JayC

What 2019 SDCC Hasbro Marvel Legends Exclusive(s) Do You Want To See?

1 minute ago, mako said:

Okay, seriously. Funco, Lego, Mattel: everybody has announced Marvel themed SDCC exclusives . . . except Hasbro.

I get it. Showmanship, make 'em wait, build that anticipation. Except I have little patience and a short attention span. You keep me waiting to long, I'll get bored and go find something else to entertain myself.

Hahaha. You can always tell who is a plastic addict with comments like that. 

But seriously, where is the announcement. Im litterally going through detox

1 hour ago, mako said:

Okay, seriously. Funco, Lego, Mattel: everybody has announced Marvel themed SDCC exclusives . . . except Hasbro.

I get it. Showmanship, make 'em wait, build that anticipation. Except I have little patience and a short attention span. You keep me waiting to long, I'll get bored and go find something else to entertain myself.

I might be misremembering but last year I don't think they announced/unveiled the Marvel Legends exclusives until just a few days before the Con?

19 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I might be misremembering but last year I don't think they announced/unveiled the Marvel Legends exclusives until just a few days before the Con?

Defenders box set was revealed by The Hollywood Reporter on June 29th, and it looks like the Red Skull/Tesseract set was unveiled on July 4th.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, Satam said:

So would you rather see...

GlCasW1.jpg

Or

jEO24Ou.jpg

???

Make a classic version, and then they can use the same body for a repaint as Squirrel Girl figure.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:08 PM, jdgi said:

I was thinking about this today, and taking into account the 80 years feel, it would be really cool if they do a couple of exclusive about pivotal moments in Marvel Comics history:

The Night Gwen Stacy Died

The Coming of Galactus

Mutant Massacre

Formation of the Avengers

This would be a great way for them to advertise their other classic moments sets such as the Wolverine vs. Hulk figure.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, shatonamime said:

I feel like we'll never get this a standard release, but a Bruce Banner/Doc Connors figure. A guy in a lab coat with purple pants is what Im hoping for. If an arm comes off and he had two heads, I feel like this is perfect for a SDCC release cause it's not exciting for a standard one.

I always wanted to see an Alter Ego set: Peter Parker; Tony Stark; Bruce Banner; Matt Murdock etc....or a support staff set: J Jonah; Gwen Stacy; Microchip; Foggy Nelson; etc.
Or even better, since it is the 80th anniversary of Marvel it would be great to have a Classic Creator set (they would never be able to get the approval for all of their likenesses): Jack Kirby; Stan Lee; Steve Ditko; John Romita Sr.; John Buscema; etc

59 minutes ago, norinradd said:

Make a classic version, and then they can use the same body for a repaint as Squirrel Girl figure.

Doreen isn't furry, though. Hepzibah's taller, too.  But they could maybe use the same waist piece, since they both have tails.

I would also think that it could be a classic comic avengers set since its both Marvel's 80th anniversary and end came came out this year.
They could pack the upcoming cap, ironman hulk and thor 80th figures, give them slight repaints/decos, add ant man and the wasp and maybe just maybe theyll include the disapeared Stan Lee figure we saw but never got released

On 6/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, mako said:

As for that villains notion, I'm not really into it, but I can see it being done. They've already done the Raft set for SDCC, maybe this time an "Acts of Vengeance" themed set?

I would get so stoked for this I can't tell ya'.  Classic Dr. Doom, armored Mandarin, classic Boomerang, The Wizard, Red Skull in his SS-ish uniform, and Lady Mandarin would be my preferred lineup.  That's a lot of popular classic characters to make a con exclusive, though.  Those guys mostly need mainstream releases.  I'd be psyched over a Starjammers set as well (and do hereby cast my vote for the Cockrum Hepzibah).

If they end up showing something I'm not interested in I'm going to be more relieved than disappointed though, truth be told.

Well the TF exclsuive has been confirmed so Marvel legends is probably coming really soon

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

If they end up showing something I'm not interested in I'm going to be more relieved than disappointed though, truth be told.

Yeah, I have to agree. While another "Rail Authority" situation would, as we said in college, "Suck Jurassic Park @$$," it would sure save me a lot of stress.

4 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

1 hour ago, mako said:

Yeah, I have to agree. While another "Rail Authority" situation would, as we said in college, "Suck Jurassic Park @$$," it would sure save me a lot of stress.

