What 2019 SDCC Hasbro Marvel Legends Exclusive(s) Do You Want To See?

JayC

Unlikely, since they already did this in recent memory, but I'd be into an easy X-Force repaints (Archangel, Psylocke, etc.) box set, maybe with a new Fantomex. I could see a Hellfire Club set to loosely tie in with Dark Phoenix, maybe. What I'm really hoping for, though, is something I won't want, so I don't have to stress out about getting one. 🙂

I'd also love some Age of Apocalypse box sets. My favourite options would be:

Astonishing X-Men: Magneto, Rogue, and Sunfire.

Factor X: Beast, Cyclops, and Havok.

Generation Next: Colossus, Shadowcat, and Sugar Man.

These probably make better sense next year for the 25th anniversary of the Age of Apocalypse, though.

5 hours ago, JayC said:

The Hasbro Marvel Legends SDCC reveals could be coming any day now, so what are you hoping to see?

Untitled.jpg

El Aguila, Sub-Mariner (70s water wings), Namorita, Invisible Woman (clear variant), Wonder Man (clear ionic variant, original version), Doc Samson (80s red outfit), Inhumans with (Lockjaw BAF), Alpha Flight, original Guardians of the Galaxy, original Falcon, original Mantis, Moondragon, the Vulture, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, and longest of long shots....Red Wolf!

I only hope it's not an MCU "Thorbowsky, Iron Man Mk85, Worthy Cap vs Thanos" set or a "Black Order with movie accurate representation" because then I'd have to get them. I think comic book fans deserve the SDCC exclusive this year.

Though if they made a Runaways set with all of them and Old Lace I'd flip... Only way I see them doing these are as exclusives.

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Maybe Jim Hammond and Namor in box inspired by Marvel Comics #1

Both this and the Invaders Set idea would be awesome.  Though with the Invaders I might leave out Destroyer and give them a Baron Blood or WW II comic Red Skull to do battle with instead.

I mentioned in another thread the idea of a "Jean Grey Evolutions" type set:  Classic Marvel Girl (green skirt, gold mask), Dark Phoenix (possibly with a light-up "Phoenix Effect" piece), and Red/Gold X-Factor Marvel Girl.  (This is a change from my original suggestion since it seems the rumormill is heavy we're getting a Jim Lee Jean Grey via alternate means, otherwise I'd include her in place of classic Marvel Girl).  I don't see Hasbro doing the same character three times in the same set though...but I could totally see them offering just the Dark (or even normal) Phoenix with light-up base/display as a pseudo tie-in to the movie AND an easy Marvel 80th Anniversary "variant" release.

If they were totally going MCU:  An "Infinity Stone Briefcase" that includes six stone replicas, and Endgame Cap ("Clean" version), Lebowski-Thor (Final battle version...with Mjolnir AND Stormbreaker), and Mk 85 Iron Man w/ Accessories.  But I strongly suspect we'll be getting those in regular waves at some point.

If they really wanted to blow my mind?  A Legendary Riders-scale Bonebreaker.  Mad bonus points if you toss in another Reaver too, even if it's just a repainted SKullbuster with a Macon or Reese head.

I'm thinking we're gonna be seeing either an Invaders or Defenders set in line with the 80 years theme. A Howling Commandos set is a distant third. In the end I'll be happy with pretty much anything non MCU, honestly. Not hating on the MCU figs, it's just that until that horrible set from last year (I think that garbage is still up for sale at HTS) the SDCC sets were always a great place for some of those comic figs that got displaced by all the movie figs throughout the year got to show up. Alas though, with the conclusion of the Avengers movie franchise as we know it this year, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they did an Endgame based set with yet another Thanos (maybe with a severed alternate head for s#!+s & grins) and yet more repeats of the Big 4 characters.

I like the votes that everybody has for the Invaders. Personally I just want Jim Hammond. I can never understand after nearly 20 years and dozens versions of Johnny Storm did no one in Toybiz or Hasbro think to make a Jim Hammond Human Torch. It was have been the easiest head swap idea ever.

Also thinking that they are about to make an Eternal's movies maybe something like Sersei, Murkari, Gilgamesh, Ikaris and maybe Hercules (since he is rumoured to be in the movie as well).

If not then maybe something for Black widow. maybe a russian set with Nat, Yelena Belova, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium man, Unicorn and Silver Centurion Iron Man (not russian but works).

10 hours ago, jdgi said:

Giant Sized X-Men

I wouldn't turn down a Banshee, Storm, and Thunderbird box, now that I think about it. Let's face it, though, it would probably have to come with Wolverine too, hybridized from the Apocalypse wave and the Hulk box set.

15 hours ago, mako said:

After the *ahem* train wreck that was the Rail Authority set last year, I seriously doubt we'd get another MCU pack.

Myself, I'm hoping for another comic team set ala A-Force, Guardians, or Defenders. Maybe something in an Alpha Flight or New Warriors (I NEED a Namorita!). Come to think of it, a Warriors set that included a classic-look Firestar would actually fulfill two of my big wants. A New Warriors team, and, along with that retro Iceman, that complete Spider-Friends set a lot of us old-timers have been wishing for.

Hehe, puns. 

Yeah, I was thinking about how generally underwhelming that set was. I personally loved it (would've preferred a more Iron Fist Rand, but what we got was enough for me), but read that it was mostly disliked and with more than goo reasons. So yeah, I doubt they'll offer an MCU exclusive. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, RAMCAT said:

I won't elaborate on what I would want, but I pretty much just hope to see a cool, classic comic-based set.

I personally want to see a Starjammers set real bad.

You know that Starjammers set would just rock. And they've already got bucks they can build from (Ch'od = Abomination, Raza= Mr Sinister, for example). Love to see what they could do with a Madam Hepzibah!

I have a feeling (but I will probably be wrong) that we will see a Endgame set with Dude Thor, Iron Man and someone else potentially Hulk in his outfit, if not a set I feel strongly about seeing is a correct Quantum suit set, if not then it's going to be 80th Anniversary Fantastic 4 (alt outfits) since we just got word about FF getting casting for the MCU and it's 80th Anni and Stan just passed it seems right for Fantastic 4. or since I still feel they wanna pump Cap Marvel, a new comic Captain Marvel set with like Comic Carol, Mar-Vell etc. I however won't be suprised if it's a Stan Lee fig (maybe in a set with characters he fondly created)

What I really want is A Symbiote Set (gimme Riot, Phage, Agony & Hybrid)

or some awesome all Chick Box Set

I dunno I just hope I actually don't want it so I don't have to go crazy and try and buy it