Should there be Vintage Lines inspired by other Marvel toylines?

leokearon

So far, we have VItnage Lines inspired by the Toy Biz Marvel Super Heroes line and the X-,Men toy line. Should there be one's inspired by the other 90's toy lines like the Spider-Man, Marvel Action Hour, etc lines. Maybe with the characters in their show looks. Like the Chamelon in this 90's show look.

2 minutes ago, tarot said:

The iron man line based around the 90 show is my top pick as they could do so many armour lefy to do and in many case redo.

After that the f4 line which could re release the walgreen version in their negative zone uniforms with some new characters like the wizard

Iron Man would be awesome, especially if it meant getting the  Modular Armour and a rereleased Dreadknight

I think if they plan on keeping this Vintage line going, of course we are going to see Iron Man, F4, Spider-Man and hopfully a Secret Wars series, all using the re-make card back structure, and I'm really stoked on it happening I'm going to be glad if they do.

Actually, now that the Avengers movie arch is over, all of the big 4 should be legitimate choices to have their own Vintage lines. Like most everyone else I think an Iron Man line would be the most sensible (and profitable) choice for Hasbro. Aside from the dozens of armors which need to be done (silver centurion, black stealth), and some redone (modular, extremis) there's so much source material and so much potential for expansion. Anything from villains like Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, Swordsman and Blacklash to allies and heroes like Maria Hill (and other SHIELD agents), US Agent, Ronin and Falcon are all on the table. The only down side I see is that the Vintage waves don't include BAFs which means characters like Classic Titanium Man, Arsenal and Detroit Steel would be off the menu. Of course, based off the reveal of the new Comic style Hulk on the Vintage style card, and depending on it's relative success, I'd say there's a fair chance that Hasbro's entertaining the possibility of including at least one "premium" format figure in future Vintage waves. Though the $35 price point is a little high IMO, I would honestly not mind paying for a "larger" figure for anywhere between $25-$28.

Also, a Secret Wars wave mixing both the original story line and the more modern story lines would be a surefire moneymaker.

I remember someone at hasbro saying when they did the secret war 2-pack for the MU line that they can't use the packaging design for it as it is still owned by Mattel. not to say they can't do a secret wars line, story character etc are owned by marvel, but the packaging will be different as they can't get the rights to it.

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

I remember someone at hasbro saying when they did the secret war 2-pack for the MU line that they can't use the packaging design for it as it is still owned by Mattel. not to say they can't do a secret wars line, story character etc are owned by marvel, but the packaging will be different as they can't get the rights to it.

That's a shame. Guess variant covers are a different thing unless Marvel had to get permission from Mattel