2019 SDCC Marvel Legends 6" Toy Biz Retro Marvel 80th Anniversary Hulk Figure Revealed

JayC

At last we have a look at our first 2019 San Diego Comic Con exclusive Marvel Legends figure with a new comic book based Hulk which will be part of Hasbro's 80th Anniversary line and come in Toy Biz Vintage style packaging. The figure will cost $34.99 at the Hasbro booth on the convention floor (Booth 3329). Limited quantities will be made available after the convention on Hasbro's website. Check out the images which come via Yahoo below.

SDCChulk-01.jpg

SDCChulk-02.jpg

I prefer the color and headsculpt of this Hulk, the crushed pipe is a neat accessory, and I don't really want the 1st appearance Wolverine.

The price stings but doesn't hurt too bad since it's a big figure. However, the exclusivity hurts, and I don't even want to think what will it be its aftermarket price.

4 minutes ago, tarot said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJZEEJUkzchoOsoomgEq6

here is the original image for it.

The body is exactly the same with a different head and no ripped shirt. They could have painted him grey tho. Would make it a better purchase. 

I agree with Jay. 35 is too high. Could be 29 or 30. More than  fair price. 

1 minute ago, FASVB said:

The body is exactly the same with a different head and no ripped shirt. They could have painted him grey tho. Would make it a better purchase. 

I agree with Jay. 35 is too high. Could be 29 or 30. More than  fair price. 

it probably just to give people a different artist version. But I do think the price is taken into account that he really is a BAF size figure. 30 dollar for it would seem fair.

It does look good enough but I think 2 pack version has superior head sculpt. This figure  gives toy vibe, I wish they used same plastic texture as they did with movie Professor Hulk figure, who is Imho the best Hulk from Hasbro, at least aesthetics wise.  I hate to nitpick but proportions despite being big are way too blocky.

I'm not the world's biggest Hulk fan so this would be a "good enough" version if I can get it for retail that would let me skip out on the two pack, which has a somewhat better Hulk but I could care less about having a First Appearance Wolverine and a torn shirt accessory.  So in a weird way despite the price I might end up saving money if I can get this one.

Definitely prefer the 2 pack version over this one despite not wanting the FA Wolverine as it looks ugly and im just not a fan of that costume. But all of you are forgetting that the 2 pack also comes with multiple hand sets along with the torn shirt. That and I like his color scheme and headsculpt better in the 2 pack. But the $35 price tag is reasonable if you consider they want $60 for this figure on top of a very small regular size figure and a few accessories. By that logic that means youre getting FA wolv for $30 as well if $30 is a reasonable price for this figure. Its essentially a BAF and I think they see that size figure as $40 msrp so they are essentially giving this Hulk a $5 discount. 

So this answers some questions...

So I have been tracking Hasbro's imports via. 

https://panjiva.com/

And while looking I came across a recent shipment with some of Hasbro's product on it. This is what I came across.

https://panjiva.com/Buyers-Of/Hasbro+mvl+sdcc

MATERIAL #: E57960000 MATERIAL DESC: MVL SDCC TBD 1  MARVEL CLASSIC HASBRO TOYS ACTION

MATERIAL #:  E57950000 E5795 6 CS MVL SDCC TBD 2 MARVEL CLASSIC HASBRO TOYS ACTION FIGURES

Well the listing's didn't give much info besides that we're probably getting two marvel legends related exclusives. Now seeing this Hulk revealed I realized the "Classic" in the listing is probably referring to the Retro style packaging. 

So I'm going to guess what ever the 2nd exclusive is, expect it to be in Vintage style (or Classic) packaging possibly.

Looks very cool, although unless you're going to sdcc i'm guessing it will be nearly impossible to get ahold of for $35.  I prefer the 2-pack version as i like the head sculpt on that one better, plus he comes with extra hands that the retro package version doesn't.  And if you price FA Wolvie at $20, the extra $5 for hulk seems worth it for the better head sculpt, ripped shirt, and hands.  The retro packaging is cool but the packaging for the 80th anniv set looks nice too.

35 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Definitely prefer the 2 pack version over this one despite not wanting the FA Wolverine as it looks ugly and im just not a fan of that costume. But all of you are forgetting that the 2 pack also comes with multiple hand sets along with the torn shirt. That and I like his color scheme and headsculpt better in the 2 pack. But the $35 price tag is reasonable if you consider they want $60 for this figure on top of a very small regular size figure and a few accessories. By that logic that means youre getting FA wolv for $30 as well if $30 is a reasonable price for this figure. Its essentially a BAF and I think they see that size figure as $40 msrp so they are essentially giving this Hulk a $5 discount. 

I didn't forget that at all. It's part of why I said the two-pack version is a superior figure.  But for me personally it's not necessarily enough of a difference to make me skip the less expensive option.  Hasbro's putting out literally thousands of dollars worth of figures this year.  Most people gotta save where they can.  Like I said, Hulk isn't one of my favorites, even if I do think he's an "essential character." 

18 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Think it'll be the only exclusive? Feels kind of lacking considering everything that came out last year, and the 11 year closure of Iron Man's arc in the MCU.

Looks like there'll be at least two, based on above posts.  Which is in keeping with the last few SDCCS where there's usually at least two ML exclusives.  Usually a multipack and a single-figure of some kind.

While I do want a Hulk figure, and I’d prefer a single-carded release over the two pack, the two-pack version just looks better. This is an easy pass, but it is cool to see him on the retro card back.

I have to imagine we’re getting a multi-pack as per usual SDCC. Maybe something from Endgame, like a set of accurate quantum suits with interchangeable helmets and a display base?