I am inclined to concur with my colleagues.

considering I will be on holiday at the time, if it turns out to be a dud, it would be great for me as well.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah. We never did get the classic Carol Ms. Marvel....

ms marvel ML Fan Choice - Ms_ Marvel 2 _764x1024_.jpg

This would be awesome (on an updated body mold, of course) with an alternate Dark Ms. Marvel head sculpt. We were shown this so long ago and we just knew it was gonna make it into the Captain Marvel/Kree Sentry wave, but anyone whose seen the movie knows exactly why neither this character nor Mar-Vell made the cut in the end. Marvel/Disney just simply chose to disrespect both characters and refuse they ever even existed in either form, in both the MCU and now the comics. Not fair. Not right. And for what........? Ya, I don't expect to see either of them any time soon. If they do, I'll be happy to eat crow, all while happily forking out my hard earned cash to buy the figures.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

This would be awesome (on an updated body mold, of course) with an alternate Dark Ms. Marvel head sculpt. We were shown this so long ago and we just knew it was gonna make it into the Captain Marvel/Kree Sentry wave, but anyone whose seen the movie knows exactly why neither this character nor Mar-Vell made the cut in the end. Marvel/Disney just simply chose to disrespect both characters and refuse they ever even existed in either form, in both the MCU and now the comics. Not fair. Not right. And for what........? Ya, I don't expect to see either of them any time soon. If they do, I'll be happy to eat crow, all while happily forking out my hard earned cash to buy the figures.

I have to say...a package of previously seen but unreleased figures would rock!

2 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I have to say...a package of previously seen but unreleased figures would rock!

There was that unreleased Rogue too, right? Rogue and Carol certainly have history...

Just now, Benn said:

There was that unreleased Rogue too, right? Rogue and Carol certainly have history...

Oooh....yes. I like the way you think!

I hope they make a fat endgame thor with beers and food and later release him in another wave but with a a plain can or with his costume during the battle against Thanos. 

10 hours ago, aNdReW-rIvAs said:

I hope they make a fat endgame thor with beers and food and later release him in another wave but with a a plain can or with his costume during the battle against Thanos. 

I'm betting the calorically challenged Thor and Rocket will appear in a 3rd Endgame wave or a possible forthcoming 2 pack, probably in his quantum suit. The question is will the colors be movie accurate or will they keep with the darker colors to be in coordination with the incorrectly colored figures already released? I'm under the opinion that they should just keep with the inaccurate color scheme, but knowing Hasbro they'll do Thor in accurate colors, driving us fans crazy, and then re-release the previous figures in a pair of 2 packs with maybe a few added doohikies, and in turn forcing our hand to re-purchase those figures again. Now, they're gonna say no one is holding a gun to our heads to buy them but any true collector understands that yeah...yeah they are. And you know it's gonna shake out that way.

16 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I'm betting the calorically challenged Thor and Rocket will appear in a 3rd Endgame wave or a possible forthcoming 2 pack, probably in his quantum suit. The question is will the colors be movie accurate or will they keep with the darker colors to be in coordination with the incorrectly colored figures already released? I'm under the opinion that they should just keep with the inaccurate color scheme, but knowing Hasbro they'll do Thor in accurate colors, driving us fans crazy, and then re-release the previous figures in a pair of 2 packs with maybe a few added doohikies, and in turn forcing our hand to re-purchase those figures again. Now, they're gonna say no one is holding a gun to our heads to buy them but any true collector understands that yeah...yeah they are. And you know it's gonna shake out that way.

I guess I'm glad I haven't found the Target two pack or bought Quantum Suit Cap yet. 😛

But honestly I'm just not interested in the Quantum Suit versions, except maybe Hulk.  I'm not often a fan of "Unified Team Looks" for superheroes.  Unifying elements? (Like insignia and stuff like that) Totally cool.  Everyone wearing the exact same thing with minor variation?  Not so much.

11 minutes ago, Fitz616 said:

image.thumb.png.871702e05b4d34f94e5ec63f37a19221.pngI guess it's this guy.

I'm sure it's just one of a few. Probably taking the place where the 3 3/4 figures used to have an exclusive. Our luck, the damn thing will be $60 like everything else that's come out recently. The best thing is now that they've pulled the bandaid and made a good Hulk buck, it may open the flood gates for many more Hulks in the future. You can't tell me a newer version of old Thunderbolt Ross Rulk isn't already in the works. I think it might be time to see if you can outdo Toybiz's Maestro, Hasbro.