lol A guy can dream.

6 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

There's something going on with that Iceman. Hopefully they've realized that tiny strip of ice is not gonna cut it and they're gonna make it bigger lol A guy can dream.

Maybe there is no Vintage iceman, maybe we all dreamt it or it's a Mirage

I don't know. A for effort on the ice-slide? Maybe not even, since it appears to be the wrong colour for no fathomable reason, but they didn't need to include anything, and I'm sure that was as big as the price justified. They were never going to fit a suitably majestic ice-slide in a $20 package. Maybe ice-blasts for the hands would've been a better use of resources.

34 minutes ago, Benn said:

I don't know. A for effort on the ice-slide? Maybe not even, since it appears to be the wrong colour for no fathomable reason, but they didn't need to include anything, and I'm sure that was as big as the price justified. They were never going to fit a suitably majestic ice-slide in a $20 package. Maybe ice-blasts for the hands would've been a better use of resources.

I've seen people complaining about his lack of open hands so i think alternate hands, and/or ice blasts, or possibly alternate heads would have have been a better choice.  

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Speaking of Iceman and his slide, does anyone know how to make or even buy a custom made iceslide? Building a Jim Lee X-Men #1 display and would like to find out, thanks! 

Making it wouldn't be too hard. There's a modeling material you can get called "liquid effects" or "water effects" that's meant for creating realistic pools of water, etc., but you should be able to mold it around something to get the shape you want, and just drybrush a little white paint to make it look frostier. There's probably a frosted looking resin you could cast from a mold or use to 3D print too, but that sounds more time consuming or expensive, respectively. Try looking up a modeling ice tutorial. I'm sure some good ones exist.

44 minutes ago, Benn said:

Making it wouldn't be too hard. There's a modeling material you can get called "liquid effects" or "water effects" that's meant for creating realistic pools of water, etc., but you should be able to mold it around something to get the shape you want, and just drybrush a little white paint to make it look frostier. There's probably a frosted looking resin you could cast from a mold or use to 3D print too, but that sounds more time consuming or expensive, respectively. Try looking up a modeling ice tutorial. I'm sure some good ones exist.

Thanks!!!!

So apparently the Iceman glamour shots are on dorkside. Im guessing other avenues as well.. he looks ok but for some reason they gave him a GIANT cleft chin. It looks incredibly awkward.. like a giant piece of ice for a chin. im not bummed about the random slab of ice accessory even tho it wouldve been nice to have some kind of ice slide, i wasnt expecting it, since this is hasbro. The open hands wouldve def been a better idea than fists too. 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, JayC said:

I think its the same but I dont think it was actually cloth, it was some kind of soft vinyl like material wasnt it? A material that ripped pretty easily if I remember correctly.

Ya, it's like some really, really thin version of that vinyl "cloth" they make awnings out of. I actually traced the pattern and Cricut it outta actual vinyl for display purposes and bagged the original. It didn't "flow" as well as the thin one but she just basically has her arms in the air in my display anyway. If this Storm's cape is anything like the last one I'm definitely buying doubles.