Inspiration for collecting

Far as inspiration goes, I'd say the majority of Marvel action figure collectors got into it because of the comics, not the movies (nothing wrong with the mcu either). Decades of seeing our guys in print, now come to action figure form...dream come true. Also I'd say the majority of collectors are Not 8-12 yr olds, but more than likely in the 30s-50s range. 12yr old isn't likely to know who Sunfire or Titanium Man is. Never heard of Thundra, didn't know Falcon got his wings from the Black Panther, or that Wakanda furnishes the Avengers' Quinjets. Also 12yr olds probably don't have the disposable income to afford these things! :biggrin: But even if you never picked up a comic book in your life, I think anyone can appreciate the work done on the Marvel Legends line.

I really would love to show some display pics but I don't put my legends in very dynamics poses due to my space constraints, so i'd say that wouldn't be inspirational, in terms of what was inspirational for me collecting well Atlantis really told it, I have been a huge comic book fan since a child, and toy collecting since He-Man and Thunder cats, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Battle Beasts, TMNT and Super Powers as a kid (a young kid) I grew up instantly with figs and I'm now 35, and have amassed a wide collection, Legends wern't really my thing for years I was a Marvel Selects collector (originally when the first wave Legends came out) Selects seemed better to me, It wasn't until the Infinite series (I.e Winter Soldier boxing and wave) I came back full front to Legends (I'd only collected here and there when the character wasn't available in Select) the new identity and style Hasbro created for Legends hooked me, and since the Amazing Spider Man 2 Wave I've been on it, I'm a picker and chooser rather then a completionist so I missed some, but the Inspiration always came from being a comic and multimedia fan of all things Marvel, and now I can have my fave hobby of collecting now spirited into wonderful figures to collect 

Atlantis I am not starting my collection from the MCU I was also comic book fan I started collecting in the toybiz days but then left after hasbro got the rights then I mostly collected DC classics and Marvel select plus titanium man was one of ironman’s arch nemesis he wore a green or a red armour suit of armour he first appeared 1965 it’s funny because I owned that comic book and sunfire was a mutant appearing in X-men although back then I didn’t read a lot of X-men although you may think I am 12 I really hated thundra I heard of her when she fought the thing  and I used to read a lot of avengers comic before it was cool and I read a lot of Spider-Man , Captain America and hulk, Ironman  I was also a huge fantastic four fan Did I mention I own toybiz series 2,4,5 , legendary riders , complete apocalypse, complete giant man , complete mojo and an almost complete galactus ( missing bullseye) toybiz fantastic four movie figures and a few gift sets so just because I started collecting the hasbro ML it doesn’t mean I am not a comic marvel fan