New Marvel Legends 80th Anniversary Alex Ross Thor, Hulk, 1st Appearance Wolverine, Juggernaut and Colossus Figure Promo Images

JayC

While the figure isn't going up for pre-order just yet, new promotional images for the upcoming Marvel Legends 6" Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary Alex Ross Thor figure from Hasbro have slipped out a bit early which you can check out below. This figure was first announced during Toy Fair in February and should be released later this summer.

As for this weekend due expect another brand new Fan-Channel exclusive figure of venomous proportions to be revealed which we will be bringing you coverage of when it happens.

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-01.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-02.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-03.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-04.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-05.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-06.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-07.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-80th-Anniversary-Thor-Alex-Ross-08.jpg

1 hour ago, mako said:

Russo's take note, THIS is Thor!

Yeah i think this is probably the best ML comic Thor.   Feels like those of us who collect comic figs are getting a lot of love this year altho it don't come free lol.

I do wonder about his size as some of my Thor figures seem  too tall, but that ain't gonna stop me from getting this guy.

Glorious! This figure is glorious! Thor is my other fav Marvel character, and I am so happy to see his classic look done justice after all these years! I love that they gave him an extending wrist joint for the raised Hammer pose too. Actually, any figure that comes with a striking weapon absolutely needs that joint, but I digress! Can't wait to get this figure!! Is this also an exclusive?

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i think this is probably the best ML comic Thor.   Feels like those of us who collect comic figs are getting a lot of love this year altho it don't come free lol.

I do wonder about his size as some of my Thor figures seem  too tall, but that ain't gonna stop me from getting this guy.

We've been waiting and waiting and waiting for these figures ever since Hasbro rebranded the ML line as Infinite. These three characters' comic figures have always taken the back seat to the MCU figures that Hasbro has continually done over and over and over. Not to say they were all bad, but how many times have we crossed our fingers hoping, begging, praying (maybe that's a little much, but you get the point) that just once they'd throw in the comic version of one of the Big 4 just to be disappointed time and again. It's about time and they did a fine job of it. Between these three "Ross" figures and the Hulk/Wolverine 2 pack they cleared the field in one swoop. Credit where credit is due, but it does suck that it's both an exclusive (why it doesn't deserve mass retail is beyond me) and it sucks that we're gonna pay a premium price for it, and at the base of it one must wonder, why the hell did it take this damn long? And where is Falcon?

My rant over, this thing is marvelous (pun intended). It is the perfect Thor and it harkens back to the Toybiz "perfect" Thor and improves on every facet of it (I've personally never been all that fond of toe articulation). With every set of new images we get of this figure I'm feeling more and more confident that it's not quite as big as many of us originally perceived it to be. To me it looks to be using modified legs and arms from the Odinson or Unworthy Thor figure (as did Beta Ray Bill) and though the torso seems to be new it would still have to be somewhere within the same scale to look correct, so I'm expecting that they will be very similar in size, as they should be. So until I actually have the figure in hand I will maintain my faith that after taking this much time to put this figure out they will actually manage to at least get the size correct as it compares in scale to the modern ML line. Of course if someone on the inside wants to mess around and leak some pics of him posed next to some of his fellow Avengers' figures it might alleviate (or exacerbate) some concerns.

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Gorgeous!  A whirling hammer effect would have made this the perfect Thor figure.

Great idea! That whirling hammer would knock this further out of the park than it already is. Also, a bearded head, and maybe one with his teeth bared, and some new lightning effects.....MAKE MINE MARVEL!!

The Thor is awesome. Unless a company like Mezco finally decides to give us a comic book Thor, this will probbaly be the ultimate Classic Thor. I really wish that the Hammer spinning effect from the Thor Select fits in his hand.

That Thor is my favorite and this one might tale its place. 

26 minutes ago, FASVB said:

The Thor is awesome. Unless a company like Mezco finally decides to give us a comic book Thor, this will probbaly be the ultimate Classic Thor. I really wish that the Hammer spinning effect from the Thor Select fits in his hand.

That Thor is my favorite and this one might tale its place. 

Just had a thought. This Thor's outfit  looks like his first appearance one....seam down the middle, looser straps around the boots...maybe we'll get another version without the seam and tighter straps, AND with a spinning hammer plus a bearded head down the road? Hint, hint, Hasbro! You reading this?? lol

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Early appearance: visible seam down the torso of outfit. Looser boot straps.

Classic costume: no seam, boot straps much tighter. Sometimes, depending on artist, they have an almost "metallic" sheen.

thor.jpg

thor2.jpg

same costume different artist. It's the exact thing as saying Steve Ditko version of Spidey's classic costume is not the same as John Romita Jr. Classic costume. or how Jim Lee's Tiger stripe Wolverine is different from Len Wein's Tiger stripe wolverine. Hell even this Alex Ross is drawn different from older versions. One or 2 minor differences does not make a different costume.

Manoman do those look pretty!  This is the Hulk I've been daydreaming about forever.  Would love an alternate screaming head for him.  He in particular is going to get a lot of shelf time!

I'm already scheming to pose that Colossus so that he's literally ripping the helmet off of Juggernaut.  He's got the hands for it!

That Thor gets better every time I look at it, day one purchase for me. After all of the weird Thor variants we have gotten this feels earned and I can't wait to get it. People are excited about completing the Jim Lee version of X-men but me I'm just happy that by the end of the year I might have a good classic Avengers lineup to display. Like Atlantis mentioned it would have been cool if an alternate bearded head would have been included something circa Avengers: Under Siege. 

That new Thor and Hulk are looking really great. I need to figure a way to get them into my collection. Might have to sell some older figures to make a way. Out with the old and in with the new. Of course if I start doing that every time I wont have any old stuff left. Moderation is the key.