Ideal X-Men Vintage wave 2

tarot

22 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

So hard to choose!!!! Off the top of my head:

1. Jean Grey (updated Jim Lee)

2. Banshee update

3. Syrin (90's X-Force)

4. Sunspot (90's X-Force)

5. Sunfire (AoA, one of my favorite designs)

6. Havok (90's X-Factor)

Or instead of Havok (or a bonus pick!!!!) I would go with 90's/first appearance Exodus!

exodus04a.jpg

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Ok now you guys are just making stuff up. Surely this outfit never saw print....its insane!

What, you want the emissary of Avalon to wear blue jeans? His costume fully captures his role as the 90s-est fancy mutant in Magneto's merry band of 90s cultists. It's perfect.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:28 PM, Benn said:

Which Sunfire look did you have in mind? Just curious, since we already have his classic look. I'm a big fan of his Age of Apocalypse/horseman look, but if you promise not to tell anyone, I'll admit that I'm also kind of a sucker for his super 90s ponytail costume with solar panels and random electronic seams all over the place.

Don't feel bad.  I dig that Whilce Portacio costume too.  And the Toy Biz figure of Sunfire in that suit was one of my favorites.  Given that we already have Classic Sunfire recent-ish, I'd be happy to get him in this suit.  Though an updated AoA Sunfire would be fine too.

As for my own "ideal" wave:

1.  Classic Havok - A nice, simple figure (just needs a new headsculpt, really) that seems well-suited for this line.  Bonus points if they include an unmasked head and some power FX.  Getting close to filling out the Outback X-Men roster.

2.  Banshee - While I agree that the green and yellow Banshee takes priority, I'd prefer the Blue and Gold Banshee (which was the version released in the vintage line), of course with alternate "screaming" and normal heads.  Bonus points if you give him his pipe.  Green and yellow totally needs to be made, but I'd be fine seeing him in the main line or a "Giant Sized X-Men" boxed set of some kind.  But I feel like the 90's/Lee X-Men aren't complete without a blue-and-gold Banshee.

3.  Longshot - Classic Costume (If you want a more modern-ish look can include an alt-head.   A must-have for the Outback X-Men, and pretty overdue for a Hasbro update.

4.  Stryfe - Re-release of a relatively difficult-to-find figure.  If Hasbro wants to spruce it up, can retool him to have a removeable helmet.  I know, I know, it's supposed to be "ideal" which for most folks means all new figures but I like to do these sorts of things with a bent towards semi-realistic, which means some reuse/re-release.

5.  80's Sabretooth - I like the 90's version we have, but let's see an update of his OG/Mutant Massacre look. 

6.  Maverick - Seriously how is this guy not already made?  He's got ties to Logan's deep, dark past, a pretty cool (if 90's) design, and is just all around a very "toyetic" character.

Bonus:  Let's do up a Vintage-style Legendary Rider and give us Bonebreaker/Bonecrusher.