2019 SDCC Marvel Legends 6" Toy Biz Retro Marvel 80th Anniversary Hulk Figure Revealed

JayC

I am really hoping I can get my hands on this one, as much as I really want the 2-Pack version with Wolvie, I have not one single interest in the Wolverine , despite the fact I do like the overall look of both I prefer the 2-Pack version's head, but like this color more I also don't care about the shirt and was planning on taking it off the 2-Pack version if I obtained it, but knowing I don't want the Wolverine in the 2-Pack and the price is going to be quite a bit (in Canada) for it, I will be hoping I can get this version as it fits the bill of a classic Hulk I much desire

This is an easy pass. I'll be pretty disappointed if this is the only Marvel Legends SDCC exclusive. I was really hoping for a Warriors Three 3-pack, or an Inhumans set, or New Mutants. This might be the first year for a long while that I won't feel the need to track down the SDCC exclusive.

2 hours ago, Velocibaker said:

Cons: Now instead of paying $40 for two figures, I'll be paying $5 less for 1... wow... 

The Hulk/Wolverine two-pack is $60, so you'll actually be paying a whole lot less if you just buy this Hulk instead. Hulk is just not gonna be the same price as a normal action figure from the same line. If Wolverine or Jubilee is $20, Hulk's easily twice the figure. Think of him as a BAF, because he's BAF-sized, easily, and most of those run you $40 to $100 bought separately OR require you to buy at least two $20 figures you otherwise didn't want to complete them. 🙂

Great looking figure. Can’t wait to get my hands on this! Hope they give us more figures for the vintage line of Marvel Legends. Maybe some more classic Avengers? Like a Classic Falcon? We definitely need an updated classic Falcon. The last one we got was from Toybiz.  I think this is also a great opportunity to give us some classic looking villains as well. 

I like the 2 pack version a little better though I kind of like the darker color on this one, aparently itll also be sold at a con in my country thats happening in august so If I can get my hands on it Ill probably pick it up if anything just for the retro packaging, though its not really that important since Im already planing to get the 2-pack since I want both figures in that pack.

32 minutes ago, thefurnace116 said:

Great looking figure. Can’t wait to get my hands on this! Hope they give us more figures for the vintage line of Marvel Legends. Maybe some more classic Avengers? Like a Classic Falcon? We definitely need an updated classic Falcon. The last one we got was from Toybiz.  I think this is also a great opportunity to give us some classic looking villains as well. 

I would love a classic Falcon! Some classic villans would be sweet! I for one would also like to see some obscure villans! Nefaria, Egghead, Graviton...pick your VILLAN!

5 hours ago, tarot said:

I really don't think they should use this for Grulk. he has been proven to be much short and less bulky then Green Hulk. but I agree with Rulk thought.

Agreed, if they ever do a grey Hulk he must be smaller than this buck. I'd say somewhere in the range of the Thing figure. Or maybe they could use the buck from the snooze inducing Caliban BAF with some retooled legs to actually do a good figure like Grulk. But honestly, if they ever do any version of the Grey Giant I'm almost certain it would be Joe Fixit which would require a lager figure in a suit. Then again, since when has size accuracy ever been all that important to Hasbro?

5 hours ago, tarot said:

I actually liked it. it was a good figure to the time and still stands the time. If they do a new rulk, then they should include a Robert Maverick head in order to get a new character. 

It still is a great figure. The only thing that keeps it from being on par with the current crop is the simple lack of ankle pivot. It would seem that a Maverick alt sculpt would be a no brainer, right? But then again.....Hasbro.

5 hours ago, Jiris said:

May have been nice with alternative heads and hands. For me, the monster venom body makes him on the small size

Ya, it's not the Monster Venom buck. This one looks to be almost as massive as the Juggernaut buck (which is comic accurate for Savage Hulk). Plus the Venom buck doesn't have butterfly joints.

18 hours ago, Reno said:

This is an easy pass. I'll be pretty disappointed if this is the only Marvel Legends SDCC exclusive. I was really hoping for a Warriors Three 3-pack, or an Inhumans set, or New Mutants. This might be the first year for a long while that I won't feel the need to track down the SDCC exclusive.

It seems incredibly unlikely there wouldn't be at least one more, especially since it's the 80th anniversary.  There's been two the last couple years now. 

17 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I would love a classic Falcon! Some classic villans would be sweet! I for one would also like to see some obscure villans! Nefaria, Egghead, Graviton...pick your VILLAN!

This would be awesome! Good picks! I think maybe Classic Masters of Evil characters would be dope. Like a Classic Zemo or something. Nothing beats a classic.  👍🏻